Medallion Net / Purchasing WiFi On App

Syracusefan44

I went onto the Princess app to purchase WiFi for my 3/5/23 cruise.  When I select Medallion Net it states “No Plans Available To Purchase.”

How far in advance of the cruise does Princess allow passengers to a WiFi packages?  Thanks for the help. 

40 minutes ago, Syracusefan44 said:

I went onto the Princess app to purchase WiFi for my 3/5/23 cruise.  When I select Medallion Net it states “No Plans Available To Purchase.”

How far in advance of the cruise does Princess allow passengers to a WiFi packages?  Thanks for the help. 

I purchased over a year out.

However, for the last month, since doing pricing updates, they have made ANOTHER error on the App, affecting the MedallionNet.

So, you may be able to purchase by calling PCL or your TA/CVP.  Some will and some not.  

You could also email IT and tell them you want to purchase MedallionNet and FIX IT!

Askoceanmedallion@carnival.com

You would give Full name/Sail Date/Ship/booking Number.

• Thanks 1

I just talked to Princess for I am on the same March 5 cruise and have gotten the same "no plans available" message for 2-3 weeks now (and since their price increase).  Prior to that, it was available and, unfortunately,  I failed to purchase it.  The representative said that it was too far away in time from my cruise and to wait until about February.  I asked if this was a new procedure and he said yes.  I am still not convinced that they don't have an error in their system.

Edited by TAW1963

7 minutes ago, TAW1963 said:

I just talked to Princess for I am on the same March 5 cruise and have gotten the same "no plans available" message for 2-3 weeks now (and since their price increase).  Prior to that, it was available and, unfortunately,  I failed to purchase it.  The representative said that it was too far away in time from my cruise and to wait until about February.  I asked if this was a new procedure and he said yes.  I am still not convinced that they don't have an error in their system.

No way.  It is definitely an error.  If you talk to Princess, pick the option to speak to the Medallion App team.  Not a general agent.   

They have told quite a few of us that they will fix it and the old price will be protected.  That I don’t believe either.  

Just now, PacnGoNow said:

No way.  It is definitely an error.  If you talk to Princess, pick the option to speak to the Medallion App team.  Not a general agent.   

They have told quite a few of us that they will fix it and the old price will be protected.  That I don’t believe either.  

There are other App threads on CC about

this issue.

33 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

There are other App threads on CC about

this issue.

Thanks so much.  I too have seen the other threads.  I was on the phone with a general agent about some other issues and I thought I would ask about this issue.   I too believe that it is an error and there is likely no chance that the old price will be protected.  

32 minutes ago, TAW1963 said:

Thanks so much.  I too have seen the other threads.  I was on the phone with a general agent about some other issues and I thought I would ask about this issue.   I too believe that it is an error and there is likely no chance that the old price will be protected.  

I sent a message to an IT employee to ask when they will fix it.  Responded in a couple of hours.  Wants to see a booking.

So, send your booking number to him and ask when there is a fix.

name/ship/sail date/booking no

Explain your issue.

If everyone would let them know, instead of calling in, maybe they will fix it?

A360ad7@carnival.com

LMK

• Thanks 1

Just got off the phone with an agent in the Med App team.  He tried to purchase for me, and also not successful.  He said he got the same message.  He said it should be fixed in a few days; I told him that was what I was 2 weeks ago, and now still not fixed.

I told him I booked before 12/13 (I think last date of old price), but hasn't been successful to buy the 4-device plan on the app, and asked him if I can still pay the old price ($10pd for 4-device for Elite)?  He said he doesn't think so because the system will not be able to handle the old price.  So now I will be paying double for my 22 day cruise (will pay $440 instead of $220).   

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

I sent a message to an IT employee to ask when they will fix it.  Responded in a couple of hours.  Wants to see a booking.

Explain your issue.

A360ad7@carnival.com

LMK

Thanks for the great information.  I will get an email off ASAP for I think it is a great idea for everyone to write them instead of calling in.

11 minutes ago, chubbypiggy said:

Just got off the phone with an agent in the Med App team.  He tried to purchase for me, and also not successful.  He said he got the same message.  He said it should be fixed in a few days; I told him that was what I was 2 weeks ago, and now still not fixed.

I told him I booked before 12/13 (I think last date of old price), but hasn't been successful to buy the 4-device plan on the app, and asked him if I can still pay the old price ($10pd for 4-device for Elite)?  He said he doesn't think so because the system will not be able to handle the old price.  So now I will be paying double for my 22 day cruise (will pay $440 instead of $220).   

See my post #7 for an IT email, I talked with less than an hour ago. Send your details.  

A360ad7@carnival.com

General agents  have told others on CC  that the old price would be honored.  They would have to manually do that, as once it’s programmed, don’t think it would happen.

Yours is a big difference.  I’d go through my TA/CVP or escalate to customer solutions.  Not right.  This has been about a month now, BEFORE the price increase.  It doesn’t affect me, because I purchased all my cruises as soon as I heard about the increase.  

