Waitlists

jenp123

Looking for anyone who has previous experience being put on a waitlist for a sold out cruise.  Do they email you or call you if it becomes available, take a deposit, waitlist for certain categories etc...just looking for some first hand experience before I call to be waitlisted for Feb 4th cruise 

11 hours ago, jenp123 said:

Looking for anyone who has previous experience being put on a waitlist for a sold out cruise.  Do they email you or call you if it becomes available, take a deposit, waitlist for certain categories etc...just looking for some first hand experience before I call to be waitlisted for Feb 4th cruise 

I waitlisted through my personal cruise consultant and he updated me.  A couple of times. 
Finally told me it wasn’t available 

I did have to put down a deposit 

Edited by lais

11 hours ago, jenp123 said:

What ship? The Nieuw Statendam for  Feb 4 looks still open.

22 minutes ago, Sir PMP said:

What ship? The Nieuw Statendam for  Feb 4 looks still open.

We are on an 11 day Caribbean departing February 4 on the Rotterdam, and it is sold out.  Has been for a few weeks, actually.   That may be the OP's cruise.

L.

2 hours ago, leerathje said:

We are on an 11 day Caribbean departing February 4 on the Rotterdam, and it is sold out.  Has been for a few weeks, actually.   That may be the OP's cruise.

L.

I am on the one right before this Jan.25th, that's sold out too.

13 hours ago, oaktreerb said:

You pay the deposit.  HAL will contact you through your TA or PCC.  You ask which stateroom is available and either accept or reject.  If you don’t want the stateroom you can stay on the waitlist to see if something better shows up.

This is what we just did for our long cruise in 2024.  We just got the notice yesterday that out stateroom is available, so we bought it.  Total wait time was about 5 weeks or so after putting down half the deposit.  Now we put down the second half of deposit to lock it in.

• Like 1