Edge aft balcony cabins

craig01020

31 minutes ago, craig01020 said:

Hello all!  I'm looking at Celebrity Edge to New Zealand in 2025. The aft balconies are currently only $100 more than standard ones!  Has anyone stayed in these and do you have any advice as to which deck is best?

Thanks!

We were in 11270  on the Edge and loved it .   Only con is it is one loooonnnnnggg walk to the elevator so make sure you have everything before you leave the room.  The only issue we had - noise on the last night due to rough seas making the partition let loose, had we figured it out before morning we would have had it fixed 🙂  Also note those corners are a bit weird as they share an entrance with the Sunset Sky Suite on the corner.  No issues just weird that the door opens outward and you have a shared entrance

• Like 1

Avoid deck 7; the noise from Eden at night is annoying.

(We were on deck 7 on Apex; I am not sure if the issue would also happen on Edge, but I wouldn't be willing to take the chance. We ended up changing cabins.)

Edited by hrhdhd
  • Thanks 1

I have sailed in a SV on both deck 8 and 10 on Edge.  Excellent cabins with a true balcony and excellent view of the wake.  I have a deck 9 SV booked on Apex.  I’m okay with the long walk as it allows me extra desert! 😋

• Like 2

Grab it QUICK!!

We stayed on deck 7 & 8 on the Edge & never noticed any sound from Eden.

Mind sharing what sailing...might snag it for us!!

(Crystal is the current activities director; met her on the Edge summer of 2021 & cannot wait to sail with her again--she is a GEM!)

2 hours ago, Glitterati said:

When we booked our SV for the Beyond, they were £100 less than an IV! What a steal! 

When bookings open for sale, the SV are always cheaper than the IV on E class ships.  For whatever reason, Celebrity believes that the SV are an inferior product to the IV and are a lesser category.  The reason why they go up in price very quickly is because they sell out so fast and there is a lot smaller inventory.

Hopefully Celebrity will realize this in their next generation of ship that these standard balconies are the ones people are more willing to pay for.  I think RCG might have gotten the hint by doing a more balanced mix of IV and traditional balconies on Icon of the Seas.

1 hour ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

When bookings open for sale, the SV are always cheaper than the IV on E class ships.  For whatever reason, Celebrity believes that the SV are an inferior product to the IV and are a lesser category.  The reason why they go up in price very quickly is because they sell out so fast and there is a lot smaller inventory.

Hopefully Celebrity will realize this in their next generation of ship that these standard balconies are the ones people are more willing to pay for.  I think RCG might have gotten the hint by doing a more balanced mix of IV and traditional balconies on Icon of the Seas.

Makes sense- supply and demand!

I can’t see how a larger cabin and a massive balcony make it an inferior product to Celebrity. Especially when they are a lot more expensive than a standard verandah on Solstice class. I know they are pushing their IV is wonderful narrative, but on paper (and in reality) they are a better cabin. 

17 hours ago, craig01020 said:

Hello all!  I'm looking at Celebrity Edge to New Zealand in 2025. The aft balconies are currently only $100 more than standard ones!  Has anyone stayed in these and do you have any advice as to which deck is best?

Thanks!

We stayed in an aft cabin on deck 11 - sorry can't remember the number, but it was PERFECT! (Think it was something like 11270 .. 0r those numbers in a different order 720 etc .. ha ha)

We absolutely loved it. It was large, had seats, a coffee table and 2 sun loungers. Very quiet and private. Would not hesitate to book one again, though we think we would go lower and in the middle as those balconies are larger. Perhaps avoid one that is right above Eden.

PS Just noticed that someone above has had 11270 so that sounds right 😉

Edited by Presto2