GTY Room Change

When my cabin number was issued on my set sail pass I called and asked to change cabins. Absolutely no problem. Just give a call . I wouldn’t mention the guarantee part just say you would like to move to another room and tell them which one. Good luck. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Sure, encourage folks to mislead and cheat. Don't buy a guarantee if you want to pick your cabin in the end

Easy to say. I would have said I dont care, until they put me in a studio. Had I known a inside gty could be a studio I wouldnt have booked it. Pts matter and 1 instead of 2 pts matter to me as a solo. 

People sometimes get a choice they didnt know was possible. I'm still feeling ripped off by rcl. I paid more than the pp price, a surcharge.  Royal up the first is a ov, not a regular inside. Nothing indicated to me a studio was a possible outcome on radiance. Only 5 of them, mos tpeople dont even know they exist. Color me mad. 

Easy to lecture if it's not you. Maybe rcl needs to list possible outcomes instead of you will get a cabin within the inside category. I dont care where it is. I care about pts. Wouldnt ever book a gty again. My trust for rcl is very low. Agree with others, time to look around at other lines... though I'm sure they are all broke and no better. 

• Haha 1

On 1/7/2023 at 12:53 AM, Jbluebird said:

I guess all I can say is Wow to the negative comments...I wasn't complaining just looking for some helpful advice.  We haven't been able to cruise in many years so we're very happy to be going.  If the room can be changed, that's great, but we're still going to go and have a great time no matter where the room is because in reality most of the time on a cruise is not spent in your room. And Thank you to the folks who actually offered advice, not criticism.

Yeah we're a tough crowd.  Kind of surprising on a website dedicated to such a happy, first-world topic as cruising, but there it is.

Also, sometimes only guarante is available. My son and I booked earlier, but my daughter could not. She paid more for guaranty than we did and got deck 2. One of the interior interior cabins 🙁. She would not have booked guaranty if she had a choice.

• Like 2

I usually book a GTY as its cheaper.  Then I price stalk.  I have had no issue ever moving a room.  But I must point out I will pay the difference if I go from an inside to a balcony.  Sometimes I have lost a $50 OBC which is such a deal breaker.  I have moved GTY cabins to different floors but same category (inside or balcony).  I have also been extremely successful with RoyalUp (4 for 4 since the restart).  My point is yes it can be done.  Only time I was not able to even move was an upcoming Greenland cruise which I ended up just moving to a different itinerary and paying a $200 penalty.  

8 minutes ago, IJustWantToGo36 said:

Since 4V is the lowest category, if I have an Interior Guarantee, does that mean that if it is available, regardless of where they put me, and I can move to any available 4V?

Correct, assuming a NA booking and a 4V assignment.

Edited by Biker19

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

Correct.

Are you sure? What if he was assigned a higher category he can downgrade? 

I was assigned a 2w, studio last week on radiance with a inside gty and cant change.  

I read you had to be assigned a 4v to change to another 4v

4 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

The way the question was posed, I assumed the poster was talking about being assigned a 4V - you can only move to another available cabin in the same exact category. There may have been some very spotty reporting on downgrades - that is probably very YMMV.

Edited by Biker19

21 hours ago, Mullwi said:

Also, sometimes only guarante is available. My son and I booked earlier, but my daughter could not. She paid more for guaranty than we did and got deck 2. One of the interior interior cabins 🙁. She would not have booked guaranty if she had a choice.

I typically don't do guaranty because I like picking the cabin, but that was (and still is) the only category available for this cruise.

10 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I was assigned a 2w, studio last week on radiance with a inside gty and cant change.  

I read you had to be assigned a 4v to change to another 4v

that was the answer- although I dont like it

So if they give me OV they wont let me downgarde to 4v?

On 1/10/2023 at 12:41 PM, IJustWantToGo36 said:

Beed a clarification.

I like the cabins no one wants- interior all the way forward.   (4V)

Since 4V is the lowest category, if I have an Interior Guarantee, does that mean that if it is available, regardless of where they put me, and I can move to any available 4V?

No