On Wonder of the Seas, Which Specialty Restaurant Would You Choose for YOUR Birthday Meal and Why?

LEMJMcC

The lovely wife and I will be on WOTS in a couple of weeks and it just so happens that I'll have a birthday while onboard.  We have the UDP (first time ever) and I would like some suggestions on where to eat my bday meals (lunch & supper).  I know it depends on my taste in food so allow me to state that I enjoy foods of any kind with the possible exception of Indian food, no offense, but I can't stand curry.

So where would you recommend my wife take me and why do you make that recommendation?

Thanks all!

Edited by LEMJMcC

• LEMJMcC changed the title to On Wonder of the Seas, Which Specialty Restaurant Would You Choose for YOUR Birthday Meal and Why?

One of our favorites on the Oasis class ships is 150 Central Park.  The bread that they bring before the meal is best of any of the specialty restaurants (our opinion of course).  The meals are all very good and fried cheesecake (if you like cheesecake) is just the right size for dessert.

• Like 3

Just now, RCFirstTimer said:

One of our favorites on the Oasis class ships is 150 Central Park.  The bread that they bring before the meal is best of any of the specialty restaurants (our opinion of course).  The meals are all very good and fried cheesecake (if you like cheesecake) is just the right size for dessert.

I love cheesecake!  Thanks!

12 minutes ago, LEMJMcC said:

What is Tepanyaki?  

It is called different things by people, Tepanyaki or Hibachi at Izumi's.

Basically, it is a full meal prepared for 8-10 people in front of you.  The chef comes out and entertains while cooking your food.  It is a lot of fun.  But it is quite popular, so if you plan to do this, go straight to Izumi's when you get on board because other restaurants seem to not be able to book Hibachi/Tepanyaki.  Also - be sure to specifically state that you want the Hibachi or they may reserve your time on the sushi side which is not the same.

• Thanks 1

150 CP

IMO One of Royals best offerings with very good quality of food,

We have had great service across all the Oasis class ships we have sailed on.

In our experience the service and quality travels well across the fleet.

BTW The Urban Garden Martini which is the restaurants signature drink is a must try 🍸 

It will be #1 for dinner on day 1 on Wonder when we sail on her this year.

Enjoy Wonder, Have a great birthday 🥳 

• Thanks 1

Hands down 150CP.  We had Thanksgiving dinner there and it was so good we went back two nights later for dinner.  It was hard to get in the second night but we went late so all was good.  Book it on the app as soon as you can as premium times can sell out quickly.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, paross4 said:

If you haven't done one, try the Chef's Table.

Small group, interesting menu and wine.  Lots of it.  

We have done Chef's Table three times and the first (Allure) was outstanding.  The second (Oasis) food wasn't as good and presentation was lacking.  The third (Allure) wasn't good at all, food was a step above Denny's.  No more CT for us.  The best CT ever was on a Carnival cruise when they held it in the galley.  

23 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Eat early if you want a view. Wall of glass behind all tables but the big double one

We like this one, have managed to be seated here a few times.

Was an early seating (5:30)

Views are great!

Assuming Wonderland on Wonder is similar to all the others 

5A10A14A-E3EA-4364-BDFA-265C92777519.jpeg

Edited by PompeySailor
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

We like this one, have managed to be seated here a few times.

Was an early seating (5:30)

Views are great!

Assuming Wonderland on Wonder is similar to all the others 

5A10A14A-E3EA-4364-BDFA-265C92777519.jpeg

I was referring to Izumi. It faces outside