Sun Princess - Original

nasa1974

8 minutes ago, SleeStack1 said:

We're on this week's cruise, presuming the Sun makes it on time.

We noticed we no longer have our Santorini excursion showing.  Anyone else lose their excursion on 3/2?

Not sure, but I am on the Mar 19 cruise and my Genoa excursion disappeared.  It is on Easter Sunday so I am assuming that’s why, but no communication has been issued to me via email, and I haven’t see a credit when I log into cruise personalizer, and no refund to my credit card…feel like it’s going to be hard to prove that I ever paid for it because it has just completely vanished and I hadn’t printed my travel summary yet.  Spoke to someone on the Princess chat and they couldn’t find any record of me having formerly booked the Genoa excursion.  How is this stuff normally handled?  All I got from Princess back when I purchased the excursion months ago was a generic email showing that my credit card had been charged for the full amount for 8 excursions- no breakdown, no detail as to which excursions it was.  Just wondering if anyone else has run into issues with this?  Wondering how I’ll get a refund if they don’t even have a record of me ever having been booked (and paid) for that excursion?  (Sorry if this isn’t the right board for this…still new here

• Like 1

Once onboard, can people on the sailings up to May report if the Sun Princess is really sold out or if Princess has blocked cabins?

My CVP encouraged me to take advantage of special Drop and Go savings last November.  At one point lowest interior on the 02/08, 02/18, and 02/28 sailings were $676.  Though about it but passed.  Glad I did.  There were still plenty of cabins available for these sailings around the first week of December and all of a sudden the availability disappeared and the cruises showed as Sold Out.

23 minutes ago, SleeStack1 said:

We're on this week's cruise, presuming the Sun makes it on time.

We noticed we no longer have our Santorini excursion showing.  Anyone else lose their excursion on 3/2?

The cable car engineering work has been extended to 15th March in Santorini so Princess will either be adjusting excursions or changing the port like they did for the earlier cruises.

Edited by dides
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Osa J said:

Not sure, but I am on the Mar 19 cruise and my Genoa excursion disappeared.  It is on Easter Sunday so I am assuming that’s why, but no communication has been issued to me via email, and I haven’t see a credit when I log into cruise personalizer, and no refund to my credit card…feel like it’s going to be hard to prove that I ever paid for it because it has just completely vanished and I hadn’t printed my travel summary yet.  Spoke to someone on the Princess chat and they couldn’t find any record of me having formerly booked the Genoa excursion.  How is this stuff normally handled?  All I got from Princess back when I purchased the excursion months ago was a generic email showing that my credit card had been charged for the full amount for 8 excursions- no breakdown, no detail as to which excursions it was.  Just wondering if anyone else has run into issues with this?  Wondering how I’ll get a refund if they don’t even have a record of me ever having been booked (and paid) for that excursion?  (Sorry if this isn’t the right board for this…still new here

I'd go to your Travel Summary right now and print out the section with the Shore Excursions that are still showing with the prices you paid.  Hopefully that will give you some leverage to say, "here are the six shore excursions for a total of $1280.70 and my credit card bill shows you charged me $1450.60, so the two dropped shore excursions for Genoa accounted for the difference."  (Numbers randomly generated by me - use the prices you actually paid. 😉)  You can also look on the shore excursions listed for Genoa and see if it is still listed or if it has been removed entirely.  HTH!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, kamelia said:

I'd go to your Travel Summary right now and print out the section with the Shore Excursions that are still showing with the prices you paid.  Hopefully that will give you some leverage to say, "here are the six shore excursions for a total of $1280.70 and my credit card bill shows you charged me $1450.60, so the two dropped shore excursions for Genoa accounted for the difference."  (Numbers randomly generated by me - use the prices you actually paid. 😉)  You can also look on the shore excursions listed for Genoa and see if it is still listed or if it has been removed entirely.  HTH!

Thank you, yes I printed it out immediately in case something else disappears!  Problem is that today I cancelled one Gibraltar one to book another Gibraltar one so I’m sure later they’ll say oh “your refund is showing here” but its going to be for that change and the Genoa refund one is going to get lost in the mix.  That’s my fear.  How do they have no record for what we have paid for?  Maybe it was because it was just a Princess chat person and they are not authorized to discuss accounting/payment matters so I might have to call in later.  Problem is the phone waits are SO long and the people are hard to understand.
The excursion has completely disappeared as being offered under Genoa, so I’m sure it’s just that it’s not running, but it’s weird that everything completely vanished and I’m having this issue.

thankfully at the time that I received that one big payment confirmation email, I listed out all the excursion names, numbers, and prices I paid showing the breakdown for what everything was for.  I wonder how “official” my handwritten receipt will be and if it will have much sway…😂

37 minutes ago, Osa J said:

Ours is the exact same way with only an old vague email receipt..  We presume we will have an OBC in the amount the excursion cost.  Will find out soon enough.

It looks like Princess has replaced Santorini with Crete for this cruise.

