Sky Suite on the Summit

NJ Gal

I am short.  How high is the tub/shower in the sky suite on the Summit?  Does the tub/shower have a jacuzzi? Would I have to climb over the controls?  Are there any grab bars?  We have been in a CS and the tub/shower was an accident waiting to happen without any grab bars. 

Why didn't Celebrity address this problem when they did all of the upgrades when they revolutionized the ship in 2019?  At least grab bars could have been added for safety?????

CELEBRITY PLEASE LISTEN AND ADD THOSE GRAB BARS FOR SAFETY!

Edited by NJ Gal
  • Like 1

Book the sky suite next to the penthouse- not sure if 6145 and 6146   They have a huge bathroom and a separate shower.  IMO best sky suites on the ship!!  Haven't been on it since the ships renovation- so hopefully they weren't changed.

Edited by Cruise a holic

Does this mean that there isn't a jacuzzi on the tub in a SS?  No jacuzzi means no controls on the side of the tub🙂. This makes it a little easier to get into for a shower.  Those annoying controls in the CS are awful  ☹️and as everyone says "an accident waiting to happen, especially for short people. 

I recently was on a B2B on Summit in both a CS and a Sky Suite.   I measured both tubs and the one in the CS is about 2-3 inches higher than the SS.  The reason for this is the Sky Suite has a step up from the rooms floor level while the Celebrity Suite floor is the same height is the same as the room. 

In my opinion the SS is easier to get into and out of due to placement.   The CS you take your life into your hands getting in and out.

We are in a sky suite on Edge in February.  Purchased from Amazon, a suction cup grab bar that we will pack.  $15 I believe and well worth the peace of mind.   We were in a sky suite on Silhouette last spring and damn near killed myself getting in and out of that tub!

Thanks Jim. Our last 2 cruises on the Summit were in a CS.  Next May, we have a SS on the Summit. I certainly hope that works much better.  On the wait list for a RS--just wondering if that will ever materialize??

28 minutes ago, NJ Gal said:

Thanks Jim. Our last 2 cruises on the Summit were in a CS.  Next May, we have a SS on the Summit. I certainly hope that works much better.  On the wait list for a RS--just wondering if that will ever materialize??

Many things can happen between now and May.  I had a SS booked on the Summit last fall and was thinking of canceling as I knew I would not be able to negotiate the tub to take a shower.  Lo and behold, a RS opened up and I quickly grabbed it, thanks to the alertness of one of my roll call pals.  Fingers crossed for you!

Celebrity does say on their website they have some adaptability aides that you can request in advance.  I wonder if they would have some sort of shower safety step that could be used with this tub in the CS?  Seems to be a common problem.  On the website, it says you need to call in advance.  I did see one of the items was a shower seat - so maybe they have a step or something?  We are on the summit in February in a CS.  Fortunately, we should not have issues with the tub / shower.  I'm glad to read about it in advance though in case we did. Otherwise - I would have to rethink it.

I absolutely hate the tubs on the older ships in particular!  My husband, at 6'3" can't even stand up straight in any of them.  And I struggle with the height getting in and out and even at my age (senior) I am reasonably agile and fit.  Apex was at least easier to negotiate, although I just don't understand why they feel people think bathtubs are a plus.  My other issue is the slip and slide factor.  Just had a SS on Eclipse.  The tub is narrow with sloping sides and while it has a grab bar it is not easy to reach.  I asked for a rubber bathtub mat (which I had been able to get from them several years ago on Equinox in an S1) and I was told they don't have them because they are a safety hazard.  Excuse me!!  What is more unsafe than having a slippery tub with little standing room in rocking seas???

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I know someone on board who requested  a stepping stool from their room attendant and it was quickly delivered.    This was for a CS and they were happy with the step provided.

Our butler brought us a stepping stool for our CS,  but it took up much too much space so we had him remove it.  I agree with Phoenix dream, " does Celebrity feel people think bathtubs are a plus"? Maybe if there are young children in the cabin, but most suites (SS and up) do not have children especially on Celebrity.  One would think this problem would have been corrected on the new builds of the E-class. 

Edited by NJ Gal