Two stops at Half Moon Cay on a 7 day cruise?

LMaxwell

9 minutes ago, VermeulT said:

Interesting that the port charges for this cruise are $208 per person.  Considering HMC has none, so it's only Grand Turk and Amber Cove... $100 pp each?  seems high, no?

Not sure, but why wouldn't HMC have a port charge? 

16 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

Not sure, but why wouldn't HMC have a port charge? 

it's their port... ok so maybe not NO charge.  But this 7 day trip has $208 in port charges.  The 2024 28 day Alaska itinerary has $645 in port charges... just seems off.

Just now, VermeulT said:

it's their port... ok so maybe not NO charge.  But this 7 day trip has $208 in port charges.  The 2024 28 day Alaska itinerary has $645 in port charges... just seems off.

Definitely seems high.  These islands are long term leases from the Bahamian govt and pay head taxes to the govt for each visit.  Yes, not much, prob $10-15 per person.  I would expect 125-150 in port fees for a 7 day cruise, not over 200. 

2 hours ago, VermeulT said:

it's their port... ok so maybe not NO charge.

2 hours ago, LMaxwell said:

Definitely seems high.  These islands are long term leases from the Bahamian govt and pay head taxes to the govt for each visit.  Yes, not much, prob $10-15 per person.  I would expect 125-150 in port fees for a 7 day cruise, not over 200. 

HAL bought HMC in the mid 1990s; they (more accurately, Carnival Corp) own the island outright. HAL ships still do pay port taxes, however. 

I’m booked on this cruise. It’s perfect - sort of a cruise to nowhere. Just pure sun and relaxation.  I’m really looking forward to it. By the way there is a port charge for HMC. On my last cruise in November on Rotterdam we were supposed to have one HMC day. Our first day. But because of weather we left Fort Everglades late at night and we had to miss HMC altogether. We were refunded port charges to our OBC. If I recall correctly it was approx. fifty bucks per person. 

2 hours ago, lizinindy said:

When I go to the link provided and look at the schedule for the NA stops in HMC on Feb 11th and Feb 13th, it shows the NA twice….as if there were 2 ships named NA???

That is a flaw in one or two of the ports boards. A few years ago it had 2 HAL ships there on one day, and listed them each twice. People thought that meant there were FOUR ships there one day. Panic ensued. 

• Haha 1