No more Sierra Mist!

tpooleinjax

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2023 at 5:11 PM, Bostwick girl said:

Hey neighbor, thanks for the info! While I don’t drink it specifically, my neighbor does with her light rum, but only because they don’t have diet sprite anymore. I’ll send her the info so she can check it out before being stuck with it on a cruise!

Hey neighbor!

Edited by tpooleinjax
mistake
  • Like 1

I read an article in a food industry periodical I get (I work in packaging materials for food).

Pepsico said, without outright admitting it, that Starry was designed to taste more like Sprite, since the majority of people in taste tests preferred Sprint over Sierra Mist.

7 minutes ago, K&RCurt said:

I read an article in a food industry periodical I get (I work in packaging materials for food).

Pepsico said, without outright admitting it, that Starry was designed to taste more like Sprite, since the majority of people in taste tests preferred Sprint over Sierra Mist.

I guess that means they simply added more sugar to it...

Tom

On 1/12/2023 at 6:29 PM, tweak89 said:

Pepsi products + mixed drinks= YUCK!!!!  🤣😁🤣 Never since the beginning of time has anyone walked into a bar and said:  Rum and Pepsi please!  Seven and Mountain Dew!   I'm conflicted, as we are cruising with a Cheers! promotion, but can't stomach the idea of Crown and Pepsi 😭 So lot's of martinis, tequila sunrises and salty dogs and "neat" drinks.

Fun Fact: Mountain Dew was originally intended as a mixer for moonshine. The same bottler in Johnson City, TN who started bottling Mountain Dew also bottled a drink packed full of vitamins,(especially B which alcohol drains from your system) called Dr. Enuff, and is still a local favorite to this day. You can also find it in any Cracker Barrel nationwide.

Speaking of Mountain Dew and Starry, remember Mtn Dew ICE? Yeah, that's Starry. Generic lemon-lime soda. albeit a bit more flavorful in my opinion. It's why it never kept the Mtn Dew branding.

5 hours ago, K&RCurt said:

Remember, Pepsi has gone through quite a few L&L sodas trying to compete with Sprite.  There was MistTwist, there was Slice and also Teem.  I've always liked Pepsi's previous L&L variants better than Sprite (but always preferred Coca Cola to Pepsi Cola).  We have a bottle of Starry that we haven't tried yet.   Hopefully it's fine.   I prefer Iced Tea to any of them anyway, and will probably drink that on our upcoming cruises.

• Like 1