Deluxe Spa Verandah Staterooms Nieuw Amsterdam

Wayfairers

1 hour ago, Wayfairers said:

We did something we normally wouldn’t and upgraded for an upcoming Nieuw Amsterdam cruise.   We got a Deluxe Spa Verandah Stateroom on the 11th floor.  

What do we get with this room?  Is it a good one?

It's basically like any other verandah stateroom but with a few meaningless things added to it - yoga mat, possibly a sound machine.  I think a couple bottles of water were provided complimentary, while non-spa staterooms provided them for a fee.  Basically the main difference is the location - closer to the spa.  I could care less about the spa, but I always book a cabana in the Retreat, so for me it was very convenient being just 1 deck downstairs from the Retreat.  I hardly ever used the verandah though, since I had the Retreat cabana.  

Sue/WDW1972

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wdw1972 said:

It's basically like any other verandah stateroom but with a few meaningless things added to it - yoga mat, possibly a sound machine.  I think a couple bottles of water were provided complimentary, while non-spa staterooms provided them for a fee.  Basically the main difference is the location - closer to the spa.  I could care less about the spa, but I always book a cabana in the Retreat, so for me it was very convenient being just 1 deck downstairs from the Retreat.  I hardly ever used the verandah though, since I had the Retreat cabana.  

Sue/WDW1972

Thanks!

30 minutes ago, Wayfairers said:

Are you referring to FAQs?  If so, yes.  Was hoping to hear from folks with experience in one of these rooms. 

No.   halfacts.com  is a site that provides HAL cruisers a place to post stateroom information and pictures online, and lots of other ship related information.

You may like the location of the spa cabins if you use the spa or enjoy the sports deck.  On some ships the balconies are smaller than other verandas.

3 minutes ago, oaktreerb said:

No.   halfacts.com  is a site that provides HAL cruisers a place to post stateroom information and pictures online, and lots of other ship related information.

You may like the location of the spa cabins if you use the spa or enjoy the sports deck.  On some ships the balconies are smaller than other verandas.

Ooo…haven’t found that page before.  Thanks so much!

7 hours ago, oaktreerb said:

The spa balconies are shallower than other verandas on Nieuw Amsterdam.  The seating area is closer to the main door.  I personally prefer the couch and desk to be next to the balcony door, but some people prefer the other way around. Look at the pictures below and decide for yourself what you think.

Spa Veranda         11001 – Nieuw Amsterdam | HAL Cruiser Information (halfacts.com)

Std. Veranda         7013 – Nieuw Amsterdam | HAL Cruiser Information (halfacts.com)     

As @oaktreerbmentioned, halfacts.com has pictures of the spa balconies and regular balconies to show the difference.

~Nancy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wayfairers said:

This cruise is just a week and when we’ve had a balcony we didn’t use it much so the smaller balcony isn’t an issue.  

wondering about any perks that come with this room that I might not be aware of. 

Not yet sailed with HAL but looking at an Alaska cruise for May this year in a Spa Verandah and wondered if it gives access to the Retreat ?

2 hours ago, Wayfairers said:

This cruise is just a week and when we’ve had a balcony we didn’t use it much so the smaller balcony isn’t an issue.  

wondering about any perks that come with this room that I might not be aware of. 

The location near the spa would be the perk.  You will get a yoga mat and maybe some included bottles of water.  I would not expect more than the features listed on the HAL website which is the same as any other veranda  in that category…except for the yoga mat and water.  Some people in all categories get coupons for discount services in the spa but don’t expect anything more than published on the HAL site.

• Thanks 1