Using OBC Prior to Boarding for Shore Excursions

Desert Cruisers

1 hour ago, Host Hattie said:

I'm not sure I'd call it a ploy, it's called on board credit so you have to spend it on board !

We have booked excursions b4 boarding cancelled on board with refund 2 cc and rebooked same using OBC on all 3 ships.

30 minutes ago, sogne said:

We have booked excursions b4 boarding cancelled on board with refund 2 cc and rebooked same using OBC on all 3 ships.

That's certainly a way round it, although I guess there's a risk if the excursion is sold out with a waiting list you won't be able to make the new bookings. 

A general question - so maybe in the wrong place - is there a full range of shore excursions bookable before departure at exactly the same price - or discounted -  as on board?

(Thinking for Norwegian fjords - all i booked before travel on QM2 to NYC was a Verandah meal)

7 hours ago, Victoria2 said:

Bit of a giveaway in the title ''onboard''!

Yes, I do know what the abbreviation OBC means.  Azamara allows passengers to use On-Board-Credit to pre-book excursions before sailing. We have a boat-load of OBC for 2 QE sailings in 2023.  Now will wait until we board to book excursions. 

22 minutes ago, Desert Cruisers said:

Yes, I do know what the abbreviation OBC means.  Azamara allows passengers to use On-Board-Credit to pre-book excursions before sailing. We have a boat-load of OBC for 2 QE sailings in 2023.  Now will wait until we board to book excursions. 

Rather more a Cruise Credit than just Onboard then.

If you find an excursion  of interest, let's say a sightseeing flight for instance which indicates any kind of limited places, I would book asap.

6 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

That's certainly a way round it, although I guess there's a risk if the excursion is sold out with a waiting list you won't be able to make the new bookings. 

never had a problem doing this done as soon as tour office opens once on board

Alas, no.

I do so on other lines, but not Cunard.

My main advice is if there is something you MUST do for your excursion, or you will be heartbroken, go ahead and book it ahead of time to secure your spot. 

Then you can use your on board credit for things like drinks and other excursions you are not set upon.

Enjoy!!!