Carnival saying I still owe a deposit

Kittehkay

First off, the deposit was paid at time of booking. I was messing around with my booking and clicked on travel protection to see how much it would be to add to my current booking. Now for the past month, I get a pop up saying I need to pay my $98 deposit (cost of protection) due by November 16th. I can’t get this to go away. It tells me that I can’t remove the protection, even though I haven’t paid for it, because it’s in the cancellation penalty period. Has anyone else had this problem and was able to resolve this on their own?

8555D864-A294-435E-9FF8-066726A9AB58.jpeg

1809D1A1-CB70-4E21-BDF3-455FF223A103.jpeg

Nope, I have not had that happen.  And I understand why you don't want to call Carnival due to the long wait times.  Only thing I can say is that they obviously aren't going to cancel your cruise...

My booking was also showing my Carnival insurance payment due long before final payment. But I ignored it.  When I booked the cruise with my PVP many months ago, he suggested I tack the insurance on, but that I needn't commit to using it (I usually use other travel insurance) and that I didn't have to pay for it until final payment for my cruise fare was due.  It was slightly alarming/annoying to see the "urgent: payment due!" alerts when I logged into Carnival, but I ignored it and no harm came.🙂   

ETA:  Just noticed you're new here.  Welcome to CruiseCritic!🙂

Edited by ShakyBeef
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I had it happen also.  I was already past final payment date, and the cruise was fully paid for.  Once I hit the button for vacation protection it automatically added it and said my payment was past due.  I was fine with having the insurance so I just paid the amount on line right away.

2 hours ago, Eli_6 said:

Nope, I have not had that happen.  And I understand why you don't want to call Carnival due to the long wait times.  Only thing I can say is that they obviously aren't going to cancel your cruise...

Wait times aren't bad right now, I've called them approx 3 times (including today in fact and finally got someone who understood the issue and is working with me to get it resolved) and had almost no wait each time. Nowhere near what it used to be during the covid crisis and mad cancellation/refund period.  

4 hours ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

Yes.  The travel protection shows as being due, either as of the date the cruise was booked, or the date the travel protection was added.  I had the same question before and checked with my PVP.  He said it always shows up that way but isn't due until final payment is due. 

Mine was the same way also.