Advice requested- diamond after next cruise, sailing 7 days later on celebrity

We will be Diamond after our next cruise with Royal. We are trying Celebrity 7 days later.

If I understand, Celebrity matches Royal Diamond at Elite.

The perks are great as they will upgrade from classic beverage to premium beverage gratis.

I read that  it takes 10 days post sailing for status to take effect. 

Any advice to have this happen to use the match benefit with Celebrity? Should I work this with customer service with Royal or Celebrity? Thanks for thoughts and advice. 

You can call RC and explain the situation after you return form the first trip. We had to do this for our Wonder of the Seas cruise over Thanksgiving as we were delayed a whole day returning due to a medical emergency.  There was a letter in the stateroom saying that we would get credit for the extra day. When we returned and got credit for the voyage, we did not get it. I called and got a o the right person who fixed it immediately. 

Bottom line...don't take "no" for an answer. 

Cheers! 

• Like 1

Royal says:

"It may take up to 10 days for recent cruise details and loyalty points to display after your cruise ends".

My experience, it has never taken 10 days.  But, like suggested, it may be a good idea to call the C & A # and make sure it happens in time for your next cruise.

• Like 2

And you still might need to contact Captains Club to make sure the update was applied.  And ship also might not get the data in time so you might need to bring evidence of status to ship LA (screen shot of C&A points should work.  Best possibility is everything works fine!  Our C&A usually takes a couple of days after cruise but no idea how Captains Club updates to a new status.

• Like 1

Like MarionMom, my points are generally posted six days after the cruise.  Odds are pretty good the points will show in your C&A account when you board X a week later.  
You might visit the loyalty ambassador on your royal cruise.  Perhaps they will be willing to compose a short note or email to their celebrity counterpart stating you just completed your D cruise.

• Like 1

I would sign up for a Captains Club account now. We had cruised a few times on Celebrity in the past. Within a few days of turning Diamond received an email welcoming us as Elite from Celebrity. They apparently did the cross checking automatically. 

• Like 1

On 1/16/2023 at 2:43 PM, tiffcruisers said:

The perks are great as they will upgrade from classic beverage to premium beverage gratis.

I would strongly recommend you verify this as we have never had that happen.  

What you get as Elite on Celebrity is free drinks, from a select drink menu, in most bars from 5 - 7 PM except for embarkation day. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

I would strongly recommend you verify this as we have never had that happen.  

What you get as Elite on Celebrity is free drinks, from a select drink menu, in most bars from 5 - 7 PM except for embarkation day. 

Agreed we are Elite+ and pretty sure this does not happen.  There may be a discount, but it's not a free upgrade.

• Like 1

Thank you all!   Yes, I will call and speak to Celebrity agent when we return home from the Royal cruise. 

My info on Elite benefits are from the Celebrity website- so unsure what current situation is as Celebrity 

is on a chopping cycle it seems. From Celebrity website, it claims the following perks. We booked a classic drink package and internet when we booked last year. I was under- maybe false impression- we would be upgraded when we reached Diamond on Royal as it's equal to Elite on Celebrity?

Elite

Featured Benefits

• Access to exclusive daily coffee house-style breakfast and Evening Cocktail Hour
  • 30% off Wi-Fi package or Wi-Fi upgrade
  • 15% off Drink Package or upgrade to Premium pre-cruise
  • Complimentary access to Persian Garden (on one port day)
  • One complimentary bag of laundry (wash, dry, fold) on every sailing

8 hours ago, tiffcruisers said:

Thank you all!   Yes, I will call and speak to Celebrity agent when we return home from the Royal cruise. 

My info on Elite benefits are from the Celebrity website- so unsure what current situation is as Celebrity 

is on a chopping cycle it seems. From Celebrity website, it claims the following perks. We booked a classic drink package and internet when we booked last year. I was under- maybe false impression- we would be upgraded when we reached Diamond on Royal as it's equal to Elite on Celebrity?

Elite

Featured Benefits

• Access to exclusive daily coffee house-style breakfast and Evening Cocktail Hour
  • 30% off Wi-Fi package or Wi-Fi upgrade
  • 15% off Drink Package or upgrade to Premium pre-cruise
  • Complimentary access to Persian Garden (on one port day)
  • One complimentary bag of laundry (wash, dry, fold) on every sailing

As Elite on Celebrity, you can get 15% off the price of a drink package or 15% off the price of an upgrade from the Classic to the Premium drink package. The cost to upgrade is $20pp/day plus gratuities, so you would get 15% off of that cost as Elite if you want to upgrade. 

• Like 1