How many times is your cabin cleaned per day?

franncos

🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️
Never let anyone clean my room.  especially now with what was covid. Does the attendant disinfect himself after every room they clean?  
I’m up early every day and don’t want to wait till? To have my bed made. So I make my own bed.  And if I need a towel I ask.      
how many times a day do you clean your house??    

Edited by Cruise5life
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

yea, even in the early days, we always told the cabin steward to skip the morning "cleaning".  We aren't messy and I make the bed.  This way we can sleep in.  All thr steward really does in the evening is to place fresh towels, empty trash and leave ice.  I am sure they are in/out in 5 minutes.  

That being said, we have walked by some rooms and peaked in. Looked like a cyclone had hit those cabins.  Clothes  piled so high on the floor one couldn't see the floor.  Makes one wonder what their homes look like.  Always feel sorry for those who have to try and clean THAT mess.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 12/31/2022 at 1:56 AM, bafinegan said:

yea, even in the early days, we always told the cabin steward to skip the morning "cleaning".  We aren't messy and I make the bed.  This way we can sleep in.  All thr steward really does in the evening is to place fresh towels, empty trash and leave ice.  I am sure they are in/out in 5 minutes.  

That being said, we have walked by some rooms and peaked in. Looked like a cyclone had hit those cabins.  Clothes  piled so high on the floor one couldn't see the floor.  Makes one wonder what their homes look like.  Always feel sorry for those who have to try and clean THAT mess.

I’ve seen some of those rooms and do not get it.    
They must live in filth it’s ridiculous.  Like you said can’t see the floor.   How do you clean that.     Lol. 

me I’d just close the door and move to next room. Lol. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2022 at 10:07 PM, Cruise5life said:

how many times a day do you clean your house??    

Many?  I am constantly moving things to laundry, santizing/disinfecting counters in kitchens and bathrooms, sweeping or vacuuming, taking out trash, putting dishes away.  

I cannot vacuum my own on a cruise, and especially in sandy locations, feel it should be done daily.  In my house, towels have room to hang to dry, so I do not need to change them daily, but there is not room for bath towels for 4 people to be spread to dry in a humid cabin, so they need to be changed.  I don't make beds at home, but my couch also does not turn into a bed each night at home, so if I want a couch during the day on the cruise, the cabin needs to be made up.  I empty my own trash at home, but on a cruise, there is not a bin I can empty the small cans into, so a steward needs to do that as well.   

I think once daily service to vacuum, change towels, and empty bins is enough; but twice is needed to change the bed to a couch and back again. They aren't really that easy for a passenger to do themselves, since the entire bed has to be made, and honestly, I'm not great on hospital corners since they don't have fitted sheets!

On a cruise right now.
  Day 8 of 15

Cabin not cleaned once.   
make my bed when I get up. 

I get new towels every other day.   

get ice once a day 
no trash.  
wipe my own tiny counter down if needed. 

all of 5 minutes.  

my rooms cleaner than some people that have their rooms cleaned every day.   

some people are just pigs.  
can’t imagine what their home looks like.   

oh and have a great relationship with my room steward.    

I bring him treats everyday.      

and tip him 5.00 a day for my ice.    

but that’s me    Solo traveler.   

I can understand some families needing services.    

but me not so much.  

CA8CBF4E-0AD6-4C2C-A3BA-9D575B47CEBD.jpeg

85E9A7D2-DC94-4FF1-91B7-B6AD91D4C96D.jpeg

6F2A5425-480E-47F9-B85C-152424D4F8B8.jpeg

10E3F7A7-7BB7-4D18-83B1-541C6960AC41.jpeg

F46BA94B-B437-4EEF-8404-31327C353BAF.jpeg

• Like 1

On 1/1/2023 at 2:22 PM, Cruise5life said:

I’ve seen some of those rooms and do not get it.    
They must live in filth it’s ridiculous.  Like you said can’t see the floor.   How do you clean that.     Lol. 

me I’d just close the door and move to next room. Lol. 

I saw this a LOT on Divina the last 2 weeks. 
I felt so sorry for our steward. It’s hard not to see it when the door is open and you walk by. 

Not only were we cruising with loud, rude and pushy passengers…there were some downright slobs amongst them. 

I wonder how many are the ones waiting in line to have the service charge removed. Witnessed that both times I had to go to the guest services desk. 

I came off of Divina yesterday with a terrible taste in my mouth for our fellow cruisers. 
Worst bunch of entitled idiots we’ve cruised with in 40 yrs.  

Edit to add

Our cabin steward had 18 rooms to clean on our sailing. 
I see no reason to have them come twice a day or even every day. 

Edited by styles27
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, styles27 said:

I saw this a LOT on Divina the last 2 weeks. 
I felt so sorry for our steward. It’s hard not to see it when the door is open and you walk by. 

Not only were we cruising with loud, rude and pushy passengers…there were some downright slobs amongst them. 

I wonder how many are the ones waiting in line to have the service charge removed. Witnessed that both times I had to go to the guest services desk. 

