free pre-cruise OBC?

Hi cruisers!  I received some onboard credit to use pre cruise.  My ? is, since my reservation has it listed under me, cruiser #1, and not evenly divided, I wonder if I can make reservations for the 2 of us for an excursion?  Anyone else had this experience?  thx!

43 minutes ago, tokidoki said:

Hi cruisers!  I received some onboard credit to use pre cruise.  My ? is, since my reservation has it listed under me, cruiser #1, and not evenly divided, I wonder if I can make reservations for the 2 of us for an excursion?  Anyone else had this experience?  thx!

If you're both on the same reservation it should give you the option to book both of you when purchasing the excursion.

All OBC I have ever gotten pre-cruise was also available on the ship.  I have had the reverse happen... OBC that didn't show up until day 2 onboard the ship but never as the OP described.

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 1

We had this same thing just pop up on our account for our May cruise.It specifically says pre-cruise OBC. We have had OBC many times but have never seen it spelled out for pre-cruise purchases. I’m concerned that if we don’t use it before cruising, we will lose it.

11 minutes ago, Sweetiepie3 said:

We had this same thing just pop up on our account for our May cruise.It specifically says pre-cruise OBC. We have had OBC many times but have never seen it spelled out for pre-cruise purchases. I’m concerned that if we don’t use it before cruising, we will lose it.

I think it specifies pre-cruise because in the past it wasn't available until boarding the ship but I could be wrong.

Pre-cruise OBC is an oxymoron.  Of course it is available to use ON BOARD, whether or not you touch it in your Cruise Planner.

RC is just giving you the opportunity now, as opposed to a couple of years ago, to spend some or all of it before you step foot on the ship.

10 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

All OBC I have ever gotten pre-cruise was also available on the ship.  I have had the reverse happen... OBC that didn't show up until day 2 onboard the ship but never as the OP described.

OBC issued by Royal will show up in the cruise planner and usually OBCs from a TA will show up on board on or about the 2nd day/night.

Edited by nelblu

2 minutes ago, nelblu said:

OBC issued by Royal will show up in the cruise planner and usually OBCs from a TA will show up on board on or about the 2nd day/night.

Some of that is changing.

Group OBC is now issued before the cruise as opposed to on board.  

Obc the TA is gifting you still shows up on board. 

• Thanks 1