Reservations for Aqua shows, etc.

audcc77

We haven’t cruised royal in years.

We are going on the wonder of the seas next November. 

We are having trouble figuring out how to make reservations for the aqua show, etc. 

How far in advance are we allowed to make these reservations?

are reservations required only for the aqua show? Any other show?

Thanks.

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

I made reservations for 4 shows on allure Halloween night for dec dates. So within the 45 days after you sign in. Not sure exact date they open but I heard on the first of the previous month. 

Thanks Fire.  So, if the cruise is Nov 2023, I check in 45 days prior, and then at that time, that’s when I can get reservations for shows?   

We were on Wonder for Thanksgiving.  There was a standby line every night for people who didn't have reservations.  They opened it up about 15 minutes and I never saw a night when everybody didn't find a seat.  Lots of people make a RSVP and then no show and don't cancel.  Same was true for the Comedy show, which showed sold out every night for the adult one.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, audcc77 said:

So, if the cruise is Nov 2023, I check in 45 days prior, and then at that time, that’s when I can get reservations for shows?   

Ability to book shows ahead of sailing varies by ship and available about a month out - not related to check in.

Edited by Biker19
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

Only recently have people been able to start booking shows again pre boarding. For most ships, we had to wait until we boarded. I’m boarding the Navigator on Dec 30, and still can’t book anything ahead of time.

True, we couldn't book anything on Navigator (July) or Wonder (November) before we could get on the ship WiFi.  

• Thanks 1

If you not able to make reservation for the aqua and want to do standby. Be prepared to get wet if you are not near the front of the standby line.  If you are in the back, you may find only available seats are at the first 3 rows which are the "splash zone". For some of the ships, they provide towels for those seats and was not that bad. Some kids actually like to sit upfront to get splash.

• Thanks 1

Heads up....Wonder does not have the web style small chairs in the theater like her four sisters.   They are all hard bench seats and on bad weather days (or stack soot) you may not like sitting on those exposed benches.  

Simple for us to bring a pool towel to sit on.  

We were only able to make reservations on the app (or GS or concierge) for the show once we boarded.  DH went one night without his phone, so was unable to prove he had reservations which was clearly shown on the app.  He was refused entry.   He walked up to the level with the wall climb area...stood and watched it from there.