Roatan

UncleDougsDonna

16 minutes ago, nbsjcruiser said:

Looking for suggestions for a beach day while in Coxen Hole. How far is Little French Key? How do you get there?

tks

You book through their website, with transport - lots of reviews pros and cons on this message board.

Edited by c-leg5

On 1/19/2024 at 4:22 PM, nbsjcruiser said:

Looking for suggestions for a beach day while in Coxen Hole. How far is Little French Key? How do you get there?

tks

Last time in Roatan we had a cab 🚕 driver who waited for us and we got to Henry Morgan resort for a day pass. Safe secure place nice pool and security guards and Zumba and other activities. Snorkeling 🤿 from shore to the left or boat ride fee to ship wrecks and reef 

Wonderful day tripadvisor for information 

On 1/19/2024 at 4:35 PM, c-leg5 said:

You book through their website, with transport - lots of reviews pros and cons on this message board.

So once you book online, the dya of your arrival you will walk out of the cruise terminal and there will be alot of people trying to sell tours. They send you a picture of your driver and he will be holding a sign. You will then board a van, and its about 25 to 30 minute drive to little french key. You then take a 5 minute water shuttle to the island. I have been there 3 times, and i Love it but each time we go drinks and food have gone up alot. a bucket of 6 beers was almost $50

We are using Rony's tours. He has a website. We are going to Daniel Johnson's sloth and to a beach for relaxing. Rony has been very informative each time I emailed him. I will come back and post how my trip was. We are going in March.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/26/2024 at 8:27 AM, AmandaKaye79 said:

We are using Rony's tours. He has a website. We are going to Daniel Johnson's sloth and to a beach for relaxing. Rony has been very informative each time I emailed him. I will come back and post how my trip was. We are going in March.

Please let us know as we're thinking of booking Rony's in September and would love to hear your thoughts. DIL wants to do horseback riding, the animal/eco park and then stop at a beach resort for a couple of hours. 

37 minutes ago, familycruising4ever said:

Please let us know as we're thinking of booking Rony's in September and would love to hear your thoughts. DIL wants to do horseback riding, the animal/eco park and then stop at a beach resort for a couple of hours. 

We're using Rony in early June. We had a tour booked with him in 2019 but sadly missed Roatan due to high winds. Like the other poster, I've had good e-mail correspondence with his company both times. They will customize your tour however you want. You're not limited to what's listed on his website.

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 4/17/2024 at 12:28 PM, KATHYMAC68 said:

Help me choose between Maya Key and Turquoise Bay!

They both have good reviews Maya comes with lunch and Turquoise is AI.

We have not been to either so the only advice I can provide is this: Maya Key is close to the cruise port and Turquoise Bay is quite a long drive to the northeast (about 10-11 miles as the sea gull flys). If travel time is a concern, then Maya Key would be the choice. I'm sure others who have visited both will have more info for you.

ETA: just saw your other thread on this topic and it appears you chose Maya Key, albeit for other reasons than travel time.

Edited by joepeka

52 minutes ago, joepeka said:

We have not been to either so the only advice I can provide is this: Maya Key is close to the cruise port and Turquoise Bay is quite a long drive to the northeast (about 10-11 miles as the sea gull flys). If travel time is a concern, then Maya Key would be the choice. I'm sure others who have visited both will have more info for you.

ETA: just saw your other thread on this topic and it appears you chose Maya Key, albeit for other reasons than travel time.

I saw that they have animals there and you can get up close to them. Sounds interesting!

• Like 1

On 4/1/2024 at 1:28 PM, OCSC Mike said:

We're using Rony in early June. We had a tour booked with him in 2019 but sadly missed Roatan due to high winds. Like the other poster, I've had good e-mail correspondence with his company both times. They will customize your tour however you want. You're not limited to what's listed on his website.

We loved it. We had a private tour for 2 people. He took us to the Monkey and Sloth zoo first, then after he took us to a beach for the afternoon. It was a great time!

• Like 1