Sun Princess - Original

nasa1974

33 minutes ago, HiramDylan said:

11111.jpg

Is that supposed to be a giant-sized poster of Whitney, or the performer?  Because it looks like neither.  And if that video shows us the purpose and intent of that three-story screen, Princess is going to regret installing it.  Leave that stuff to MUTS.  In the Piazza, it is an obstructive eyesore. 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

@HiramDylan,

Any chance you can get us full Sanctuary pricing before you disembark?

Full Day / Half Day / Full Voyage cost.  "Regular Section".

Same for Signature section.

Cabana cost for Full / Half days.  Whole voyage?

Also, are there any padded loungers outside of the signature area - OTHER THAN the double-wide beds around the pool?

Thanks.

@rexdillinger, you took a video of Sun Sanctuary, but no mention of pricing.  Any chance you can re-visit that to gather the above info?

Hopefully someone on board can supply the info.  

Edited by Steelers36
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, dides said:

Here you go - credit Tammy W

FB_IMG_1709295829050.thumb.jpg.c7187703a0592a97bdc54d73fca3bc3f.jpg

FB_IMG_1709295822267.thumb.jpg.a02e6019047fa79e32ef17484c39c424.jpg

FB_IMG_1709295833561.thumb.jpg.d66ecdaa884be74f479155015a68714a.jpg

FB_IMG_1709295840369.thumb.jpg.4d31759f0c36cd938fdd45c045de89a9.jpg

FB_IMG_1709295860710.jpg

Screenshot_20240301-0725582.thumb.png.fda53f7ddcf0a840cdaedb4fec1319a6.png

Thanks. I have a mini-suite on the Star next November deck 12 aft/starboard.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Globaler said:

Sailing 6/8 and glad I am. Best to give a new ship time to work out the kinks!

I see what you mean. I’m so glad that the Ascent was completed on time. While I wasn’t on the first sailing, I did purchase my trip right when it was leaving France. Glad those first sailings knocked off the punch list before Christmas.   

29 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

Is that supposed to be a giant-sized poster of Whitney, or the performer?  Because it looks like neither.  And if that video shows us the purpose and intent of that three-story screen, Princess is going to regret installing it.  Leave that stuff to MUTS.  In the Piazza, it is an obstructive eyesore. 

Like the Piazza wasn't noisy enough on the older ships. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

15 hours ago, Jemnibabe02 said:

Seeing no stairs in the piazza any longer, I guess that means the elevator to get from one floor to the other for the piazza???

I was looking at a video of the Star Princess and in the rendering of the Piazza it shows a single set of stairs on deck 7. It is at the 36 second mark in the video.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

Here are a couple photos....

Sometimes photos do not lie.....

WOW

Sanctuary on REGAL Princess

RegSun-23368-1487713301.jpg

Sanctuary on SUN Princess.

image.thumb.png.5efedc8fbc43e11499a2778218bade63.png

That may cut down on people paying the daily rate.  Love the cushy loungers on the Regal.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fortunate 2 travel said:

That may cut down on people paying the daily rate.

Honestly, I cannot imagine what would ever possess anyone to pay extra money to gain access to "Princess Cay at Sea".

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

Honestly, I cannot imagine what would ever possess anyone to pay extra money to gain access to "Princess Cay at Sea".

We normally love the Sanctuary.  Comfortable loungers, great service.  Only been to the private island once, years ago.  Wouldn’t get off the ship for that again.  I don’t understand the comparison.  But, to each their own.  Nice to have choices.

2 hours ago, dides said:
2 hours ago, Mikeyto said:

I agree 100%!  Yes, the pics and vids are nice but as a photographer I understand angles, light and depth mean EVERYTHING when it comes to perception/interpretation of such media.  As a result I've learned to take 98% of all pics and videos with a grain of salt, holding off all judgement until I can see it with my own eyes.

FB_IMG_1709303285096.thumb.jpg.e9b95015ae81d6c911bb23413d3204f7.jpg

FB_IMG_1709303278989.jpg

Hard to perceive this as anything but wet (but I understand your point. I just don’t think it’s valid in every situation). 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

What to Do in Princess Cays Bahamas: Cruise Ship Beach Day with Princess  Cruises | Justin Plus Lauren

As compared to...

Royal Princess Sanctuary

See now?

I do.  I misunderstood your post.  Yes, the Sanctuary on the Sun does look like the private Island, and not like on other Princess ships.  Really don’t understand what Princess was/is thinking with the  Sanctuary on the Sun.  Very disappointing.   Someone posted that the price is $99 per person per day.  

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

What to Do in Princess Cays Bahamas: Cruise Ship Beach Day with Princess  Cruises | Justin Plus Lauren

As compared to...

Royal Princess Sanctuary

See now?

So the loungers in the sanctuary no longer are badded loungers ?? Wow...or did they just not add the pads yet?  It does seem like they added more people 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Denmal said:

Wow...or did they just not add the pads yet?

That's what I was wondering. I saw a TA tour video of the Sanctuary on the Discovery that was taken during the preview cruise and there were no pads on the chairs at the time but they were added later. But with this cruise on the Sun being for paying guests you would think they would have added them.

But then again, it also seems many other finishing touches are not complete throughout the ship so maybe the pads are just still not delivered or something. 

My other thought is that when it rains, the Sanctuary stewards have to run around and remove/cover all the pads on the loungers because the pads would take much longer to dry than the standard webbing on the sunbeds. Maybe Princess decided too much time was taken up by that process. It looks like there are pads on the loungers in the Signature section and the ones under the dome as well so I'm worried that this is the more likely explanation. Which would be a huge disappointment. Those unpadded loungers are definitely not as comfortable and I'm not about to pay a premium to use them.

• Like 3