A couple of QM2 Questions....

VIRGINCRUISER1066

Good Evening .... Its been 5 years since I last travelled on QM2 and have a couple of questions.  I have booked one of the Single Ocean View Cabins on Deck 3 for my future trip, will it have a single bed or still a kingsize? is it easy to initially find? and finally previously I was able to buy a Card for coffee's at Sir Samuels is this still available? Looking forward to hearing back from you. Jennie

The Deck 3 (L) cabins are off a corridor port side between the 'C' and 'D' stairways - the 'pre-remastering' space for the photo gallery.

I've never looked at the bed size - but it is a single cabin [someone with experience will likely join this thread and comment]

No coffee card is currently available - I would prefer the card to any of the available drink packages. All of them seem to be a poor value for our needs.

On 12/19/2022 at 5:49 PM, VIRGINCRUISER1066 said:

Good Evening .... Its been 5 years since I last travelled on QM2 and have a couple of questions.  I have booked one of the Single Ocean View Cabins on Deck 3 for my future trip, will it have a single bed or still a kingsize? is it easy to initially find? and finally previously I was able to buy a Card for coffee's at Sir Samuels is this still available? Looking forward to hearing back from you. Jennie

They are in the area that is the mirror image of the Art Gallery; they are supposedly also off a walkway corridor (for access to and from Queens Room), but the corridor has doors both ends so virtually no one uses it as a passageway. Everyone uses the Art Gallery as a corridor (or avoids deck 3, or uses an empty Britannia restaurant) to access the Queens Room

On 12/19/2022 at 5:49 PM, VIRGINCRUISER1066 said:

Here are pics of my last deck 3  stateroom. Bed is about ¾ . They are very comfortable rooms.  Once you know were they are, yes easy to find. As a previous poster has posted a Coffee/Tea/Chocolate package was available for a daily rate but must be booked for the duration of the crossing.

IMG_2517.jpeg

IMG_2518.jpeg

IMG_2519.jpeg

IMG_2516.jpeg

IMG_2515.jpeg

IMG_2514.jpeg

Edited by LifeonMars
  • Like 6

A very big thank you to every one who helped with my questions, I really appreciate it. The cabin looks lovely and the location seems OK to find easily. It is such a shame that the coffee card is not available. As I will be on board for 27 nights I will look at the drinks packages later and decide if its  suitable for me. Once again THANK YOU to everyone. Kindest Regards Jennie x

18 minutes ago, Covepointcruiser said:

Would they let a couple book these cabins.   The bed looks large enough.

Starting a booking for two passengers on the Cunard website lists the Britannia Single Oceanview category with the message "! Unfortunately this stateroom isn't available for 2 guest(s)." If you pursued the matter with Cunard, I imagine you would not get very far because of likely restrictions on the lifeboat space allocated for those cabins.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/19/2022 at 7:23 PM, gumshoe958 said:

The beds are considerably wider than a single, but nowhere near king sized.

(In fact I see Cunard advertises them as 120cm, which would make them queen sized).

They’re fantastic cabins.

They're not Queen size, I'm sure.  Here's my photo

IMG_0383.JPG

On 12/23/2022 at 10:42 PM, VIRGINCRUISER1066 said:

A very big thank you to every one who helped with my questions, I really appreciate it. The cabin looks lovely and the location seems OK to find easily. It is such a shame that the coffee card is not available. As I will be on board for 27 nights I will look at the drinks packages later and decide if its  suitable for me. Once again THANK YOU to everyone. Kindest Regards Jennie x

Yes, the cabins are great and they're easy to find (once you're in the know) - the key is remembering which way to turn when you come round from the centre lifts.  The location is good, between staircases C (for Kings Court) and D (for stuff at the back of the ship), and very handy for the Britannia which is so close.  There's a kettle and tea/coffee stuff in the cabin.

The only - very minor - issues are that the attendant serves other cabins - probably at least the solos on deck two - so he or she isn't always around and not as easy to find as when you're on a longer deck.  And there's no laundry, so you need to travel up to one of the higher decks to do your washing.  And there's a very minor design fault in that the wardrobe door can catch in the handle of the bathroom door, so the bathroom doors tend to have long scratches in them.

Edited by IB2
  • Like 1

Thank you IB2 for this further information re location, it is so helpful. I had realised already regarding the laundry situation but that's no problem. My previous stays have always been in a Sheltered Balcony on deck 4 (travelled with friends) but this time it will just be me. I've always liked a large dinner table (late fixed) so hopefully I will have some good tablemates. Through reading other questions am I right in assuming that now they have Anytime Dining, all fixed time dining is downstairs in the Main Dining Room? Many Thanks Jennie.