Purchased Princess Plus, under the old price, will the new pricing scheme be honored?

kilili

2 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

Is there a reliable Vines wine list available anywhere?  Also, reports are that they pour many more wines than just the ones on the list.  That was certainly our experience in October.  There were no Pinots on the list (other than the generic Pinot in the $12 Plus range.)  I asked if they had any Pinots available and indeed they had a nice Calera, a Belle Glos and one other that I'm not recalling. The one we picked was $20 at the time.

Reading through this thread and it sounds like they just need to put together a nice per glass, wine package.

So many of you enjoy it.

Some people are just happy with a fun cocktail or a beer. I don’t care for any of it, but the cruise lines do need to generate revenue somehow. 

3 hours ago, roadster08 said:

I consider Plus to now be the poor man's Premier. Honestly, most Plus wines are consumed onshore straight out of the bottle hidden in a paper bag. 

The trick is to pay the per drink upcharge for Premier,  if you are a light drinker. For light drinkers, that is a better value than paying for the Premier package. 

For light wine drinkers possibly.  But light alcohol drinkers have enough quality brands in the Plus package. Just sit at Good Spirits at Sea and enjoy.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kilili said:

@JimmyVWine this is what it looks like on mine: Personalizer vs what I can see on the app. So its all incredibly confusing.... especially if the crewmembers go by what's in the app. 

MedallionAppPP.png

9 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

I don't think it is confusing so much as the app is out of date.  

I agree with Jimmy. In so many ways, the App is a ...... well, let's just say the IT team not only creates bugs and screws things up, but the App has been known on many occasions to have out-of-date or incorrect info (this was often the case during the higher-Covid protocols period).

• Like 1

19 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

I don't think it is confusing so much as the app is out of date.  

I agree.  I see the same in my app.  I also see that the app still shows me as being in Club Class rather than the new name of Reserve Collection.   It's out of date.

51 minutes ago, Yowman said:

I agree.  I see the same in my app.  I also see that the app still shows me as being in Club Class rather than the new name of Reserve Collection.   It's out of date.

It's a little unsettling to me that no post February 20th Plus cruisers have confirmed that they have been allowed the new $15 cap on alcoholic drinks.

In addition, I have not seen seen anything in writing from Princess that clearly states original $50 Plus cruisers have had their drink limits grandfathered to the new $15. It's just an assumption we have made because the $15 drink limit did not have "New" written  in front of it like the other features that were added.  On the Princess app it's still says $12 drink limit. Wonder if anyone who has paid the new $65 price also has the old $12 limit showing in their app, or the new $15 limit they paid for. 

Personally, I think it would have been good business  to grandfather everyone with Plus to the new package, but they didn't. Princess just doesn't seem to put a high priority on maintaining relationships right now. Just look at how they stripped down the elite perks. 

Edited by roadster08

18 minutes ago, roadster08 said:

It's a little unsettling to me that no post February 20th Plus cruisers have confirmed that they have been allowed the new $15 cap on alcoholic drinks.

???  You're kidding, right?

What did you find unclear about posts #s 15, 18, 36 and 38-41 in the thread: "Live From Regal Princess - March 12-19 (Princess Cays/Puerto Rico/DominicanRepublic/Turks and Caicos)"

It seems as if you are trying to stir an empty pot and prolong a non-issue.

Edited by JimmyVWine
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, roadster08 said:

On the other hand, I find that reassuring because believe me this board would have blown up if cruisers hadn't been allowed the new $15 cap.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, roadster08 said:

In addition, I have not seen seen anything in writing from Princess that clearly states original $50 Plus cruisers have had their drink limits grandfathered to the new $15. It's just an assumption we have made because the $15 drink limit did not have "New" written  in front of it like the other features that were added.

Utter nonsense.  Your statement is self-contradictory.  You say that there is nothing in writing from Princess...except for the written statement from Princess from which people are making assumptions.  No.  People aren't making assumptions.  They are applying the conventions called "reading comprehension" and "deductive reasoning" as it relates to the disclaimer about not getting "New" items.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, capriccio said:

On the other hand, I find that reassuring because believe me this board would have blown up if cruisers hadn't been allowed the new $15 cap.

