When are the Gala nights???

bz

We are on the Eurodam 2/5.  I've made specialty reservations, but how do I find out which nights are the gala nights that have the better menus?  I can guess, but is there a way to find out before we board so I can, hopefully, change our specialty reservations?

It would be so much easier for us to make an educated guess if we knew your itinerary, including the time you sail from each port and how many nights the cruise is. 
Knowing what ship you are on doesn't help. 

The first and last nights will never be 'dressy' nights (they are no longer called 'gala' nights). Usually the dressy nights are the second night, and the next to last night. But I can't be sure since I have no idea what your itinerary is. 

• Like 1

We are on the Eurodam, 2/5 to 2/15.  We are stopping at Half Moon Cay, then a sea day, another sea day 2/10, sea days 2/13 & 14.  I can guess they are 2/7 and 2/13, but is there any way to KNOW before we get on board?  That was really my question.

3 minutes ago, bz said:

We are on the Eurodam, 2/5 to 2/15.  We are stopping at Half Moon Cay, then a sea day, another sea day 2/10, sea days 2/13 & 14.  I can guess they are 2/7 and 2/13, but is there any way to KNOW before we get on board?  That was really my question.

Not unless it shows up on the Navigator App prior to your sailing.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, bz said:

Most likely 2/7, 2/10, 2/13.

4 hours ago, JeffElizabeth said:

Gala nights usually are scheduled on Sea Days so people don't have to rush home and change after excursions.  

Not to mention that, depending on where the ship is, home may be a very long ways away.

• Haha 2

Just while I noticed this post - can anyone of the more experienced HAL cruisers describe the dresscode on dressy nights more specifically? We are newbies to the cruise line, with Princess, Celebrity, Cunard and MSC experience. Is there really a recommendation for evening or cocktail dress, or is a pant with a fancy shirt or blouse enough?

Not to be misunderstood, we love to dress up from time to time, but our 14 N South America cruise is part of a 22 days package, and we only have 23 kg baggage allowance 😞

Referring to the different climate zones, there will not be much space left for huge evening attire.

Thanks for your help!

Edited by Adrenalin67

I never 'dress up' anymore. I wear black slacks with a sparkly top, flats, and small matching evening bag. There are women who like long gowns, men who like a tux, and there's always the oddball who shows up in a workman's one-piece coverall, seriously. There is no one to stop you at the door anymore, like the old days. Wear whatever floats your boat, and most importantly, have fun!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, ljcruisers said:

We get on board March 24. When do you find out which nights are dressy. If there is a conflict with our Pinnacle Grill reservation we would want to change our reservation. Thx in advance

ljcruisers

It will show up on your Navigator app no later than when you board, occasionally a couple of days in advance.

It is very common for people to give their itinerary here, and we can usually give you a very educated guess what days will be "dressy".