Our " Getaway " to the Breakaway - NOLA 1/22/23 - live ?

JIMESOPUS

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Another from JIMESOPUS! Thank you for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic!"

JIMESOPUS was awarded the badge '"Live from...."' and 5 points.

Live, well that's up to the ships internet and my patience. I tried to do a live on the Prima TA, even with the a brand new ship / hardware, the internet was garbage.

Still getting those latitudes minutes ( yes I booked this cruise that far back ) along with the promo there should be enough time to cover

Hopefully we won't make that wrong turn at Albuquerque.

And at the end will I be able to say " I love it when a plan comes together "

• Like 2

We have sailed several time on breakaway and more times out of New Orleans! Sailing down Mississippi River is very scenic! Only downside is be ready to be charged taxes on all drinks untill you exit the mouth of the Mississippi into the Gulf of Mexico,  about 6 to 8 hours 

Day 2 - I'm not doing a live review of the Getaway only the Breakaway but will give daily updates if I can get the internet, so far that's been very poor.

Long line at guest services all day.

No Syds, movies in main theater, Cagney's last was empty at 6PM.  

Quick updated - internet in the cabin has bad real bad, seems public areas have better coverage?

Long lines continue at Guest services and the internet manager .

Live link to this cruise

• Thanks 1

So it's been real tough to upload anything from the cabin unless it's after 0100. Roamed the public areas and found the internet better. First day at sea, couple of photos of the M&G and yesterday conditions. Syds was open but almost full before the door was open to the folks in steerage.

IMG_3487.JPG

IMG_3486.JPG

IMG_3483.JPG

IMG_3484.JPG

IMG_3482.JPG

IMG_3481.JPG

• Like 1

@cruiseny4life He (Jim) as OP, is currently on the GA, sailing with Laszlo & others and ran the Roll Call, M&G ... but not doing a Live Report, just posting as needed.  He is then hopping over to the BA that sail on 1/22 out of NOLA, not going back home up the Hudson ... staying somewhere between 1/20 after disembarking GA before embarking the BA.  I think, that is his plan - just starting his real Live Report focused on the BA 2 weeks early, LOL.  

Keep us CC "addicts" busy following the trails, read & post, and comments, etc. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mking8288 said:

@cruiseny4life He (Jim) as OP, is currently on the GA, sailing with Laszlo & others and ran the Roll Call, M&G ... but not doing a Live Report, just posting as needed.  He is then hopping over to the BA that sail on 1/22 out of NOLA, not going back home up the Hudson ... staying somewhere between 1/20 after disembarking GA before embarking the BA.  I think, that is his plan - just starting his real Live Report focused on the BA 2 weeks early, LOL.  

Keep us CC "addicts" busy following the trails, read & post, and comments, etc. 

Hey! I'm all for reports, lives, whatever! It keeps me from going crazy since I'm not on a ship at this time. The false rolling of the waves has finally stopped, so I really am land-based again. 😞 Thanks to everyone for keeping my spirits up by posting!

• Haha 1

@cruiseny4life It's a good thing I finished my morning cup of Joe already or else ... that's among the first change DW noticed a few days after a cruise.  I "regret" to share a secret with you, there is no cure for missing the rolling seas and the remedy is to just move and do the next cruise, sooner the better - think you are set to go again soon.  I was going to edit my last post here, that @JIMESOPUS is probably using NCL Air with either 1 or maybe 2 day deviation, leave the GA next Friday & use the $50 shorex credit to do the direct airport transfer, relax & fly to NOLA (that hang around in NYC, which he can do easily year-round) being that it's winter (already it's rather nice & warm here, wearing shorts inside our townhouse) - as that take the stress of flying these days ... and perhaps, go check out Bourbon Street before boarding on the 22nd.  How's that for "detective" work in guessing his scheme 😉   And, GA's WiFi remains unreliable and inconsistent - apparently.  

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

Ok, I'm confused good sir! Are you on the Breakaway or Getaway? Based on the officer list, I'd say the Getaway as those faces in your last photo are very familiar. And, I know Metin was our GM last week.