Exactly.  And there have been posts by people who had their Plus Plans misapplied and then reported that the errors were corrected at the Guest Services Desk.  If there are any reports here of people who sailed on cruises that departed after 2/20 who were limited to a $12 limit and did NOT have that error corrected, I haven't seen them, or they could be counted on one finger.  If this was a common occurrence, it would be the subject of a 20 page thread.  Yet paranoia persists.  Some people just can't take "yes" for an answer.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

If this was a common occurrence, it would be the subject of a 20 page thread. 

At least. Within hours it would exceed the 'removal of the barrel chair' thread that went on for days.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

It really would have been a lot easier if Princess would have just grandfathered everyone in and not said no special junk for you.  Seriously, I feel like that was kinda cheap.

So true, and I am actually very, very surprised that they didn't do that.  A very simple solution at no real cost to them.  Now, of course, if they recoup millions in $10 upgrade revenue, you and I would both be wrong.  But I don't get the sense that there was a storming of the castle to pay $10 more pp/pd for the candy-coated ice cream sundaes.  I could be wrong.  People can weigh in here and let us know if they stuck with 50 or paid for 60.  If no one upgraded, then Princess made a very bad public relations blunder.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

So true, and I am actually very, very surprised that they didn't do that.  A very simple solution at no real cost to them.  Now, of course, if they recoup millions in $10 upgrade revenue, you and I would both be wrong.  But I don't get the sense that there was a storming of the castle to pay $10 more pp/pd for the candy-coated ice cream sundaes.  I could be wrong.  People can weigh in here and let us know if they stuck with 50 or paid for 60.  If no one upgraded, then Princess made a very bad public relations blunder.

I haven’t even heard anyone discussing the exercise classes or the juice bar so it doesn’t seem like those have been a total hit either. The only thing I hear about are how people do not want the special dessert.  I have a dairy allergy but if they offered coconut milk or almond milk ice cream, I would purchase that a few times during my cruise.  And if they had dairy free chocolate fudge topping, then I just may up my package to $60, ha ha

• Haha 1

• 5 months later...

I am reading this thread because I have the same situation now. Mine is 7-day Kyusu and Korea 7 day cruise on Diamond Princess.  I bought Plus-50 in July 2022 and Princess changes to Plus-60.  However, the Ocean Ready delivery ($14.99 pr voyage) and room service ($5 per room service) will be charged if you don't have Plus or Premium. The change was on Aug 14, 2023 after I made the final payment. 

I have made so many calls to the useless Princess customer service and they have NO clues either.  I have an issue that the OceanReady should be grandfather to the old Princess-50.  The OceanReady delivery and room service were always Free for anyone on board when Princess introduced the Medallion App during the pandemics.  You order the drinks and food and they will deliver to you wherever you are.  The medallion track your location.  I made 5 calls using 5 different phone numbers and spent numerous hours.  I have 5 different answers.🥵

I really don't care about the premium dessert, fitness classes, juice bar (I did not know Princess has juice bar?), or casual dining meals.  I want to have the delivery fee is FREE under my old PLUS-50 plan.  Has anyone cruised on Princess after this "NEW" changes are introduced after August 14, 2023?

Thanks.

image.thumb.png.cf79ea5bed21079a1095f04cc5677b39.png

44 minutes ago, princesscruise2020 said:

I am reading this thread because I have the same situation now. Mine is 7-day Kyusu and Korea 7 day cruise on Diamond Princess.  I bought Plus-50 in July 2022 and Princess changes to Plus-60.  However, the Ocean Ready delivery ($14.99 pr voyage) and room service ($5 per room service) will be charged if you don't have Plus or Premium. The change was on Aug 14, 2023 after I made the final payment. 

I have made so many calls to the useless Princess customer service and they have NO clues either.  I have an issue that the OceanReady should be grandfather to the old Princess-50.  The OceanReady delivery and room service were always Free for anyone on board when Princess introduced the Medallion App during the pandemics.  You order the drinks and food and they will deliver to you wherever you are.  The medallion track your location.  I made 5 calls using 5 different phone numbers and spent numerous hours.  I have 5 different answers.🥵

I really don't care about the premium dessert, fitness classes, juice bar (I did not know Princess has juice bar?), or casual dining meals.  I want to have the delivery fee is FREE under my old PLUS-50 plan.  Has anyone cruised on Princess after this "NEW" changes are introduced after August 14, 2023?

