free pre-cruise OBC?

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The "gift" OBC and group OBC showed up in the planner at different times.

Was "the gift" also $50 or $100.  Wondering if that may have been the early booking OBC that always showed up in the planner while the group OBC (usually $50 but sometimes $75) used to be on board.

9 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Was "the gift" also $50 or $100. 

No, it was a generous $200 to make up for a promised amenity RCI didn't honor on a previous sailing. That showed up first, then the group OBC showed up maybe a month later.

Edited by Biker19

8 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

No, it was a generous $200 to make up for a promised amenity RCI didn't honor on a previous sailing. That showed up first, then the group OBC showed up maybe a month later.

I know the one you are talking about and that was actually put there by Royal so may be different than the TA bought amenity

Can anyone tell me where I can see OBC either online in my booking or on the app?  I filed for the stock OBC last week, still haven't received an email and I've been checking my reservation, but I don't know where to look.  Also, the stock is in my traveler #2's name.  Would that explain why I can't see it?  Does he have to log in to see it on his side?  We're in the same stateroom.  Thanks in advance!

We got $100. PRE CRUISE OBC for our cruise on the Navigator next week.

This was awhile back & I have no idea why we got it....BUT...it was specific & actually had an expiration date on it that was before the sailing. 

In other words, use it now or lose it.

We booked a pay restaurant for dinner.

1 hour ago, mapgirl34 said:

Can anyone tell me where I can see OBC either online in my booking or on the app?  I filed for the stock OBC last week, still haven't received an email and I've been checking my reservation, but I don't know where to look.  Also, the stock is in my traveler #2's name.  Would that explain why I can't see it?  Does he have to log in to see it on his side?  We're in the same stateroom.  Thanks in advance!

Usually with the Shareholder benefit Royal will send you an email advising it has been applied.  It'll show in your cruise planner.

1495156406_ScreenShot2023-01-09at5_21_05PM.thumb.png.c39913958c6a5e79c1c3589b16be281f.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Usually with the Shareholder benefit Royal will send you an email advising it has been applied.  It'll show in your cruise planner.

1495156406_ScreenShot2023-01-09at5_21_05PM.thumb.png.c39913958c6a5e79c1c3589b16be281f.png

I didn't get an email for my upcoming cruise. I didn't know it was applied until I saw it in the cruise planner. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mapgirl34 said:

Thanks guys!  Now at least I know where to look for my OBC.

Also, if you call RCI and go through the automated system you can have a new reservation sheet emailed to you. It will be updated with the OBC listed on it. I always do that just in case the OBC doesn't show up on the ship and I need to prove that it exists. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Also, if you call RCI and go through the automated system you can have a new reservation sheet emailed to you. It will be updated with the OBC listed on it. I always do that just in case the OBC doesn't show up on the ship and I need to prove that it exists. 

I thought I had read that in one of their website / phone "enhancememts" that this option was removed. @molly361?

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I thought I had read that in one of their website / phone "enhancememts" that this option was removed. @molly361?

Correct you can no longer request an invoice without calling them.  Love their "enhancements"😇  Kind of like back in the day you could actually cancel a booking online without any human interaction

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

6 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Correct you can no longer request an invoice without calling them.  Love their "enhancements"😇  Kind of like back in the day you could actually cancel a booking online without any human interaction

I did not know this. It worked a few months ago when I tried.