@cruiseny4lifeHow about the Getaway now and the Breakaway 1/22/23 .. it's our way for a B2B. Sailing out of NYC it's always the same itinerary so what wrong with a 20 hr turn around. Hopefully Southwest will do it's part and get us to NOLA on time.

2 hours ago, mking8288 said:

@cruiseny4life It's a good thing I finished my morning cup of Joe already or else ... that's among the first change DW noticed a few days after a cruise.  I "regret" to share a secret with you, there is no cure for missing the rolling seas and the remedy is to just move and do the next cruise, sooner the better - think you are set to go again soon.  I was going to edit my last post here, that @JIMESOPUS is probably using NCL Air with either 1 or maybe 2 day deviation, leave the GA next Friday & use the $50 shorex credit to do the direct airport transfer, relax & fly to NOLA (that hang around in NYC, which he can do easily year-round) being that it's winter (already it's rather nice & warm here, wearing shorts inside our townhouse) - as that take the stress of flying these days ... and perhaps, go check out Bourbon Street before boarding on the 22nd.  How's that for "detective" work in guessing his scheme 😉   And, GA's WiFi remains unreliable and inconsistent - apparently.  

@mking8288Actually, it's get off the GA, drive 90 minutes north, the following morning drive north to Albany and pray Southwest is OK, hope to arrive on time Saturday for the daily Bourbon Street bar crawl.

The wifi has improved some in the cabin but is much better in public areas, especially near bars, please excuse the bad grammar looks OK to me. LOL

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, JIMESOPUS said:

@cruiseny4lifeHow about the Getaway now and the Breakaway 1/22/23 .. it's our way for a B2B. Sailing out of NYC it's always the same itinerary so what wrong with a 20 hr turn around. Hopefully Southwest will do it's part and get us to NOLA on time.

Ahh! Well I hope all the flight issues are out of the way by the time you fly down to NOLA. Sounds like a great couple of weeks!!

Dinner with Officers went well, two tables with about 10 PAX per. At ours we had the Environmental Officer  ( lost his card ) and the Assistant General Manager ( Goran Rorbek ), interesting conversations thru out the night. Cruise tip of the day, if you love the music of Syd's but don't like being packed in, go outside and enjoy the music, speakers sound pretty good.

First windy morning since day 1 but it's 83 at 800

IMG_3539.JPG

• Like 2

Day #6, Docked at the Cargo terminal, folks complained as usual guess they didn't know the Epic was arriving today. Been here and done that several times, walked around downtown then onto Central Market then the straw market. Listen to Rumors rehearsal today, outside, band sounds great.

2159 miles to New Orleans

IMG_3562.JPG

IMG_3560.JPG

IMG_3559.JPG

IMG_3557.JPG

IMG_3556.JPG

IMG_3555.JPG

IMG_3552.JPG

IMG_3549.JPG

IMG_3547.JPG

IMG_3546.JPG

IMG_3545.JPG

IMG_3544.JPG

IMG_3543.JPG

IMG_3541.JPG

IMG_3540.JPG

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JIMESOPUS said:

Day #6, Docked at the Cargo terminal, folks complained as usual guess they didn't know the Epic was arriving today. Been here and done that several times, walked around downtown then onto Central Market then the straw market. Listen to Rumors rehearsal today, outside, band sounds great.

2159 miles to New Orleans

IMG_3562.JPG

IMG_3560.JPG

IMG_3559.JPG

IMG_3557.JPG

IMG_3556.JPG

IMG_3555.JPG

IMG_3552.JPG

IMG_3549.JPG

IMG_3547.JPG

IMG_3546.JPG

IMG_3545.JPG

IMG_3544.JPG

IMG_3543.JPG

IMG_3541.JPG

IMG_3540.JPG

Since I'm nosy, I looked at your cruise spreadsheet. I noticed "The Shrike" on the meet and greet page. Did they attend? I haven't seen this poster in several months and enjoyed their contributions. Thanks for entertaining the awkward, stalker type post.

• Haha 2