Buying a future Royal Caribbean cruise on Celebrity. Is it possible

ILOVESHIPS

I tried to book a Royal cruise while I was on the Apex in December. The Future Cruise Consultant told me that wasn’t possible, so I booked it myself (no additional perks).  Later that week, a different consultant told me I was given bad information and that it is possible 🤷‍♀️. I have to say I was a bit ticked by the inconsistent info 😞 

We booked a Royal Caribbean open passage on Celebrity. The future cruise consultant we were working with had to ask another one how to do it, but it got done and we booked a fun cruise with our grandsons when we got home.  Then, on that RCI cruise we booked an open passage for Celebrity. : )  

If you are told no you can’t do that ask to talk to the manager.  If the manager tells you that you can’t do that tell him that you can because you read on Cruise Critic that others have done it.  🙄

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

22 hours ago, LarryHD2 said:

I booked our upcoming Celebrity cruise while on a Royal ship in their Future Cruise department....  the reverse should be possible and you probably have to go there in person.

I also booked a Celebrity cruise while on Royal Caribbean.  They printed out the Celebrity Next Cruise  perks.  Other than that, the process is exactly the same.

I tried booking a Celebrity cruise while onboard Wonder of the Seas last year and was told  it was not possible (by a manager) because "We don't have access to Celebrities system."" but that may have been because it was one of their first US sailings?