Vaccines and testing now required on some sailings

Markanddonna

OK. We’ve come up with a plan, until the rules change again of course. What do you think?

We will each take a self-administered FDA-approved antigen test prior to heading to the airport to fly to Sydney, where once we arrive we will head straight to the ship. Then place the negative test results next to each of our photo ids (drivers license), and then take a picture with our iPhone with both sets in the same photo to record the date and time. We will also take extra antigen tests with us just in case. 

What do you think? Sound like a feasible plan?

10 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

OK. We’ve come up with a plan, until the rules change again of course. What do you think?

We will each take a self-administered FDA-approved antigen test prior to heading to the airport to fly to Sydney, where once we arrive we will head straight to the ship. Then place the negative test results next to each of our photo ids (drivers license), and then take a picture with our iPhone with both sets in the same photo to record the date and time. We will also take extra antigen tests with us just in case. 

Works for me.  You would be under 48 hours, I think, and avoid the confusion of time zone changes in the date of the pic.   

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ldubs said:

Works for me.  You would be under 48 hours, I think, and avoid the confusion of time zone changes in the date of the pic.   

Nope. Just checked the Celebrity Australia and New Zealand arrival guidelines again on their website and it lists the test needs to be taken no earlier than 1 day rather than 2 days prior to embarkation day. Gee, wouldn't it be nice if Celebrity would get their Australia/New Zealand and transpacific requirements in sync.

So I guess we’ll be taking our “official” antigen test the day we arrive in Sydney on Apr 19 as we board our flight from Alabama Apr 17, remembering the International Date Line adds another day! 😂

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/australia-new-zealand-travel-requirements

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/transatlantic-travel-requirements

1 minute ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Nope. Just checked the Celebrity Australia and New Zealand arrival guidelines again on their website and it lists the test needs to be taken no earlier than 1 day rather than 2 days prior to embarkation day. Gee, wouldn't it be nice if Celebrity would get their Australia/New Zealand and transpacific requirements in sync.

So I guess we’ll be taking our “official” antigen test the day we arrive in Sydney on Apr 19 as we board our flight from Alabama Apr 17, remembering the International Date Line adds another day! 😂

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/australia-new-zealand-travel-requirements

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/transatlantic-travel-requirements

I would forget the time zone change and just go by the test being within 24 hours.   Course, with layovers, it could take you more than 24 hours (if Aukland is your destination, I'm sure it will).    Taking the test when you arrive avoids any issues for sure.   Taking the photo when you arrive --  well you know that will work too. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ldubs said:

I would forget the time zone change and just go by the test being within 24 hours.   Course, with layovers, it could take you more than 24 hours (if Aukland is your destination, I'm sure it will).    Taking the test when you arrive avoids any issues for sure.   Taking the photo when you arrive --  well you know that will work too. 

Actually, Sydney is our destination, which of course is even a longer trek.

Unfortunately all cruise lines are trying to dance the fine line between government regulations and what revenue passengers are willing to accept.

Unfortunately with the current government policies worldwide, the debit all of the cruise lines are carrying, coupled with the ongoing China COVID situation  (not knowing when the next worldwide shutdowns may happen) I personally wouldn’t commit any deposits for future cruises unless you are not willing and able to forfeit the the total future cruise deposit. 

again, just IMO….

24 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Actually, Sydney is our destination, which of course is even a longer trek.

When we went out of SFO to Aukland we had a layover in Sydney.  It was a long transit.  I think 21 hours including the layover.   Tired as I was,  we met up with relatives in Aukland for dinner.  I was a lot younger those days.  Haha.    

I hope we get to go back one of these days.    

20 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

The only problem I have is the do we need a supervised test or self test for a transatlantic 

we plan on getting the next booster 2 weeks before our next cruise in April 

For TA in October the instructions were very clear that we needed a supervised test, which we had done prior to embarkation. Imagine my surprise to meet a fellow cruiser on board who just presented a photo of a self administered test.

1 hour ago, cruisegirlppp said:

For TA in October the instructions were very clear that we needed a supervised test, which we had done prior to embarkation. Imagine my surprise to meet a fellow cruiser on board who just presented a photo of a self administered test.

I know in September we had to show a copy of our test in Copenhagen to get on the ship 

I wonder if Celebrity mean that children that unvaccinated need a supervised tested and if you are vaccinated a self test is good enough 🤔

The rules are confusing.  We are just about to book the ten day Caribbean prior to our Silhouette TA as B2B and I am wondering about testing for the TA.  We are fully vaccinated and boosted, including the bivalent shot, but would like some certainty about testing.

Sheila

21 minutes ago, smtcan said:

The rules are confusing.  We are just about to book the ten day Caribbean prior to our Silhouette TA as B2B and I am wondering about testing for the TA.  We are fully vaccinated and boosted, including the bivalent shot, but would like some certainty about testing.

