Thermal Spa Questions

New2cruise2022

1) Can you bring a beverage into the suite or is it water only?

2) Is there access to a locker area? Are there actual lockers (with locks) for use and is there a shower area in the locker room?

3) What are typical hours for the spa? 

Thanks!

***Sailing on the Bliss but welcome both general (fleet wide answers) and specific (Bliss and other Breakaway+)

6 minutes ago, New2cruise2022 said:

2) Is there access to a locker area? Are there actual lockers (with locks) for use and is there a shower area in the locker room?

Thanks!

***Sailing on the Bliss but welcome both general (fleet wide answers) and specific (Bliss and other Breakaway+)

1) I think so, I certainly brought a water bottle with me but no one was checking what was in it, so fill a yeti or the like with what you want and you should be ok, but just don’t get too rowdy

2) yes and yes

3) 8am to 10pm but may close earlier on the last night and there’s tours running through the spa on embarkation day up to 5pm. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, New2cruise2022 said:

Thanks!

1) Last I knew water IS a beverage but from past experience you can bring any beverage, including water, into the spa.

2) Sorry I cannot recall with certainty, but I ->think<- yes.

3) Varies from ship to ship but they are not open very late.

1 hour ago, New2cruise2022 said:

Bliss locker room - They may clear the lockers nightly if your question is whether you can move into the Thermal suite as an extension to your stateroom

3be9222dab3526c1b2f6c67e9466f76b.heic

8cf392c3d2abd300547dd895d24bf311.heic

b21335a70ef6bef36730b9dc4680bd3d.heic

Showers in lockerroom

31be44bf50cf02fbc750552040b0df58.heic

2 hours ago, New2cruise2022 said:

Thanks!

You can bring a beverage but it cannot be in a glass.  They provide infused water and plastic cups and I have only once seen anyone with an adult beverage. 

There is a locker area with showers, lockers that lock, towels and robes. Some are bigger than others (the Prima was tiny) but the women's locker room on the Bliss was very nice so I am assuming the men's is also.

Spa hours are as mentioned above but my favorite time late morning/early afternoon on a port day. I usually have the place to myself.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Bliss locker room - They may clear the lockers nightly if your question is whether you can move into the Thermal suite as an extension to your stateroom

3be9222dab3526c1b2f6c67e9466f76b.heic

8cf392c3d2abd300547dd895d24bf311.heic

b21335a70ef6bef36730b9dc4680bd3d.heic

Showers in lockerroom

31be44bf50cf02fbc750552040b0df58.heic

Nope. Not moving in. Haha. Thanks for the great pics. The organization you must have of your image library! My index finger cramps while I scroll to find photos. 

• Haha 1

On 1/14/2023 at 3:26 PM, New2cruise2022 said:

I'll add a little color to the questions asked, as they've been answered wonderfully by many above! But...it's Cruise Critic and I want my say!

1. Yes you can. No glass. They also provide plenty of tea bags for a cup of hot tea. Based on my last experience (Getaway), you may want to bring your own non-glass cup for water/tea as they were often out of cups. 

2. Bird did better than I could even imagine.

3. I've always seen the hours as 4 or 5 PM to 10 PM on the first night, then 8 AM - 10 PM, until the last night which is 8 AM - 8 PM.

Have fun lounging and being lazy! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, iambumbo said:

We're going on Encore next month and considering getting a day pass to the spa on a port day.  What do those cost?

They don't always make them available, it depends on how many guests have bought a full cruise spa pass.

We bring our “adult sippy cups” with wine.  🤭

Day passes are only available if all the weekly (or whatever length) passes are not sold.

as you can see in Birds most excellent photos, the locks use a code that you set.  How w ever on several ships we’ve sailed the locks did not operate on most of the lockers.  So, I left my clothes in them but nothing valuable, of course the only item I carry around on the ahi is my Kindle and key card and I’ll be stretched out on a heated lounger reading so it’s no biggy.   

one of my favorite things about the spa is using the showers.  They are larger than the cabin showers and we don’t steam up  the cabin or use our towels.   

someone asked about price and it varies depending on the ship and length of the cruise.   We do very few, if any excursions (unless it is an exceptional itinerary abroad) so the spa IS our excursion. 

Edited by MagnoliaBlossom

55 minutes ago, SuzieQ521 said:

Does anyone know the cost of the thermal spa (for a day) on the Bliss? We are going next week. 

Do they let you purchase just for one day or are you obligated to buy for all week? Thanks

On rare occasions you can purchase for a day, but usually you have to buy week long access. 

1 hour ago, SuzieQ521 said:

Does anyone know the cost of the thermal spa (for a day) on the Bliss? We are going next week. 

Do they let you purchase just for one day or are you obligated to buy for all week? Thanks

Day passes are sold at the discretion of the Spa and normally only on slow port days (i.e., never a sea day). Pre-pandemic, there were many cruisers where day passes were not sold if weekly passes were sold out. On recent cruises on newer ships, day passes have been sold for $99 on port days. 

Edited by BirdTravels