Odd Have it All Questions

Unlvswezel

Because I'm traveling with my children and we booked two rooms I have to have my DW on one reservation with a child(16) and another reservation for me and our other child(7). 

I'm looking at booking the Have It All package (which we have used before) but have some odd questions based on our reservation.

Can the Have It All be purchased on ship? if so from where?and can it be purchased for one if purchased on board? 

If I purchase the Have it All, can I still upgrade my drink package to Elite onboard? We've done this before and just wondering if policies have changed.

Last odd question, not Have it All related, but anyone have success booking one room for adults and one room for kids (16 & 7)? If we were able to do that it would completely solve our problem.   

thanks!

We were able to book one room for adults and one for kids (15, 12) on the Prinsendam. The key to doing it was that the rooms (401 and 403) were connecting rooms with a private corridor. We had to do the booking direct with HAL and were told that under normal circumstances there had to be 1 adult ( I think min age 18) in each room but due to the uniqueness of some staterooms on the Prinsendam they would permit it. To the best of my knowledge none of the current HAL ships have any staterooms that meet that criteria.  

Screen Shot 2023-01-12 at 8.59.15 PM.png

You couldn’t buy have it all on the ship when i was on board a few days ago.

good suggestion by tartanmom - all the ships have some connecting rooms - might be worth a call to HaL

4 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Yes, you can upgrade the drink plan on board. You do it at a bar, and you have to do it before you buy ANY drinks.

You may not need to upgrade to the Elite plan.  On the Nieuw Statendam last month, you just paid for the overage (plus 18% tip on overage) for drinks in excess of the $11 SBP price limit.  I don't know if this change has been adopted fleetwide though.  If this is available on your ship, you may find occasionally paying the overage is cheaper than the full package upgrade price.

Since you have 1 adult in each room, can't you just buy 1 beverage pkg or 1 HIA for each room?  I thought under aged kids were not allowed the SBP anyway?   Guess I don't know the rules when buying HIA for underaged children.  But why they would make you pay full price for HIA when the kids couldn't use the SBP portion of the pkg doesn't make sense to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Mrs Fan and I are sailing in Aug with the HIA via the "Best Deal Ever" sale.  We are on the Rotterdam.

Can I upgrade just myself or do both persons have to upgrade?

What would the upgrade cost be?

I assume that I need to upgrade first thing once we board

Does anyone have a link or PDF file of a drinks menu with pricing for the Rotterdam?

I've seen conflicting information on drinks above the $11 threshold. Do you pay for the entire cost of the new drink or just the overage? 

Edited by fsufancc
Another question

53 minutes ago, fsufancc said:

Mrs Fan and I are sailing in Aug with the HIA via the "Best Deal Ever" sale.  We are on the Rotterdam.

Can I upgrade just myself or do both persons have to upgrade?

What would the upgrade cost be?

I assume that I need to upgrade first thing once we board

Does anyone have a link or PDF file of a drinks menu with pricing for the Rotterdam?

I've seen conflicting information on drinks above the $11 threshold. Do you pay for the entire cost of the new drink or just the overage? 

If you upgrade to the Elite Beverage Package, both in your cabin have to upgrade.  Regarding pricing, they had the new feature on the Nieuw Statendam in Dec where you just pay the overage above $11 plus 18% gratuity on the overage.  I can't say for sure whether they have implemented the new plan across all ships in the fleet.

This guy's site has a great collection of HAL food and beverage menus, sample daily programs, etc.  The pricing should be the same, or close to the same, on the Rotterdam.

Roger Jett Photography - Digital Images in Time Roger Jett Photography (rogerjett-photography.com)

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, AFNavigator said:

Regarding pricing, they had the new feature on the Nieuw Statendam in Dec where you just pay the overage above $11 plus 18% gratuity on the overage.  I can't say for sure whether they have implemented the new plan across all ships in the fleet.

On Rotterdam in November 2022, it was the same.  Just pay the overage plus gratuity.  It's a good policy!

~Nancy

• Thanks 1