Our " Getaway " to the Breakaway - NOLA 1/22/23 - live ?

JIMESOPUS

2 hours ago, wolft927 said:

We enjoy Roatan, but we always go to Little French Key when there. Will be there in April on the Joy!

We never liked this pier / location prefer the other one which is owned / run by Carnival, Mahogany Bay. Walked out to the taxi stand and several drivers yelling and screaming, turned around. 

3 hours ago, wolft927 said:

We enjoy Roatan, but we always go to Little French Key when there. Will be there in April on the Joy!

We're trying to figure out where the best place to go is. Little French Key sounds alright, if not a wee bit dramatic given the "hostages." From what I can tell that's the old owner just engaging in some monkey business as the Google reviews look fantastic! 

Another little secret observed tonight at Shakers, when it's busy they have at least two premix martinis ( chocolate and rum cake ) in the rack. What ever was in that bottle it wasn't chocolate but they coated the glass so heavy in a attempt to make taste better and yes they charged me the $3.60 upcharge. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sarahwalker2007 said:

I’ve heard the mini golf is no longer available on the breakaway. Is this true?? I’ve gotta let my kids down easy if it is, they helped pick this ship and itinerary because of the mini golf and rock wall!

Haven't been on that part of the ship, I'll check it out today weather permitting.

No laundry specials but was use our perk and we both got 1 bag each, surprised that it came back within a day, so far the only thing that was fast.

On the account front, still missing $100 OBC, ship blaming Miami but that's an easy out. 

Welcome to Cozumel - rain / thunderstorms all around, this is one port we were looking forward to.

2 hours ago, sarahwalker2007 said:

I’ve heard the mini golf is no longer available on the breakaway. Is this true?? I’ve gotta let my kids down easy if it is, they helped pick this ship and itinerary because of the mini golf and rock wall!

So no Rock Wall or Mini Golf on Breakaway. I was on last March and was gone then, 

12 minutes ago, wolft927 said:

I never seen in advertised, the Getaway has mini golf though

No mini golf or rock wall on Getaway. I was very disappointed in April when we boarded to discover both were gone, with apparently no plans to replace as they weren't back in September or January. 

2 hours ago, wolft927 said:

I never seen in advertised, the Getaway has mini golf though

Sorry I guess we just saw YouTube videos and they are outdated. Oh well! We are use to Holland America where there is only a pool for them so the ropes course and water slides will be a big upgrade on there own!

Biblical rains wash out plans for many here in Cozumel. Thought I saw an ARK go by but it was that ferry again. Starlink having issues unable to upload anything. Will try later on  

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, JIMESOPUS said:

Starlink having issues unable to upload anything

Thank you for the posts and the pictures. It's really very nice of you to take time during your vacation to do that! Apart from the issues right now, how is Starlink overall?

20 hours ago, JIMESOPUS said:

Another little secret observed tonight at Shakers, when it's busy they have at least two premix martinis ( chocolate and rum cake ) in the rack. What ever was in that bottle it wasn't chocolate but they coated the glass so heavy in a attempt to make taste better and yes they charged me the $3.60 upcharge. 

If paying over 15 dollars, I think a cocktail should be made fresh.  Not impressed.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rxlowry said:

If paying over 15 dollars, I think a cocktail should be made fresh.  Not impressed.  

We were kind of in shock when we saw that, through out the evening when things got slow they did mix a martini. Shakers used to be great, not here anymore. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

Thank you for the posts and the pictures. It's really very nice of you to take time during your vacation to do that! Apart from the issues right now, how is Starlink overall?

Godsend is one way to put it, we never had it where I could upload 10 or more photo's at one time, at night the speed is unreal to in the middle of the sea

So somewhere in the Gulf it's day #7 for most and day #19 for us. 

Should be at the Mississippi around 9 PM, port taxes start once again.

Windy has it as smooth sailing north, we are several hours behind the Carnival Glory, just like this past Sunday.

We have been talking a lot about past 18 days, sailing with an average of 4000 passengers, crew shortage, and long lines almost everywhere, I think we are done with " bigger " ships. 

Today, one more walk around, early dinner at Cagney's and then to the Prom

• Like 2

breakfast today at Taste, food was hot, missing some sides - again we had to wait. There were open tables when we sat down, they remained empty the entire time there. Bar servers, O Sheehan's and junior officers helping the normal staff.

IMG_3971.JPG

IMG_3972.JPG

IMG_3975.JPG

IMG_3974.JPG

IMG_3973.JPG

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, JIMESOPUS said:

breakfast today at Taste, food was hot, missing some sides - again we had to wait. There were open tables when we sat down, they remained empty the entire time there. Bar servers, O Sheehan's and junior officers helping the normal staff.

IMG_3971.JPG

IMG_3972.JPG

IMG_3975.JPG

IMG_3974.JPG

IMG_3973.JPG

It would be interesting to find out if the staff shortages is only due to layoffs...or if they can actually find enough workers in total.

Arrived early back in New Orleans today, hope to get off before the rain. Going to stay a few days before heading home. Yesterday was a blur, said goodbye to some of the crew that we sailed with back in November, some are getting off today as well. Have some more pictures and the dailies which I'll post soon.

Jim

• Like 4