I came off of Divina yesterday with a terrible taste in my mouth for our fellow cruisers. 
Worst bunch of entitled idiots we’ve cruised with in 40 yrs.  

Edit to add

Our cabin steward had 18 rooms to clean on our sailing. 
I see no reason to have them come twice a day or even every day. 

I’m on NCL Joy right now.   And it’s a geriatrics cruise.  I feel like the teenager on this cruise at 60.  Lolol

And only 34 kids.   

everyone’s been nice.    Foods hit or miss.  But you don’t like one thing there’s other things to eat.  

I have 0 complaints except for my very noisy neighbor. 

I’m looking forward to my MSC cruise in a week.    After all the bad reviews I  wanna see for myself what everyone’s talk about.    
I’m a picky Esther but can usually find something to eat.   

id never remove the gratuities.   I usually always add to them.   Like I said I’m giving my guy and extra 5.00 a day for doing nothing but get me ice.   Lol
I do bring him cookies every day and some fruit.  And he’s very apprecIative.  
What ever he asks for he gets if I can.   

im on 3 different lines consecutively.  
NCL Joy

MSC Maravilia 
RC Wonder

gonna be nice to see how they all differ from each other.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cruise5life said:

I’m on NCL Joy right now.   And it’s a geriatrics cruise.  I feel like the teenager on this cruise at 60.  Lolol

And only 34 kids.   

everyone’s been nice.    Foods hit or miss.  But you don’t like one thing there’s other things to eat.  

I have 0 complaints except for my very noisy neighbor. 

I’m looking forward to my MSC cruise in a week.    After all the bad reviews I  wanna see for myself what everyone’s talk about.    
I’m a picky Esther but can usually find something to eat.   

id never remove the gratuities.   I usually always add to them.   Like I said I’m giving my guy and extra 5.00 a day for doing nothing but get me ice.   Lol
I do bring him cookies every day and some fruit.  And he’s very apprecIative.  
What ever he asks for he gets if I can.   

im on 3 different lines consecutively.  
NCL Joy

MSC Maravilia 
RC Wonder

gonna be nice to see how they all differ from each other.   

Have a wonderful time and I can’t wait to hear your comparison when you get back!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, styles27 said:

Have a wonderful time and I can’t wait to hear your comparison when you get back!

All I know is the pizza on here(Joy) has been a 5.8 at best. Lolol.  Very excited to see what the MSC pizza has to offer.   

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Cruise5life said:

All I know is the pizza on here(Joy) has been a 5.8 at best. Lolol.  Very excited to see what the MSC pizza has to offer.   

I think you’ll like it. I’ve been to Italy…MSC’s pizza is almost as good as the pizza we ate in Rome, Naples, Sicily etc. Their pasta is great too!

Just off 14 days on Divina and all but one meal in the MDR was really good. The one not so good thing is something that can happen at home, it was a tough NY strip steak that they quickly swapped for me. 
Buffet food was never hot so that wasn’t good. It was barely warm, so we avoided eating there after a few days. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, styles27 said:

I think you’ll like it. I’ve been to Italy…MSC’s pizza is almost as good as the pizza we ate in Rome, Naples, Sicily etc. Their pasta is great too!

Just off 14 days on Divina and all but one meal in the MDR was really good. The one not so good thing is something that can happen at home, it was a tough NY strip steak that they quickly swapped for me. 
Buffet food was never hot so that wasn’t good. It was barely warm, so we avoided eating there after a few days. 

Yeah I’m really looking forward for the Italian food for sure.  
I’m finding a lot of the food in the buffet on my current ship is also a little cold.  But I get it.     It’s still good.  I’ve only eaten in the MDR 2 x so far. I’ve actually liked the selection in the buffet.      They’ve had prime rib 3x so far and was always good.     

all I know is I’m gonna be a fat 🐷🐷🐷🐽🐽🐽 when I get home Lolol.  

Gained a few already. Lol 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Cruise5life said:

I think you will enjoy the pizza on the Meraviglia.

They have ( or they did) a fresh mozzarella making area between the two sides of the buffet.

You can watch it being made. To the right, is  the fresh pizza oven and station.

The kinds  available varies each day. Fun to try all the different kinds. 
Oh….do not ask for Hawaiian or pineapple .They look at you like you have 3 heads.  We saw a couple ask for it and the reaction was hilarious.

You will enjoy the Meraviglia, we have been on 3 times.

Edited by phissy

4 minutes ago, phissy said:

I think you will enjoy the pizza on the Meraviglia.

They have ( or they did) a fresh mozzarella making area between the two sides of the buffet.

You can watch it being made. To the right, is  the fresh pizza oven and station.

The kinds  available varies each day. Fun to try all the different kinds. 
Oh….do not ask for Hawaiian or pineapple .They look at you like you have 3 heads.  We saw a couple ask for it and the reaction was hilarious.

You will enjoy the Meraviglia, we have been on 3 times.

Did you ever see the white chocolate dessert pizza?  
I asked the pizza chef to just cut me a tiny piece to try.  I wasn’t a fan lol