Haven Room Service

Carolinabanker

9 hours ago, Sydneyberlin said:

Don’t recall reading somewhere that they’re now starting to crack down on this? I have a really hard time imagining just ordering a bottle of Veuve and then carrying it out or the restaurant unopened with none of the staff having an issue with it.

Glad of it really works and we will definitely try but I’ll only believe it when I see it.

In July 2022 we did it all of the time. They did not have an issue with it. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

Princess does it with their Medallion App ordering. They will bring you drinks/food right to you anywhere on the ship. You order it in the App and they bring it to you (the Medallion tracks your location). They must have special staff assigned to do that though. IMO It would not be feasible for Butlers to do that plus their regular duties.

That's really cool, I wonder if NCL could offer something similar.

Just now, DCGuy64 said:

That's really cool, I wonder if NCL could offer something similar.

I’m sure they could. They would have to invest in a similar system like the Princess Medallion. Yes, it is really cool. You can also see where your friends are onboard similar to find my iPhone or Life360. 

• Like 2

Just now, HBCcruiser said:

I’m sure they could. They would have to invest in a similar system like the Princess Medallion. Yes, it is really cool. You can also see where your friends are onboard similar to find my iPhone or Life360. 

My wife and I have used the apps on both NCL and MSC to do the same, it's a nice feature and I like being able to text or phone when we get separated onboard.

• Like 1

yea not quite sure why I can call  the butler to bring me a drink to another venue (that's true right- though not use I'd do it) but he can't bring me one to my room- what if he met me in the hall- lol. Totally understand someone could abuse either of those situations. Would just be nice to have that night cap waiting in the room vs having to carry it but we're still in the Haven. 

Depending on where your room is, they make it easy enough to do yourself if you're in one of those courtyard rooms on the larger ships as the bar is literally 5 steps from your door.

But yes, one of those annoying NCL'isms that make you scratch your head and ask 'why'?

On RCC's smaller ships we couldn't get drinks brought to our room either, but that was shortly after reopening so may have been more to do with Covid than anything else as they wouldn't even walk our food into our room for breakfast. Trying Celebrity for the first time in 2024 so we'll see how that compares.

On 1/30/2023 at 10:57 PM, nmuller328 said:

yea not quite sure why I can call  the butler to bring me a drink to another venue (that's true right- though not use I'd do it) but he can't bring me one to my room- what if he met me in the hall- lol. Totally understand someone could abuse either of those situations. Would just be nice to have that night cap waiting in the room vs having to carry it but we're still in the Haven. 

Anyone have specifics of where (if you call your butler from the portable phone they give you) locations they are able to deliver cocktails to?

58 minutes ago, cruisebeachgirl703 said:

Anyone have specifics of where (if you call your butler from the portable phone they give you) locations they are able to deliver cocktails to?

Let’s see…

order a drink from a pool waiter and have it in 5 minutes or order it from your butler and have it in 45 minutes. Not sure why you would ever ask your butler to bring you a drink. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Let’s see…

order a drink from a pool waiter and have it in 5 minutes or order it from your butler hand have it in 45 minutes. Not sure why you would ever ask your butler to bring you a drink. 

I agree, if you’re in the Haven, go to the bar or order from one of the waiters walking on the pool or sundeck. If not in the Haven, dear lord go to a bar or order from bar waiter! I am really hoping that it was a joke! We stay in the Haven and would never do such a thing 

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, wolft927 said:

I agree, if you’re in the Haven, go to the bar or order from one of the waiters walking on the pool or sundeck. 

That was the rationale of my wife and myself.  We were two minutes from the Haven Lounge or the Horizon Observation Lounge, so why not enjoy a little change in scenery?  No matter which venue we visited, a waiter was there to take our drink order within five minutes.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 1/25/2023 at 11:17 AM, fastpitchdad said:

I hope you aren't getting the Premium Plus package for the wine, if so you are MUCH better off bringing your own. 

This kills me every time someone mentions this LOL
My dh and I have the "regular" beverage package. He is just a beer drinker.
Me, I love my good wines, champagnes and mixed drinks with top shelf liquor. I'm a pro LOL

I would LOVE to upgrade our package so I can especially enjoy the wine and champagne. I can make due with what is mixed in my drinks (sometimes LOL).

