Taino Bay, DR, port schedule for Jan. 2023 has been posted

Turtles06

13 minutes ago, Southerngal410 said:

The Escape is now listed on the Amber Cove schedule but still on the Taino Bay for next week. 

With only one other ship scheduled for Amber Cove on Jan. 16, it seems like a good bet for the Escape.

21 hours ago, RedwingHockeyFan said:

Anyone know if the Escape docked at TB or AC?  Or maybe skipped the stop all together?

Escape docked at Amber cove this week.  

Also Taino Bay schedule updated and no longer shows any NCL ships there for the month. Or at least the big ones.  escape encore and getaway

Edited by lfdemt
correction

2 minutes ago, lfdemt said:

Also Taino Bay schedule updated and no longer shows any NCL ships there for the month.

Are we looking at the same thing?  Here's a screenshot of the Taino Bay schedule for January, which I just visited, and it shows what it's been showing -- NCL Dawn, Pearl, Sky and Gem docking there on several dates this month. 

00-m8Z7QgQNSN1pSiWVw3FAIG1nv5s5FgYR4GzGtunnUQbr22vbrJ33j7OdjGgYUIZbaAUrgnwgvQnZ_1RWb7NZPA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1674046553

27 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Are we looking at the same thing?  Here's a screenshot of the Taino Bay schedule for January, which I just visited, and it shows what it's been showing -- NCL Dawn, Pearl, Sky and Gem docking there on several dates this month. 

00-m8Z7QgQNSN1pSiWVw3FAIG1nv5s5FgYR4GzGtunnUQbr22vbrJ33j7OdjGgYUIZbaAUrgnwgvQnZ_1RWb7NZPA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1674046553

Yes. I corrected my post to indicate the larger ships escape encore and getaway have been removed. The smaller ships have been docking at Taino bay but not the larger ones. Those are the ones they removed 

20 minutes ago, kitkat343 said:

Can anyone help this person? Their Turks and Caicos stop was already cancelled and I’m hoping they’ll keep their dr stop.    

IF they are on the FEB 27 Gem sailing,  they should be in DR on March 2nd.  AS of TODAY there are zero ships at Amber Cove, so they have that dock as a possibility but there are a lot of factors that go into it.  I would say they have a very good chance of making it to the DR.  Me on the other hand I have slim to none and slim is on a bus heading out of town. 

8 minutes ago, lfdemt said:

IF they are on the FEB 27 Gem sailing,  they should be in DR on March 2nd.  AS of TODAY there are zero ships at Amber Cove, so they have that dock as a possibility but there are a lot of factors that go into it.  I would say they have a very good chance of making it to the DR.  Me on the other hand I have slim to none and slim is on a bus heading out of town. 

Gem should be able to dock at Taino Bay, so regardless of ships at Amber Cove they should be able to get to DR.

41 minutes ago, palpieha said:

Gem should be able to dock at Taino Bay, so regardless of ships at Amber Cove they should be able to get to DR.

I agree with you. We’re on the Gem, scheduled for Taino Bay on January 31, the only January port call for the Gem at Taino Bay. My plan is to come back here and let folks know if we made it! 😊

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On the day we are supposed to be at Puerta Plata, it is showing 1 Carnival Ship and 1 MSC ship.  The MSC ship itinerary shows Puerta Plata/Amber Cove, can anyone speculate if the Escape will be able to dock at Amber Cove or will MSC have priority?  

Also, I have read conflicting reports as to whether Taino Bay is actually being dredged right now to accommodate the larger NCL ships, does anyone know if it is true and it is being dredged?

Well, this is weird.  For today, Jan. 20, two ships had been shown on the Taino Bay port schedule: the Dawn and the Celebrity Constellation.  Oddly, though, the Dawn has just shown up on the port schedule for Amber Cove today (as well as for Jan. 31).  I just checked cruisemapper.com, which shows the current position of the Dawn in Amber Cove, and of the Encore in Taino Bay (!) (Screenshot below.)  If this is all correct, I think it's the first time a big NCL ship has been back in Taino Bay in a very long time.  And how strange that the Dawn has been sent to Amber Cove.

00-m8Z7QgQNSN1pSiWVw3FAIG1nv5s5FgYR4GzGtunnUQb6ln1sNgn7CMR9KRZ_KJ3BaAUrgnwgvQnZ_1RWb7NZPA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1674221180

Edited by Turtles06

Strange that the smaller ship is at Amber Cove.  

I wonder what the weather is like today.  Maybe it's incredibly calm/mild and safe to enter?  Probably cheaper to go to TB so send the big ship there if they can?  

• Like 1

On 1/20/2023 at 8:36 AM, Turtles06 said:

Well, this is weird.  For today, Jan. 20, two ships had been shown on the Taino Bay port schedule: the Dawn and the Celebrity Constellation.  Oddly, though, the Dawn has just shown up on the port schedule for Amber Cove today (as well as for Jan. 31).  I just checked cruisemapper.com, which shows the current position of the Dawn in Amber Cove, and of the Encore in Taino Bay (!) (Screenshot below.)  If this is all correct, I think it's the first time a big NCL ship has been back in Taino Bay in a very long time.  And how strange that the Dawn has been sent to Amber Cove.

00-m8Z7QgQNSN1pSiWVw3FAIG1nv5s5FgYR4GzGtunnUQb6ln1sNgn7CMR9KRZ_KJ3BaAUrgnwgvQnZ_1RWb7NZPA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1674221180

The Dawn is currently showing on both Taino Bay and Amber Cove's schedules for all 3 visits in January.  So far, reports on FB of passengers that were onboard that the one before the one you are showing here docked at Taino Bay and this one docked at Amber Cove.  Someone's estimate that maybe TB is less expensive and that could be it.  I know when I was researching the draught on the Dawn to see if the Dawn was closer to the Sky (seemed to consistently go to TB) or the bigger ships like the Escape, and I was surprised to learn that it was almost identical to the big ships, so I guess it is a toss-up from a sandbar safety standpoint.  

• 2 months later...
On 1/2/2023 at 12:57 PM, Turtles06 said:

For anyone on an NCL ship scheduled to call at Puerto Plata in January 2023, the January port schedule for Taino Bay has finally been posted on the port's official site, here:

https://www.porttainobay.com/arrivals.php

We're on the Gem, scheduled to call at Puerto Plata on Jan. 31, and I'm happy to see us on this Taino Bay calendar (along with the Dawn that day).  I know this doesn't mean NCL won't skip this port call as it has been doing,  but we'll see . . . 

February 2023 has not been posted yet.

doesn't show anything, the dates are all blank. useless

1 hour ago, caligirl49 said:

doesn't show anything, the dates are all blank. useless

Well, obviously, three months ago, when I posted that link, the January calendar was populated with information or I wouldn't have posted it.  And, as I noted, nothing had been posted for February.