Kick off the New Year with our New Bonus Offer

kenevenpar

I received an email this morning for this promotion.

I haven't been looking for cruises for a few years, and always believed that most promotions ended up with the same price.  Not surprised to see that still holds true!

I priced three cruises this week, online and through my LARGE online TA.  Imagine my surprise when I repriced them this morning under this new promotion.  The prices were EXACTLY the same.  Full disclosure, pricing three cruises is not a large enough sample, but it sure is an indication pricing gimmicks are still the same.

Happy Cruising!

Ken

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think this "promotion" has been going on since about a week before Thanksgiving although there might be an occasional $50 variation in OBC.

There are of course significant price adjustments on cruise less than 30 or so days out where there are a large number of unsold cabins.

Don't you just love that "up to $xxx on-board credit" hyped advertising?

And then it's in reality only for the most expensive suites (understandably), but for YOUR cabin it's $50 for 2 guests. Whoopty-bloody-doo!!

😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The email I received said nothing about new lower prices. It said “Kick off the New Year with our New Bonus Offer.…for a limited time only, get an additional $50 onboard credit as our New Year Bonus.*” so I was 0% surprised to see the same rates and a $50 OBC as it stated. 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, kenevenpar said:

I received an email this morning for this promotion.

I haven't been looking for cruises for a few years, and always believed that most promotions ended up with the same price.  Not surprised to see that still holds true!

I priced three cruises this week, online and through my LARGE online TA.  Imagine my surprise when I repriced them this morning under this new promotion.  The prices were EXACTLY the same.  Full disclosure, pricing three cruises is not a large enough sample, but it sure is an indication pricing gimmicks are still the same.

Happy Cruising!

Ken

The good old shell game Celebrity does.    I have found on occasion some bargains with a sale and able to reprice but most of the time they raise the price and then discount it by the amount they raised it.  

It's a good idea to do like you and record the prices both before and after a sail. 

Seems like these days the OBC is all that is different but sometimes it is a lot.  We booked 3 rooms in early Nov on the Beyond on a sale with decent OBC. When they ran the Black Friday sale the OBC was $200 more so our TA got that added.   

4 hours ago, volk904 said:

Seems like these days the OBC is all that is different but sometimes it is a lot.  We booked 3 rooms in early Nov on the Beyond on a sale with decent OBC. When they ran the Black Friday sale the OBC was $200 more so our TA got that added.   

We checked the price of our Transatlantic booked in the Black Friday Sale.  We got $400 OBC.  In this sale we would get $450, but the price went up by $50.

Gimmick as always! My TA failed to complete a booking I had made just after Thanksgiving for a 6 day 2024 Bimini cruise. When I questioned him last week the price had risen 800.00 in a matter of two weeks. His fault but that significant an increase for a distant cruise was a first for me. I have cruises booked through 2023. Hopefully I can find some reasonable sailings for 2024.  I always check and recheck pricing snd promos on already booked cruises. The pricing- promo game is very frustrating.