Top 5 Overrated RC things

Husky1987

#1 by far - The weekly cruise planner sales that are the same discounts every week.

#2 is an extension of #1 - ship excursions - only done a handful but each one has seemed to have 200 people reserved when the expected capacity would be 100.

#3 Wonderland - Did. Not. Like. At. All. Really wanted to

#4 70s Night - I’m at least at the average cruiser age, if not older, and while I was born in the 70s, I didn’t have any experiences in the 70s. Go 80s or 90s please.

#5 Windjammer - It is the same choices for breakfast and lunch everyday, no variety

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ret MP said:

I believe there are some heavy drinkers that would disagree with that.  LOL

I wish I could get a drink package when visiting nyc at about 20 a drink , but with my 5 free drinks and suite lounge happy hour we now can eliminate that , we also order several bottles of wine at a discount since we buy UDP .

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CFIGuy said:

#5 Windjammer - It is the same choices for breakfast and lunch everyday, no variety

I sailed on Serenade 11/5 and ate all my meals in Windjammer.  Breakfast and lunch offerings definitely were NOT the same offerings/choices.  On a couple of days, Lunch and Dinner selections were similar, but with variations.

23 hours ago, Ret MP said:

Not consciously.  I've been using it for decades in certain situations and in the Army I used it when I was done with my meeting with my squad/section/secretary/whatever.  I guess that it's my way of showing unquestionable finality.  

It’s off topic, but this is my favorite use of “that is all.” (Only 16 seconds long)

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, CFIGuy said:

#1 by far - The weekly cruise planner sales that are the same discounts every week.

#2 is an extension of #1 - ship excursions - only done a handful but each one has seemed to have 200 people reserved when the expected capacity would be 100.

#3 Wonderland - Did. Not. Like. At. All. Really wanted to

#4 70s Night - I’m at least at the average cruiser age, if not older, and while I was born in the 70s, I didn’t have any experiences in the 70s. Go 80s or 90s please.

Born in the 70’s???  I have bunions older than you!😄😄

• Haha 2

On 12/13/2022 at 3:00 PM, Husky1987 said:

Thanks for clicking...you get to read the results of my boredom at work.

1. Johnny Rockets milkshakes - YES!

2. Kummelweck sandwiches - HELL YES!!

3. MDR lobster - YES!

4. Towel animals at night - Meh .... take 'em or leave 'em

5. CC threads with lists

I'm right there with you on 3 of them.  Some more enthusiastically than others. 😉

On 12/13/2022 at 3:43 PM, Mum2Mercury said:

I like Royal Caribbean, but -- yeah -- they have some short comings:  

1.  Calling customer service on the phone 

2.  Shops that sell jewelry and watches 

3.  The spa 

4.  Drink package as "a bargain" 

5.  Separate suite seating by the pool 

on my recent cruise they LOST money on us because of the drink package 😂 It really was a bargain!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SarcasmSpasm said:

on my recent cruise they LOST money on us because of the drink package 😂 It really was a bargain!

You might be a good candidate for Celebrity.(if you haven't tried them already)  Their upcharge for the "all in" package that includes unlimited drinks, paid gratuities, and wifi, is significantly less than the price of Royal's drink package alone.

Dan

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Fun Researcher said:

You might be a good candidate for Celebrity.(if you haven't tried them already)  Their upcharge for the "all in" package that includes unlimited drinks, paid gratuities, and wifi, is significantly less than the price of Royal's drink package alone.

Dan

Great Info., I did not know that.  I'll have to think seriously about that.  One of the minor reasons why I stick to RCCL is because of the Crown & Anchor.  I've always had the opinion that I didn't want to spread my loyalty and "points" around too much as they wouldn't accumulate as quickly and get diluted.  But, RCCL and X honor each other's system, why not, they are owned by the same umbrella company.  

Question though:  Do all "of age" people in the cabin have to purchase the "All In" package?

On 12/13/2022 at 3:00 PM, Husky1987 said:

Thanks for clicking...you get to read the results of my boredom at work.

1. Johnny Rockets milkshakes

2. Kummelweck sandwiches

3. MDR lobster

4. Towel animals at night

5. CC threads with lists

What are yours?

MDR Lobster lol. Had to order 3 of those last cruise to fill me up. Tasty yet tiny 🙂

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, gizbug said:

MDR Lobster lol. Had to order 3 of those last cruise to fill me up. Tasty yet tiny 🙂

I ordered two extra once.  After eating the first, I almost ate my left thumb.  They are that small :classic_smile:.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

Did you dip your thumb in the butter first?😉

Well, yaaaaaaa.  Do you think I'm unrefined and/or uncouth.  I even stick my pinky finger out while drinking my moonshine in a mason jar.  Geeeeeeesh!