Upgrade Advantage Interpretation?

Red-Sol

Was just about to pull the trigger on bidding for a cabin upgrade (From Balcony to Spa Balcony) on an upcoming cruise until is saw this :

" I acknowledge that the upgrade does not include any additional promotions, that the cabin will be assigned based on space availability, and that once accepted, the upgrade is final and non-refundable. I confirm that I accept the full terms of service"

What I don't totally understand is the bolded portion....does that mean that the upgrade doesn't carry with it any of the original free at sea perks that we recieved when booking.... and is more like a sailaway? Or does it simply mean additional promotions to what we currently have?

Anyone know for sure?

11 minutes ago, Red-Sol said:

Was just about to pull the trigger on bidding for a cabin upgrade (From Balcony to Spa Balcony) on an upcoming cruise until is saw this :

" I acknowledge that the upgrade does not include any additional promotions, that the cabin will be assigned based on space availability, and that once accepted, the upgrade is final and non-refundable. I confirm that I accept the full terms of service"

What I don't totally understand is the bolded portion....does that mean that the upgrade doesn't carry with it any of the original free at sea perks that we recieved when booking.... and is more like a sailaway? Or does it simply mean additional promotions to what we currently have?

Anyone know for sure?

You do not lose any promotions.

• Thanks 1

You do not lose any promotions. That sentence however means that if the new category would have better promotions you don't get the better perks just by upgrading into it. For example a higher cabin category might mean more speciality dinners but if you just upgrade into it you won't get more speciality dinners. You keep what you originally had. 

Edited by European_CruiseGirl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, European_CruiseGirl said:

You do not lose any promotions. That sentence however means that if the new category would have better promotions you don't get the better perks just by upgrading into it. For example a higher cabin category might mean more speciality dinners but if you just upgrade into it you won't get more speciality dinners. You keep what you originally had. 

actually, you do get the extra dinners.  The perk is the dinners, not the amount.  So if you didn't have dinners at all, you wouldn't get the dinner perk.  and i'm speaking from experience.  I won an upgrade from an inside (1 dinner) to balcony and I received an extra dinner since balconies and above receive 2 dinners with FAS.  I was charged the extra gratuities along with my bid amount