Carry on luggage

travelmama06

We are planning on only using carry on luggage for our upcoming cruise !

(of course this is mainly due to our flight itinerary which has a connecting flight and we are wanting to avoid any lost luggage issues) 

my question is : will we be able to check our bags with the cruise line at embarkation so we don’t have to drag them around until our cabin is ready - I have our baggage tags for ncl printed etc !!

( I’m assuming this should be ok and no fear of losing them at that point 🤷‍♀️)

thanks 

ps: the countdown is on !!

Edited by travelmama06
Spelling

Yes, that will be fine. Only suggestion you'll see folks say here is to keep any meds or anything super important still with you. Just because you give them the bag, doesn't mean it will make it on the ship. Things can still happen, we're all just human. So anything that is vital, still keep with you in person.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Diver2014 said:

Your carry on bag will have to be small enough to fit through the scanning machine before you check in.  I don't know of any place on board where you can check a bag until your room is ready. 

I believe that OP is talking about giving it to the porters like they would do with a larger suitcase, before they reach the scanning machine...

• Like 1

We usually bring full size suitcases and check them at the port. Our next cruise we're taking two carry-on size bags (the kind that fit in the overhead bins on planes). Are those bags typically small enough to go through the x-ray? We'd like to keep our bags with us, if possible.

2 hours ago, travelmama06 said:

Our check in time is 2 - 2:30 

I think we will keep them - if we made it that far without any issues what’s another hour or so !

thanks everyone!

if you're showing up this late, definitely keep them.  You should be able to go straight to your room when you board.  I've never been on a cruise where the rooms were not available by this time.

Just now, schmoopie17 said:

We usually bring full size suitcases and check them at the port. Our next cruise we're taking two carry-on size bags (the kind that fit in the overhead bins on planes). Are those bags typically small enough to go through the x-ray? We'd like to keep our bags with us, if possible.

absolutely 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

if it fits the scanner at the airport, it will fit at similar scanner at the cruise port 

both airport and cruise port use similar scanning machines

• Thanks 1