Thanks.

image.thumb.png.cf79ea5bed21079a1095f04cc5677b39.png

Anything that says NEW on that list is only covered if you have the current plan. If you don’t they will not be covered unless you upgrade. This has been clear for weeks 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, princesscruise2020 said:

Echoing Post #176, you don't get the new stuff for free unless upgrade @ $10/pp/day.  You might find it cheaper to pay the 1-time $15 fee for Ocean Now delivery as you will get bar drinks up to $15 included and you don't seem to care about the other stuff.  

• Like 2

Hopefully you are right. I purchased the package during the LOVE BOAT promotion . It includes free Wi Fi, Plus Drink package and crew appreciation.  If you are right, my old plus package will include the premium dessert, fitness classes and unlimited juice bar under the current “Plus” package (8/14/2023) except for the NEW amenities (ocean ready delivery, room service and causal dining meals)? 
I check the Princess Medallion app for my 2 reservations. The strangest thing is both reservations show 2 completely different amenities which were booked at the same time. One shows Plus-60 and the other reservation shows only 3 amenities without dessert, fitness and juice bar under the current plus package without the NEW upgrade!!

it’s so confusing for me. 

THANKS.

C2D920DB-7A0F-45FA-99EC-6A0708DE8D75.jpeg

711968CB-5D14-49DA-9981-F49194070B89.jpeg

I am currently on the Diamond Princess sailing around Japan.We have been told to get the new “perks” we will have to pay $14 us per day per person. This is a rip off what they have created is a two tier Princess plus when we booked in advance and they have had our money. According to their site it is an increase at no extra cost so why are they trying to charge each Princess plus before March extra.

5 hours ago, aussiebrit12 said:

I am currently on the Diamond Princess sailing around Japan.We have been told to get the new “perks” we will have to pay $14 us per day per person. This is a rip off what they have created is a two tier Princess plus when we booked in advance and they have had our money. According to their site it is an increase at no extra cost so why are they trying to charge each Princess plus before March extra.

Because they can get away with it when lots of people are willing to pay. It's only $14.

per day...

for each person...

😄😉

4 minutes ago, princesscruise2020 said:

Is it not $10 per day per person? That’s what I was quoted by Princess rep on the phone!!  What can you get for the NEW? Dessert, fitness classes, Ocean Ready and Room delivery? Is the breakfast room service still FREE? Can I just buy $14.99 for Ocean Ready delivery one time charge?

Yes, $10 is diff from $50 to $60.  Who knows where $14 is coming from unless the number was a response about Ocean Now.  Yes, you can pay $15 once and covered for Ocean Now delivery.  No need to upgrade.

4 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Yes, $10 is diff from $50 to $60.  Who knows where $14 is coming from unless the number was a response about Ocean Now.  Yes, you can pay $15 once and covered for Ocean Now delivery.  No need to upgrade.

I believe the $14 is AUD.  The poster is Australian and on the Diamond Princess. 

We only paid $40.00 per person, per day, for our cruise in February. I'm guessing we will be getting nothing extra and liking it, lol.  At least the promo that I booked us under included a free specialty dinner, but that says $29.00 each.  Should be interesting. 😏

Edited by partybarbie

5 minutes ago, partybarbie said:

I believe the $14 is AUD.  The poster is Australian and on the Diamond Princess. 

We only paid $40.00 per person, per day, for our cruise in February. I'm guessing we will be getting nothing extra and liking it, lol.  At least the promo that I booked us under included a free specialty dinner, but that says $29.00 each.  Should be interesting. 😏

Hey, long time no see.  And of course.  I sometimes miss the country even though I do look at the avatars.  I think you will get your SD since that was a separate booking promotion. 

Second thought:  They likely post $29 OBC to account and then you are charged $39, so $10 difference.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Thanks 1