• Like 2

@Osa J I think you're right about the Chat person having only limited access to your actual reservation.  Just keep the notes you have and a print-out of your credit card charges and that should help with identifying missing Genoa, cancelled Gibraltar, and rebooked Gibraltar.  I think you are going to have to do this with a phone call, or maybe more than one if you can't get it resolved the first time.  

• Like 1

I just saw on the app and on the website that the itinerary for our upcoming cruise on March 29 changed drasticaly. They inverted the ports, from clockwise to anti-clockwise. Instead of going from Rome to La Spezia, Genoa... and ending with Gibraltar followed by two days at sea, we are now starting with two days at sea and going to Gibraltar first, ending with La Spezia and Rome. How annoying! Our cabin is now on the 'wrong' side of the ship, facing the sea instead of the coastline. We can also start cancelling a rental car and excursions we booked on land as well. It is strange we did not even received an e-mail from Princess or from our travel agent.

I have no idea why they changed this.

Well, at least we are sailing...

Edited by Meldrum

7 minutes ago, Meldrum said:

I just saw on the app and on the website that the itinerary for our upcoming cruise on March 29 changed drasticaly. They inverted the ports, from clockwise to anti-clockwise. Instead of going from Rome to La Spezia, Genoa... and ending with Gibraltar followed by two days at sea, we are now starting with two days at sea and going to Gibraltar first, ending with La Spezia and Rome. How annoying! Our cabin is now on the 'wrong' side of the ship, facing the sea instead of the coastline. We can also start cancelling a rental car and excursions we booked on land as well. It is strange we did not even received an e-mail from Princess or from our travel agent.

Oh wow!  Just checked mine (Mar 19 cruise) and the itinerary has completely changed as well.  And it was normal maybe two hours ago!

On 1/16/2024 at 9:31 AM, Leo37 said:

Thanks. Just checked and doesn't say anything about signature upgrades, although see @dog's post and maybe I shouldn't expect too. Doesn't matter much: we paid a price we liked for a location we wanted, and if there's extra perks that's a plus when we get on board!

With booking of the Signature restaurant opening up on the App, we've been able to book dinner in the restaurant for our cruise. Which does make me think we might actully have Signature benefits, and there's a handful of Premium Deluxe Balcony cabins that come with them.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Osa J said:

Oh wow!  Just checked mine (Mar 19 cruise) and the itinerary has completely changed as well.  And it was normal maybe two hours ago!

We are on the Mar 19th (ten night) sailing and our itinerary looks the same for now on our app. Did anything change on yours for first 10 nights?  

39 minutes ago, Meldrum said:

I was looking forward to the sea days at the end to relax before flying home

51 minutes ago, Meldrum said:

we are on 17April sailing and received notification on 25Jan that our ports were reversed as well ‘due to congestion in Gibraltar’; so we begin with 2 sea days as well instead of end with 2 sea days. Yes, instead of counter clockwise, now clockwise!

34 minutes ago, andreakul said:

We are on the Mar 19th (ten night) sailing and our itinerary looks the same for now on our app. Did anything change on yours for first 10 nights?  

Oh thank God, you are right!  The itinerary for the first 10 days of the March 19th cruise are unchanged…it’s the s next 10 days that are different.  In the haste and stress of it all I didn’t look closely enough and panicked haha!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bubbaed said:

In theory, when the ship is running on LNG, there would be no soot...

Where they can get it. It’ll likely be burning bunker fuel on long runs or if they can’t get LNG in any port on the itinerary

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisedoctor said:

Would anyone like to venture an educated guess why the Sun Princess is stopping at Zelenika, Montenegro on the 24th?

My other half joled it was so they could get pretty publicity pictures as the coastline there is very similar to Kotor which they have used a lot in the past. Not a clue really!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Leo37 said:

With booking of the Signature restaurant opening up on the App, we've been able to book dinner in the restaurant for our cruise. Which does make me think we might actully have Signature benefits, and there's a handful of Premium Deluxe Balcony cabins that come with them.

I am on Regal now and asked Future Cruise guy about the D0- aft premium deluxe balconies that say includes signature benefits & upgrades. These are the more expensive in that category- aft. He said yes to eating in Signature restaurant & to sun deck. No to signature lounge. He wasn’t very informed about much. Wait & see.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, dog said:

I am on Regal now and asked Future Cruise guy about the D0- aft premium deluxe balconies that say includes signature benefits & upgrades. These are the more expensive in that category- aft. He said yes to eating in Signature restaurant & to sun deck. No to signature lounge. He wasn’t very informed about much. Wait & see.

Thanks for that intel. If they are more expensive, it was only by a few dollars. We were torn between two locations and the price difference was virtually nothing. Let's see what happens when the ship gets sailing. Thanks again 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dides said:

Hey @nasa1974 your thread has hit 100 pages just as Sun Princess is leaving the shipyard 😃Screenshot_20240223-1242002.thumb.png.cc13f39855869ebe0f7f213817f130be.png

Hard to believe this thread started back on December 15, 2022. Just wish page 100 would have been more pictures and talk about the ship from the two cancelled cruises. Congratulations and best of luck to the new inaugural group starting on the 28th.

Marty

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2