Sea Views Photography Exhibition

Host Hattie

From the Cunard website-

"To celebrate 100 years of our first round the world voyage, we are partnering with British photographer and filmmaker Mary McCartney to curate a special centennial ‘Sea Views’ exhibition, featuring never before seen imagery from the Cunard archives, together with a selection of photos submitted by our guests of past journeys over the decades.

The new exhibition launching in 2023 will capture the very essence of life on board Cunard’s fleet of ships from the 1920s to the present day, showcasing the changing styles from fashion to food, interior design to activities and telling the story of our guests who have voyaged with us.

With previous guests including Hollywood icons like Audrey Hepburn and Bing Crosby, we will open up our archives to select never before seen photographs to reveal the glamour and grandeur for which Cunard is renowned.

In addition to the archives, we are calling on past and present guests, along with anyone connected to Cunard, to delve into their old photo albums, search out holiday scrapbooks and flick through their phones to find special moments they’ve captured when travelling on board, and submit them for a chance to be included in the centennial ‘Sea Views’ exhibition.

To enter, simply send a digital photo of your memory and email to cunardphotography@cunard.co.uk along with your name, age, the ship the image was captured on, the date it was taken and a short description of the photograph and contact details by 5 February 2023.

You will be notified if your image is selected to appear in the centennial ‘Sea Views’ exhibition by 17 February 2023."

https://www.cunard.com/en-gb/inspiration/sea-views

Good luck if anyone enters.

How about posting your own favourite photograph here ?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

I'll start with my favorite photo of QE2. This was taken during our one and only time on board QE2. It shows her final call to Geiranger, Norway on June 28, 2008.

560709483_QE2Geiranger.thumb.jpg.52160a06c3aa4af1376da2023ba4654f.jpg

We were on that voyage too. I remember a wonderful sendoff from Stavanger.

I’m sorry, we’ve got ours wires crossed between us. QE2’s final visit to Geiranger was on August 8th. She did not call at Bergen on that trip, which I was on, but did twice in June. I knew there was a reason to keep all the Cunard stuff!

1 hour ago, exlondoner said:

I’m sorry, we’ve got ours wires crossed between us. QE2’s final visit to Geiranger was on August 8th. She did not call at Bergen on that trip, which I was on, but did twice in June. I knew there was a reason to keep all the Cunard stuff!

You are quite correct of course. My apologies! That Geiranger photo of mine from June 2008 is not showing quite as historic an event as I had thought. Thank you for that correction.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bluemarble said:

I'll start with my favorite photo of QE2. This was taken during our one and only time on board QE2. It shows her final call to Geiranger, Norway on June 28, 2008.

560709483_QE2Geiranger.thumb.jpg.52160a06c3aa4af1376da2023ba4654f.jpg

Thank you, Bluemarble - your wonderful photograph has been my screen saver for the last five or six years and I often wondered from whence I snaffled it - now I know. 😊

Edited by AnnieC
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

Thank you, Bluemarble - your wonderful photograph has been my screen saver for the last five or six years and I often wondered from whence I snaffled it - now I know. 😊

I'm flattered! Thanks!

I think the first time on Cruise Critic I posted that photo (actually one very similar to it from a series taken the same day) showing QE2 in Geiranger was in August 2020 when I posted it on our "Where in the World?" thread, back when we were still fairly early into that amazing thread. I think I also posted it on a now-defunct QE2 message board during late 2010 or early 2011. That contribution may have led to your finding it five or six years ago. Or it's equally likely I may have forgotten somewhere else I posted it.

However you found it, I'm glad you did and am very happy to hear you have enjoyed using it as a screen saver. Thanks for your kind words.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/9/2023 at 2:48 PM, Host Hattie said:

This is one of my favourites, our first cruise, QE2's final season 

CIMG0327.jpg

@Host HattieDo you have a version of that where you can actually see yourself?

If not would you like one?

I thought it was an ideal shot to try out some of the wizardry in the Gimp2 photo processing freeware that I use. Of course it changes some of the other colours in the photo at same time as it highlights you.

Can I attach a photo to the report function if you didn't want it published?

Edited by D&N
  • Like 1