LMK

22 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Explain your issue.

A360ad7@carnival.com

LMK

I plan to send them an email.  Should I sent it to Askoceanmedallion@carnival.com or 

A360ad7@carnival.com  ?

1 minute ago, chubbypiggy said:

I plan to send them an email.  Should I sent it to Askoceanmedallion@carnival.com or 

A360ad7@carnival.com  ?

Send it to:

A360ad7@carnival.com

Subject:  Fix MedallionNet on the App

Edited by PacnGoNow

Just now, chubbypiggy said:

Thanks.  In the email, should I just ask to inform me when the problem is fixed or also ask if I will be able to get the old price?

Ask about the fix.

Give your name/ship/sail date and any booking numbers you have.

You can ask about price protection, but I highly doubt they can do that.  Believe you need to escalate that with Customer solutions.

LMK

18 minutes ago, chubbypiggy said:

I booked with CVP.  Do you happen to know what phone number I need to call for Customer Solutions?  Should I call CS today or wait until the app gets fixed?   Thank you.

You would have to call the regular customer service number and ask to speak to customer solutions.  They usually won’t transfer until they’ve gone through the whole issue.  Ugggh

However, I’d try my CVP first.  Could they escalate it for you?  The current price is not loaded yet,  so call your CVP and tell them you want to purchase the MedallionNet. 

You’ve been trying BEFORE they announced the price increase, which was Dec 14th.  It has been at least a month that the App has not worked for the MedallionNet.

Such a mess…AGAIN.

5 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

You would have to call the regular customer service number and ask to speak to customer solutions.  They usually won’t transfer until they’ve gone through the whole issue.  Ugggh

However, I’d try my CVP first.  Could they escalate it for you?  The current price is not loaded yet,  so call your CVP and tell them you want to purchase the MedallionNet. 

You’ve been trying BEFORE they announced the price increase, which was Dec 14th.  It has been at least a month that the App has not worked for the MedallionNet.

Such a mess…AGAIN.

Thank you for the information.  

My CVP called me after I did my last CC post regarding something I asked him to check yesterday.  While he was on the phone with me regarding my yesterday's issue, he told me he noticed my 2nd cruise of my b2b pricing gone down $140, but for new booking only, so, do I want to cancel and rebook.  I know if I cancel and rebook, the new booking definitely will have the new pricing, which mean $220 more than the old pricing, but the new booking price is $140 less than the current booking.  I told my CVP just go ahead and cancel and rebook.  I rather pay $80 more (pay $220 more on Medallion net but saved $140 on new booking) than having to try to deal with Customer Solutions on getting the old price of the net.  Also, no guarantee it can be done.

22 minutes ago, chubbypiggy said:

Thank you for the information.  

My CVP called me after I did my last CC post regarding something I asked him to check yesterday.  While he was on the phone with me regarding my yesterday's issue, he told me he noticed my 2nd cruise of my b2b pricing gone down $140, but for new booking only, so, do I want to cancel and rebook.  I know if I cancel and rebook, the new booking definitely will have the new pricing, which mean $220 more than the old pricing, but the new booking price is $140 less than the current booking.  I told my CVP just go ahead and cancel and rebook.  I rather pay $80 more (pay $220 more on Medallion net but saved $140 on new booking) than having to try to deal with Customer Solutions on getting the old price of the net.  Also, no guarantee it can be done.

Sounds like you’re on top of it.  

4 minutes ago, Syracusefan44 said:

Thank you for all the help.  I called my CVP Michelle Guertner and she booked my WiFi for my upcoming cruises.

That’s great.

BTW, we’re not allowed on CC to mention the names of our CVP/TA.

I pre purchased wifi 4 device with elite discount for my Sept 2023 cruise back in December.

I cannot purchase it for my March 2024 cruise at all on app. Message says as a platinum/ elite I get $0 discount on it, and buy button does not work.

Better get this fixed-  or is this another way to strip away elite benefits?  

12 hours ago, dog said:

I pre purchased wifi 4 device with elite discount for my Sept 2023 cruise back in December.

I cannot purchase it for my March 2024 cruise at all on app. Message says as a platinum/ elite I get $0 discount on it, and buy button does not work.

Better get this fixed-  or is this another way to strip away elite benefits?  

We have several threads on this.  They are working on it now.  I reported it yesterday to IT, it was “no plans available to purchase “, then yesterday they updated it, now they have to fix the loyalty issue.  Give it a few days.

See the other threads…for updates.

This was an error during the recent pricing fixes.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

We have several threads on this.  They are working on it now.  I reported it yesterday to IT, it was “no plans available to purchase “, then yesterday they updated it, now they have to fix the loyalty issue.  Give it a few days.

See the other threads…for updates.

This was an error during the recent pricing fixes.  

Thanks, just don’t have time to post on all the other threads!