Solstice 2025 Asia cruise canceled

Susanb10567

I’m so disappointed….just checked my cruise page to print my luggage tags for my February 6th Summit cruise and I noticed I had a canceled cruise … I had no idea what it was…to my surprise it was my Vietnam/Thailand cruise on the Solstice on 2/7/25…the crazy thing is my friend literally just decided to join us and deposited on Saturday….anyone know what is going on with this…has the Solstice been redeployed or chartered …is there another ship taking over the itinerary…I have gotten no notice from my TA or Celebrity…I know it is far out but still disappointed 

When I read this post, I was worried that my Dec 2023 Solstice (Asia) cruise was cancelled as well.  I am pre-disposed to believing that since it has been cancelled 3 times already.  It still appears on my Cruise Planner and shows no indication of being cancelled.

When I look at the Solstice sailings available for booking in 2025 (Jan - Mar), there are 3 sailings listed and several dates missing.

Edited by mahdnc

2 minutes ago, Cruise Gopher said:

It looks like a bunch of them were canceled in early 2025. Maybe a dry dock or something?D3AC4C5F-899C-4F6E-A065-873EA0A6DC09.thumb.jpeg.e0c8f1983fb83bae02b663619df26e2f.jpeg

That's 60 days of sailing that was removed from the schedule.  That does sound like extended dry dock time--perhaps to get her long delayed Revolution makeover.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

Because the cancellation is for a cruise that is so far into the future, expect little or no compensation for the affected passengers.

I just looked at the only available sailing from Hong Kong for the same itinerary. The cost is so much higher than what we paid, doesn’t have the same onboard credit offer either. Hopefully the honour the rate and promo and switch us over to the other sailing. 

never had this happen however so really don’t know what to expect. 

3 minutes ago, UKLloyd said:

I just looked at the only available sailing from Hong Kong for the same itinerary. The cost is so much higher than what we paid, doesn’t have the same onboard credit offer either. Hopefully the honour the rate and promo and switch us over to the other sailing. 

never had this happen however so really don’t know what to expect. 

I didn't think of that form of compensation--perhaps they will price protect you if you choose another equivalent sailing.  I am sorry this happen to you; good luck.  Let us know what the eventual outcome is, please.

Was able to get price protection including the OBC I had from Black Friday and because it was an OBB….it took quite awhile for my TA to convince the agents that it is canceled….since it was still showing as active in some of their systems….

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Susanb10567 said:

Was able to get price protection including the OBC I had from Black Friday and because it was an OBB….it took quite awhile for my TA to convince the agents that it is canceled….since it was still showing as active in some of their systems….

Well that is good news. I will have to speak to celebrity in the morning and try to do the same, I booked directly with them. 

Did you move to the march 15th sailing?

My only concern is that if the ship is indeed going in for a dry dock, She may not be fully ready for that sailing. Don’t want to fly from the UK to Hong Kong only to end up having the sailing cancelled anyway. 

Such a shame this has happened. 

14 hours ago, Susanb10567 said:

I’m so disappointed….just checked my cruise page to print my luggage tags for my February 6th Summit cruise and I noticed I had a canceled cruise … I had no idea what it was…to my surprise it was my Vietnam/Thailand cruise on the Solstice on 2/7/25…the crazy thing is my friend literally just decided to join us and deposited on Saturday….anyone know what is going on with this…has the Solstice been redeployed or chartered …is there another ship taking over the itinerary…I have gotten no notice from my TA or Celebrity…I know it is far out but still disappointed 

Your TA is responsible to notify you, not Celebrity

So I just spoke with celebrity. They advised that while some cruises have been cancelled. Ours has not. 

I contested it, However the nice person on the phone was adamant our cruise is going ahead.

So I don't know what is going on. 

8 minutes ago, UKLloyd said:

So I just spoke with celebrity. They advised that while some cruises have been cancelled. Ours has not. 

I contested it, However the nice person on the phone was adamant our cruise is going ahead.

So I don't know what is going on. 

Edited by Susanb10567
Error

6 minutes ago, Susanb10567 said:

It took awhile for my TA to get someone to realize that it was canceled…he was never notified but I noticed on my cruise planner page that the voyage was canceled…which cruise were you on?

We are booked onto the feb 19 2025 out of Hong Kong. 

Earlier in the call they confirmed its cancelled, Then went away and came back and said its not. 

I have not had a cancellation email however and the booking still shows in my cruise planner. So maybe its not. Who knows.

5 minutes ago, UKLloyd said:

We are booked onto the feb 19 2025 out of Hong Kong. 

Earlier in the call they confirmed its cancelled, Then went away and came back and said its not. 

I have not had a cancellation email however and the booking still shows in my cruise planner. So maybe its not. Who knows.

The fact that your sailing is no longer available for booking on Celebrity's system is not a good sign.  If Celebrity cancels a cruise, that is usually their first visible step.  However not all cruises that suddenly become unavailable for booking end up as cancellations either.

1 hour ago, mahdnc said:

The fact that your sailing is no longer available for booking on Celebrity's system is not a good sign.  If Celebrity cancels a cruise, that is usually their first visible step.  However not all cruises that suddenly become unavailable for booking end up as cancellations either.

If it does turn out to be the case that this cruise is cancelled, When do you think Celebrity will let us know?

I know its a long way off, However would still like to know.

22 minutes ago, UKLloyd said:

If it does turn out to be the case that this cruise is cancelled, When do you think Celebrity will let us know?

Keep checking your cruise planner…the only way I found out was that on the home page it said the voyage was canceled…but my friend in the same sailing does not have that…at this point I don’t know what is right…

While I have no insider knowledge.   In the past when a number of cruises disappear it is an indication of whole ship charters are being negotiated.   They often pull the sailing and don't actually cancel it until the final contracts are signed.   Asia is a big market for full ship charters.

2 hours ago, UKLloyd said:

My experience from having been associated with one pre-COVID cruise cancellation is to NOT wait to be notified.  The information flow from within Celebrity and the flow out to the public is uneven especially if the news is late/fast breaking.  If you wait, you may get the news much later than everyone else.

The biggest reason I can think of for not waiting is if you want to rebook on another sailing.  You want to be able to have your pick of cabins when you do that before the crowd moves in.  There are a lot of people who are disappointed that their favorite cabin on the new sailing is gone or that a certain cabin category may not be available anymore.  There is also the remote possibility of being able to get something done through Celebrity that may not be offered to later passengers because an official policy is eventually issued.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My Feb 7 cruise booking is amongst those cancelled. I found out when logged into X website. I'm looking for a Feb 2025 cruise that includes Bangkok. I guess I'll have to wait for Princess and HAL to release 2025 Asia itineraries. Or I could pay 2X-6X and go on one of the very nice Regent, Silversea, Azamara, or Oceania itineraries.

Edited by Mercruiser