Switch to Celebrity

pzsdd6

I am seriously considering  transitioning to MSC Yacht Club or Celebrity for any cruise where I have to get on a plane after this summer.   Unfortunately, right now it is pretty much Carnival or Royal if I am cruising from home (i.e. Galveston). My husband won't step foot on NCL after he got noro on an NCL cruise and Disney comes in only a few times a year...so I think you could charter a yacht for the price of the handful of Galveston sailings they have. In my experience, Disney prices are more than any other cruise major cruise line.

3 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

I took a picture on our Celebration cruise of many entitled peeps in the guest services priority line while there were only one or two peons in the regular line. Not a lot of Einstein's in the former line.

I saw this so much on the Pride this summer.  I was left scratching my head.

46 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

They earn the entitled label for being entitled to stand in that line. I find that line can often move slower because of entitled people asking a question (or complaint) with 42 parts.

OK, just for clarification, I took it to mean the following (LINK), which is probably how most people take it:

feeling that you have the right to do or have what you want without having to work for it or deserve it, just because of who you are

Tom

12 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

OK, just for clarification, I took it to mean the following (LINK), which is probably how most people take it:

feeling that you have the right to do or have what you want without having to work for it or deserve it, just because of who you are

Tom

Probably not untrue in the sense that loyalty programs are marketing programs and nobody really earns or owns anything. It is all subject to change including being terminated.

On 12/19/2022 at 11:41 PM, icft said:

😂🤣 I feel your pain.

We just got off a Carnival cruise and were amazed at how many extended groups were on board. These herds stretched across the entire hall or walkway sauntering along occasionally all stopping and just standing there while the contenders for boss loudly cursed each other out arguing about where to go. It was mainly just disgusting.

Same for me. Not going to pay to have to put up with it. 

2 hours ago, Eli_6 said:

I am seriously considering  transitioning to MSC Yacht Club or Celebrity for any cruise where I have to get on a plane after this summer.   Unfortunately, right now it is pretty much Carnival or Royal if I am cruising from home (i.e. Galveston). My husband won't step foot on NCL after he got noro on an NCL cruise and Disney comes in only a few times a year...so I think you could charter a yacht for the price of the handful of Galveston sailings they have. In my experience, Disney prices are more than any other cruise major cruise line.

I believe MSC and Princess are coming to Galveston.  We sail out of Galveston or New Orleans most of the time as they are driving distance.  

OP here,

back from the cruise from hell! Still no resolution on my ruined luggage, Carnival is absolutely the worst when it comes to customer service. People think that their service is bad prior to the cruise, it’s even worse after the cruise. The customer care dept is a joke. 
Never again will we sail on Carnival! If you do cruise with them, you will be sadly disappointed. With all the information shared from thousands here on cruise critic clearly showing that they are really nothing more than a sham company. They lie to everyone about what they will deliver. To me this more and more becomes a clear case of fraud which we all know but are powerless to do anything about because they hide off shore and make you sign away any and all rights to say or do anything about their crappy service. I have decided to refocus my disappointment and energy towards finding a way to hold them accountable here in the US. It has to start somewhere. 

On 12/20/2022 at 6:21 AM, pzsdd6 said:

Thank you. I was not saying goodbye to Carnival.........

As a matter of fact, we continue to try and sail with Carnival.

5 minutes ago, pzsdd6 said:

OP here,

back from the cruise from hell! Still no resolution on my ruined luggage, Carnival is absolutely the worst when it comes to customer service. People think that their service is bad prior to the cruise, it’s even worse after the cruise. The customer care dept is a joke. 
Never again will we sail on Carnival!

My, how things change in a couple of weeks.  lol

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, pzsdd6 said:

OP here,

Never again will we sail on Carnival! If you do cruise with them, you will be sadly disappointed. With all the information shared from thousands here on cruise critic clearly showing that they are really nothing more than a sham company. They lie to everyone about what they will deliver. To me this more and more becomes a clear case of fraud which we all know but are powerless to do anything about because they hide off shore and make you sign away any and all rights to say or do anything about their crappy service. I have decided to refocus my disappointment and energy towards finding a way to hold them accountable here in the US. It has to start somewhere. 

Bye!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, pzsdd6 said:

OP here,

When I had a really bad cruise this past summer (my first that was just awful with Carnival) where there was a situation that was just truly unacceptable by anyone's measures , I emailed their president. It took about a month, but eventually they did get back with me and off a resolution. I would give them about a month to fully look into the situation and get back with you.