Sheila

Our TA phoned yesterday, they told her if you are vaccinated a self test is ok 

This is for the April Reflection TA 

That would be ok for us 

Mark 

Edited by Ex-Airbalancer

14 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Good plan.    Somehow I didn't read the the second line that said self administered test.    We have both the Benax Monitored and Unmonitored kits on hand.   Actually I just clicked the button on the USPS site and they sent me 4 more Benax unmonitored kits by the next day.

I'm sure we will take a picture of the results in lieu of bringing the test card itself.  

What I really don't understand of these stupid requirements is what would stop someone from taking one test and taking two pictures of it -   Many of my non-Benax kits don't have a serial number on them -  the QR code only identifies the manufacturer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Our TA phoned yesterday, they told her if you are vaccinated a self test is ok 

This is for the April Reflection TA 

That would be ok for us 

Mark 

Thanks for the information.    I'm sure it will be the same for the Apex.

3 hours ago, smtcan said:

Sheila

Per the above and Celebrity Website -- if Vaxed just take a couple of you Self Tests with you and take them at least 2 days before turn around day and take a picture of the results -   Self Test Unmonitored.

Guests must present a negative antigen test result taken within 2 days prior to sailing and no more than 2 days before their sailing.

Accepted tests are PCR or antigen tests taken in person, supervised virtually, or unsupervised self-administered. Proof of a negative test can be the printed or digital results, a clear photo of your self-test result, or your actual self-test in hand. 

23 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

If I might ask then. If the transatlantic/transpacific "monitored" testing rules have been in place for awhile, does Celebrity provide complimentary tests prior to transition day if you're on a B2B with the TA/TP cruise being the second leg?

Back to Back MONITORED testing is currently occurring on all of the Eclipse sailings "down under".  Your B2B test, which the staff will conduct on you/to you, will also serve as the test that is required for the TransPacific.  I too will be on the TP with you, however we are not doing the 3 day taster cruise prior.  We board the Eclipse on March 26, I have been following all of the Eclipse roll calls closely.  The monitored B2B testing is another testing issue that seems to have come as a big surprise to many who thought that B2B testing was a relic of the past - but alas, it is very much alive and well "down under" due the government regs down there.

• Thanks 3

23 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Good plan.    Somehow I didn't read the the second line that said self administered test.    We have both the Benax Monitored and Unmonitored kits on hand.   Actually I just clicked the button on the USPS site and they sent me 4 more Benax unmonitored kits by the next day.

I'm sure we will take a picture of the results in lieu of bringing the test card itself.  

What I really don't understand of these stupid requirements is what would stop someone from taking one test and taking two pictures of it -   Many of my non-Benax kits don't have a serial number on them -  the QR code only identifies the manufacturer.

Whelp, the plan has changed again. See post #30. 😂

Edited by Ken the cruiser

Read very closely as surely, clarification will be (should be?) forthcoming - contradictory information within a few lines - stating that the test is supervised, but also a few lines down, unsupervised is fine.  

Pre-Arrival Covid-19 Testing

All guests ages 2 and older must present a digital or physical copy of a supervised, negative COVID-19 test result at check-in to board their sailing.  

Guests must present a negative antigen test result taken within 2 days prior to sailing and no more than 2 days before their sailing.

Accepted tests are PCR or antigen tests taken in person, supervised virtually, or unsupervised self-administered. Proof of a negative test can be the printed or digital results, a clear photo of your self-test result, or your actual self-test in hand.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lexmiller said:

a digital or physical copy of a supervised, negative COVID-19 test result at check-in to board their sailing.  

I read that as if you have a supervised test, one must present a digital or physical result.  Self-test falls under the portion that follows (photo or actual).

• Like 1

On 1/15/2023 at 11:02 AM, lexmiller said:

Read very closely as surely, clarification will be (should be?) forthcoming - contradictory information within a few lines - stating that the test is supervised, but also a few lines down, unsupervised is fine.  

Pre-Arrival Covid-19 Testing

All guests ages 2 and older must present a digital or physical copy of a supervised, negative COVID-19 test result at check-in to board their sailing.  

How long do self test stocks keep the result? And how do they know the picture isn’t someone else’s?

16 minutes ago, MALLE said:

How long do self test stocks keep the result? And how do they know the picture isn’t someone else’s?

I have to agree.   I think it is just a feel good test for Celebrity.  

I said the same to Iain yesterday with a couple what if scenarios -

1.  What if I took a picture of mine and then air dropped a copy on you phone.  It would still show the original date and time of picture.

2.   What if you didn't actually swab your nose and just put 4 drops of the reagent on the test -  It would of course show negative and the Control line would show up.

BTW - at least on the tests I've use they show the test results for at least 48 hours after you take the test.    When we had Covid and tested for 11 days I noticed the old tests in the garbage can were still showing the results.

On 1/15/2023 at 11:16 AM, jwlane said:

I read that as if you have a supervised test, one must present a digital or physical result.  Self-test falls under the portion that follows (photo or actual).

That's how I read it and also had confirmed by the Zenith desk.   If you do a self unsupervised test you need to take a photo or bring the actual test with you.   For the photo they confirm under information the original date and time of the photo.    I guess if you print  copy which is also acceptable  they have no way to confirm date and time