But, adding $500 extra for just me doesn't make sense. I would certainly do $250 in a heartbeat if they would just let me upgrade myself. So sad LOL

• Like 2

3 hours ago, js said:

This kills me every time someone mentions this LOL
My dh and I have the "regular" beverage package. He is just a beer drinker.
Me, I love my good wines, champagnes and mixed drinks with top shelf liquor. I'm a pro LOL

I would LOVE to upgrade our package so I can especially enjoy the wine and champagne. I can make due with what is mixed in my drinks (sometimes LOL).

But, adding $500 extra for just me doesn't make sense. I would certainly do $250 in a heartbeat if they would just let me upgrade myself. So sad LOL

Yeah, with no corkage fee it makes no sense to get Premium Plus if you just want bottles wines for dinner (or even a glass at the bar). The upgraded glasses and available bottle wines are not that great anyway. Just bring your own from home or stop by Total Wine on the way to the ship. 

On 3/11/2023 at 8:00 AM, fastpitchdad said:

Yeah, with no corkage fee it makes no sense to get Premium Plus if you just want bottles wines for dinner (or even a glass at the bar). The upgraded glasses and available bottle wines are not that great anyway. Just bring your own from home or stop by Total Wine on the way to the ship. 

Agree, those wines are not that great (though we had some decent ones by the glass in the past). For us, it’s more about the flexibility- we have wine all the time at home, way too often one might say, a bottle of nice Aussie red with dinner is definitely happening 4, 5 nights a week. But we hardly ever drink cocktails because they feel really bad value most of the times.

As part of the package, you can go nuts and try alcohol you’d otherwise never drink. And if you don’t like something- just put it to the side and order a different one. Or just stick to Veuve which is what I usually do while my partner tries all those sicklish sweet cocktails- there’s something for any taste. And in terms of wine (or the occasional thirst for a cold beer), at least you tend to get different ones from the stuff we have at home, wines from California as an example are near impossible to get at a decent price here Down Under. 

But back to topic- if we’re lucky enough to get our upgrade to the Haven, we will happily walk off a 10th of those calories in a drink by going to the next bar. If in an aft, maybe even a little more than 10%, yay ☺️

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sydneyberlin said:

Agree, those wines are not that great (though we had some decent ones by the glass in the past). For us, it’s more about the flexibility- we have wine all the time at home, way too often one might say, a bottle of nice Aussie red with dinner is definitely happening 4, 5 nights a week. But we hardly ever drink cocktails because they feel really bad value most of the times.

As part of the package, you can go nuts and try alcohol you’d otherwise never drink. And if you don’t like something- just put it to the side and order a different one. Or just stick to Veuve which is what I usually do while my partner tries all those sicklish sweet cocktails- there’s something for any taste. And in terms of wine (or the occasional thirst for a cold beer), at least you tend to get different ones from the stuff we have at home, wines from California as an example are near impossible to get at a decent price here Down Under. 

But back to topic- if we’re lucky enough to get our upgrade to the Haven, we will happily walk off a 10th of those calories in a drink by going to the next bar. If in an aft, maybe even a little more than 10%, yay ☺️

I agree, the entire package is fun but for pretty much everything else but wine 🙂

• 1 year later...

I want to thank the many writers of this forum. I'm not an overzealous cruiser: QE-II twice (Queen's Grille); Holland America twice; Norwegian this is our third. Compared to many, I'm a real novice. But we do enjoy and truly respect and appreciate the finer things. Thus we're in the Haven this time around. We embark Monday, April 8th. My point today is even as a long shot, I have now cancelled my bid for an OS; staying with the 2-bedroom villa which appears to be a great space. Reason: I listened to you: the wind is a real factor with the forward balcony suites. I think I was after clout; dumb on my part. So we saved a few dollars; already reserved for Prima in November. But right now I'm super excited about the Escape. JustRachel from Tennessee 

NOTE: The JustRachel came about when I was a realtor with Century 21. My last name, to many, is/was a challenge (13 letters long) ... so I told everyone, customers, clients, co-workers, advertising community ... to just call me Rachel -- and it stuck. I'm retired nearly 8 years and the overall community still refer to JustRachel.