Port of San Pedro CA Suite Lounge Solstice

LaCal

I just got off Solstice in San Pedro.   The whole boarding process was really quick.    We arrived a 1:00 and when we identified as Suite Passengers were pointed to a spot with 4 agents standing with iPads.   They looked at our boarding pass and passport, pressed a couple buttons and told us we were free to board.   Total process took less than 5 minutes.         Regular passengers were sent on a separate route.

I didn't see a lounge but they may have had a cordoned off area in the general area for those that arrived before the ship was cleared.   

On B2B we cleared immigration walked out one door and back in the adjacent door and were directed right back on the ship.   Again I never saw the general checkin area.

906B5274-778B-43DC-8626-6B3B1A55B883.thumb.jpeg.ff2d48421e137382a74793613ea4a0b3.jpeg

6622F278-ADCF-40F1-937D-742E1C022A5C.thumb.jpeg.37b83fb3f4c1f73007ac5dd9283128c1.jpeg

2044A557-26CD-4D59-9740-FEC0F96A9A2A.thumb.jpeg.d18dbd1459b6e915fc3fc4fda56fae5a.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Thanks 3

We boarded in San Pedro at 11:30 a few weeks ago, process much as Jim_Iain described.  The staff  pointed out the area with snacks and beverages for suite passengers but since we could board  saw no reason to stop in the terminal.

• Thanks 2

Good to hear.     We didn't even see the area for snacks and beverage as we were literally in the terminal less than 5 minutes.    Once through the door we were directed to the right after the metal detectors while it appeared the general boarding were directed to the left.   Didn't see any lines anywhere.

• Like 1

Yes, there's a lounge. My mom's mobility impaired and so it was nice to have a spot to rest for a bit. Also was handy during the clumsy B2B process when we were waiting to reboard. "Regular" B2Bers waited just outside the suite lounge and they came to get us when it was time for all B2Bers to go back on. One set of retreat guests on the second leg were waiting already for boarding and stayed in the lounge. Suites manager had her eye out for us when we made it through security. 

They had pastries, fruit, water, sodas, etc. A couple ship waiters were there to tidy up. 

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, sbcs5390 said:

Yes, there's a lounge. My mom's mobility impaired and so it was nice to have a spot to rest for a bit. Also was handy during the clumsy B2B process when we were waiting to reboard. "Regular" B2Bers waited just outside the suite lounge and they came to get us when it was time for all B2Bers to go back on. One set of retreat guests on the second leg were waiting already for boarding and stayed in the lounge. Suites manager had her eye out for us when we made it through security. 

They had pastries, fruit, water, sodas, etc. A couple ship waiters were there to tidy up. 

Sounds Great.  Thanks 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/25/2022 at 9:33 AM, Jim_Iain said:

I just got off Solstice in San Pedro.   The whole boarding process was really quick.    We arrived a 1:00 and when we identified as Suite Passengers were pointed to a spot with 4 agents standing with iPads.   They looked at our boarding pass and passport, pressed a couple buttons and told us we were free to board.   Total process took less than 5 minutes.         Regular passengers were sent on a separate route.

I didn't see a lounge but they may have had a cordoned off area in the general area for those that arrived before the ship was cleared.   

On B2B we cleared immigration walked out one door and back in the adjacent door and were directed right back on the ship.   Again I never saw the general checkin area.

906B5274-778B-43DC-8626-6B3B1A55B883.thumb.jpeg.ff2d48421e137382a74793613ea4a0b3.jpeg

6622F278-ADCF-40F1-937D-742E1C022A5C.thumb.jpeg.37b83fb3f4c1f73007ac5dd9283128c1.jpeg

2044A557-26CD-4D59-9740-FEC0F96A9A2A.thumb.jpeg.d18dbd1459b6e915fc3fc4fda56fae5a.jpeg

Is it still a bit of a walk up a steep gang way when you are a suite quest? DH has mobility issues so we have wheelchair help for him. Would be great to have an easier way to board. Thanks

Agree with the above. We were on last month and the process was so quick that we checked our luggage, entered the terminal and went right through the check-in process and was on the ship in minutes. No stopping. This was around 10:45 AM. Quick and easy. I did see the room on the way in but it was empty of guests. 

• Thanks 1

Everything was quick EXCEPT if you didn't have your luggage tags printed; that line was about 300 people long when I went last month.  Didn't even need to attach the tags as the porters will attach them for you.  Show up without tags and there's one sole person validating your name with your room number then would hand write your cabin number onto a blank tag.  Previously in "L.A." and all other X ports the porters would have the blanks tags and would write them on 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2023 at 3:48 PM, Wink87 said:

Is it still a bit of a walk up a steep gang way when you are a suite quest? DH has mobility issues so we have wheelchair help for him. Would be great to have an easier way to board. Thanks

Jumping in - yes the gangway is a bit steep. My mom used her rollator on boarding, and was pushed on turnaround day of the B2B and for departure in a wheelchair. On departure we were at a different berth than normal and it was I believe just a staircase for the regular route. We went out a lower deck via a handicapped route. I don’t know if there’s another route at the “normal” berth with  terminal that avoids the gangway, but I don’t think so. 

Like others -  we had a 11:30 arrival time but our flight didn't arrive until 11:00 so was closer to 12:30 when we arrived.   No lines for either suites or regular guests.    They had a two suite agents (no other guests) near the front door with iPads.   The scanned our seapass, passport etc and were directed to the escalators to board the ship in less than 5 minutes.     Was so quick we never even saw a Suites Lounge.