Free At Sea Plus....dinner wine sharing????

SakeDad

if the bottle of wine is free (cagney's & le bistro) it seems to me that no one  on the staff in  the restaurant would/should be concerned if the wine is being shared with anyone else at the table, regardless of whether or not they also have the package. what is the waiter going to do? confiscate the bottle, or the glasses from the other people?

i think not

I travel with friends but in a solo cabin.  I get FAS+ with bottles of wine with dinner.  Yes, they bring glasses for my friends.  My friends didn't even ask; they would have been happy ordering their individual glasses.

Taking it a step further, I ordered a bottle of Moet in Teppanyaki and offered it to those at my table (i.e. mostly strangers.)  Again, no issue.  When it ran out they brought another.

Truth be told, much of the time I don't order the bottle.  I can order anything by the glass which is usually fine by me so ordering a bottle is wasteful.  Yes, you can recork it and take it back to your room, but I'd sooner order a fresh glass.

• Like 1

Depends on the restaurant and the waiter, you have.

As an example:

Somelier broght the moet - 2 glass limited to plus owner.

Day later, same waiter, remembered bubbly and wine order:  4 glass no problem.So we stayed with the same guy all cruise, we ate in MDR , and tipped.....

As an different example: we ordered 2 glass of VC, same waiter brought a bottle for the table.  I've asked hey this Version is by glass only within the package, he said, no problem sir  iv'e booked 5 glass for you 😀

Same with Oberon wine....

Edited by MarkusToe
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1