New to Azamara - Some Questions

OfTheSeasCruiser

2018 is ancient history for all cruise lines.  I have recently stopped reading the Celebrity forum altogether because it's all about cutbacks these days.  They are marketing themselves as luxury, and charging luxury prices – but the onboard experience seems to be devolving right down to mass market.  [I am grateful to Celebrity for the PowerUp points that got me up the 'final' notch to Discoverer Plus on Azamara – but I will never get to enjoy the benefits of being Elite Plus on Celebrity...]

Even Oceania seems to have been hit by cutback fever.  Apparently all those loans the three major cruise conglomerates took out to weather the shutdown are now forcing cutback after cutback to try to staunch the cash-flow bleeding.  We should be grateful to RCG for selling Azamara at a bargain to Sycamore, who therefore do not have these overwhelming debts to deal with!

• Like 6

Looked at my upcoming cruise and the ship appear to be almost sold out which is great for the Azamara financial health. Besides for bringing my own wine aboard will stop at Trader Joes for a bottle of Maple Syrup. Hopefully Azamara will wave the corkage on the syrup 😂

image.thumb.png.cc9e63ea60bc0ab70980530568be203a.png

• Like 5
  • Haha 7

7 hours ago, luv2travel90266 said:

Looked at my upcoming cruise and the ship appear to be almost sold out which is great for the Azamara financial health. Besides for bringing my own wine aboard will stop at Trader Joes for a bottle of Maple Syrup. Hopefully Azamara will wave the corkage on the syrup 😂

Smart move. I always bring my own too! Although that must be an old bottle, because they don’t grade it that way anymore (at least in Vermont). The darker grades (like B) are the best, though, IMO.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, luv2travel90266 said:

Haha, has anyone tried Birch Syrup?  I stock up whenever in Alaska.

Screen Shot 2023-01-12 at 7.40.59 AM.png

• Like 1

23 hours ago, nordski said:

Thanks for your reply. There may be some on this forum who are rather obsessed with access to real maple syrup. Its disappearance shortly after leaving Canada would lead to mutinous thoughts. 😀

In general, our 2019 experience in Blu was the poorest of the 4 cruises we have travelled in Aqua Class.

Up until that cruise, we would compare Blu as close to what we expect in Discoveries in Azamara.

I believe others have suggested Blu is similar to Azamara’s specialty restaurants. That has not been our experience, but I understand that more tables have been added to Prime C and Aquafina,  so the difference in ambience may not be so marked.

Perhaps my judgement should be suspect since our cruise was in 2020 not 2019.

I apologize and hope that mistake did not confuse people.

"Besides for bringing my own wine aboard"

Could you please share the current Azamara policy on bringing the drink onboard?

I can`t understand how many bottles of wine I can bring with me.

Here they do not mention any limits.

You may bring your own favorite liquor, beer or wine for private consumption in your suite or stateroom. If you wish to consume your liquor, beer or wine in any shipboard restaurant, bar or dining venue, each bottle is subject to a corkage fee of $10.

https://www.azamara.com/int/booked-guests/before-you-board/guest-conduct-policy

But on this page, there are two bottles per stateroom limit.

Guests wishing to bring personal wine onboard with them at the beginning of the cruise may do so, limited to two (2) bottles per stateroom,

http://media.azamaracruises.com/azamara/content/pdf/faq/Azamara_Guest_Alcohol_Policy.pdf

I really appreciate an answer. I will depart from Buenos Aires if it matters. 

13 minutes ago, AOUA said:

Could you please share the current Azamara policy on bringing the drink onboard?

You may bring your own favorite liquor, beer or wine for private consumption in your suite or stateroom. If you wish to consume your liquor, beer or wine in any shipboard restaurant, bar or dining venue, each bottle is subject to a corkage fee of $10.

Guests wishing to bring personal wine onboard with them at the beginning of the cruise may do so, limited to two (2) bottles per stateroom,

http://media.azamaracruises.com/azamara/content/pdf/faq/Azamara_Guest_Alcohol_Policy.pdf

The page in your link dates back to the days before Azamara became mostly inclusive. I don’t know why it’s still accessible. Those restrictions (about two bottles of wine) no longer apply. 

17 hours ago, AOUA said:

As many as you want!  We typically bring a case in our specialty wine suitcase.  We’ve also purchased several bottles in St Tropez and Bordeaux for onboard consumption.  One of the big benefits of Azamara for anyone who enjoys wine.

Edited by laurieb
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 2/6/2023 at 3:28 PM, D. B. said:

I just found out that Azamara Dropped the Price by Thousands of $ (and added better cabins) for a cruise we booked so I ask my TA to check into it.

He said the answer was They do not do price changes on Bookings that have been paid in full.

You can always try to switch to a different room, pay a slight difference if the price is better then when you booked. We do this from time to time and never have issues up to days before we sail. Though we just booked our first Azamara so don’t really know what to except with them. But thinking they’d be happy to please their guests.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/14/2023 at 9:38 AM, laurieb said:

VinGarde Valise is the one we have.  Amazon sells them, 6, 8 and 12 bottle choices

We're looking to purchase one of these. Several people commented in reviews that the 12 bottle weighs >50 lbs when loaded completely with 12 bottles.... can you comment?

(We are looking to take one on our upcoming Azamara Mediterranean cruise to bring home all the goodies!)