Panorama question

wemjam

I live in LA and I drive for a living. Saturday morning is usually pretty decent on the 405 freeway to the 710 to the port exit. Give yourself an extra hour to get to the port it bottlenecks real badly. last time I was at the port dropping off a friend for the panorama. It took 30 minutes to drop my friend off at the terminal once you got in line for vehicles.

Edited by Madhatter12
  • Like 2

On 12/15/2022 at 4:31 AM, grimpil said:

We are doing a back to back in Feb on the panorama and wondering if there is a walkable place to pick up wine nearby on our turn around day. Did anyone have experience with corking fees in MDR? We are flying in the day before and staying at the Hotel Royal in Long Beach, very reasonable price  so a little nervous about that one but we will see

Here are the closest package/liquor stores to the Long Beach Cruise Terminal.  None are very close and walking to/from could prove problematic for you.  Uber/Lyft/Taxi may be your best option.   https://www.google.com/maps/search/liquor+store+by+Carnival+Cruise+Terminal+-+Long+Beach/@33.76244,-118.1998104,5878m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!2m1!6e6

• Thanks 1

On 12/14/2022 at 3:07 PM, csm5986142 said:

Anyway, just wanted to mention that you can't take an Uber/Lyft from the airport - you have to go to their ride share lot (not a big deal but it can be kind of confusing the first time).  It takes about 15 minutes to walk there or a shuttle runs pretty consistently.  It's just kind of a pain if you have a lot of luggage or someone with mobility issues.

I’m sailing on the Panorama in January and arriving on Friday, planning to take Uber to Long Beach hotel.  I can’t walk 15 minutes with my luggage.  Does anyone have information about where to get the shuttle that will take me to the ride share lot?

I'm sure St. Greg's video is great.  I'll add that you get yourself out to the sidewalk, ask any staff member and they'll point you to the right place on the sidewalk to stand for the ride share shuttle.  Keep asking you'll get there.  There's one place to stand for hotel shuttles, a different place to stand for parking lot shuttles, and so on and so forth.  Everythings got signage. I don't walk very far with my luggage either, it was totally doable. (LAX is my "home" airport, when I fly in, I'm headed home. 😕)

4 minutes ago, deelightfull said:

I'm sure St. Greg's video is great.  I'll add that you get yourself out to the sidewalk, ask any staff member and they'll point you to the right place on the sidewalk to stand for the ride share shuttle.  Keep asking you'll get there.  There's one place to stand for hotel shuttles, a different place to stand for parking lot shuttles, and so on and so forth.  Everythings got signage. I don't walk very far with my luggage either, it was totally doable. (LAX is my "home" airport, when I fly in, I'm headed home. 😕)

1 hour ago, grimpil said:

https://www.saintgregtravel.com/ has a great video for shuttle to lax-it

Thank you both.  It looks easy enough to do.  Just have to decide between Uber and Lyft before I get on the shuttle bus, from the sounds of it.

On 12/15/2022 at 6:31 AM, grimpil said:

We are doing a back to back in Feb on the panorama and wondering if there is a walkable place to pick up wine nearby on our turn around day. Did anyone have experience with corking fees in MDR? We are flying in the day before and staying at the Hotel Royal in Long Beach, very reasonable price  so a little nervous about that one but we will see

For your wine/liquor use Drizly or a similar service (alcohol delivery from local stores). Doordash also has options for convenience stores (7-11 or similar) that includes anything in store. I've noticed a lot of regular in store prices through Drizly, while Doordash tacks on their fees BUT offers more coupons.

Edited by MsOne
  • Thanks 1

On 12/15/2022 at 4:31 AM, grimpil said:

When you’re in Puerto Vallarta, you might be able to buy wine at the Walmart that is a short walk from the ship.  No need to hunt down a liquor store on turn around day.

• Thanks 1

On 12/21/2022 at 12:01 AM, MsOne said:

For your wine/liquor use Drizly or a similar service (alcohol delivery from local stores). Doordash also has options for convenience stores (7-11 or similar) that includes anything in store. I've noticed a lot of regular in store prices through Drizly, while Doordash tacks on their fees BUT offers more coupons.

Drizly always has a $5 off coupon and is cheaper than the food delivery services, most of which will do booze deliveries as well (mostly from grocery stores). Drizly is the way to go and order from a big box like Bevmo or Total Wine (you can select in upper right hand corner) would be the most affordable option.  

• Thanks 1

On 12/20/2022 at 2:54 PM, nwcruiselover said:

Thank you both.  It looks easy enough to do.  Just have to decide between Uber and Lyft before I get on the shuttle bus, from the sounds of it.

Check your surroundings when you exit the terminal. We arrived there last Jan on Delta and walked out the door. The shuttle would pick up right there but going to the right, away from the lot to pick up. We turned left, walked to the end of the building, across the street and were in the lot. 2-3 minute walk.

22 minutes ago, 2wheelin said:

Check your surroundings when you exit the terminal. We arrived there last Jan on Delta and walked out the door. The shuttle would pick up right there but going to the right, away from the lot to pick up. We turned left, walked to the end of the building, across the street and were in the lot. 2-3 minute walk.

Thank you for that suggestion.  I’ll definitely check it out!