Peanut/tree nut Allergy

coupeb

My niece has emailed the Princess dietary department about her severe peanut/tree nut allergy and after a few weeks, still hasn't received a response.  We know to meet with the maitre d on the first day, but were wondering about eating outside of the dining room. Does anyone with this allergy know if it's safe to eat at the pizza place or at the grill (hamburgers, hot dogs, fries, etc)? What should we do about the Horizon Court? We'd rather not have to eat all meals in the dining room. Thanks.

I submitted a dietary request last night and received confirmation of receipt today.

This is why they keep the peanut butter cookies in the back of the IC.  I do hope that your niece will carr her epi pen and have a talk with both the head waiter and manager at the Horizon Court.  

• Like 1

I have the same allergy. When you board see the head waiter at the MDR where you intend to eat and speak to him/her.  You will be given a menu for the next day to choose your meals and your meals will be pre -ordered.

When you go to the buffet or any other eating venue make sure to tell them right away, when I have done this they have called a chef or head waiter to go through the line with me to make sure I make good choices.

At the  IC they have even made a batch of muffins that will be nut free (rather than the regular batch that might be contaminated), They put the batch aside for my daily coffee treat. Usually I don't ask for this as it really is calories I don't need - but they will do it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, coupeb said:

My niece has emailed the Princess dietary department about her severe peanut/tree nut allergy and after a few weeks, still hasn't received a response.  We know to meet with the maitre d on the first day, but were wondering about eating outside of the dining room. Does anyone with this allergy know if it's safe to eat at the pizza place or at the grill (hamburgers, hot dogs, fries, etc)? What should we do about the Horizon Court? We'd rather not have to eat all meals in the dining room. Thanks.

You will not be able to eat lunch everyday in the MDR as it is only open on sea days. My wife has allergies for certain fish and peanuts. She just asks lots of questions while ordering. You will be fine with poolside pizza and burger places.  It took us a few years to realize that the chocolate sauce with the baked Alaska dessert is made with ground up peanuts. Or at least it used to be

Edited by memoak

4 hours ago, cnd crsr said:

At the  IC they have even made a batch of muffins that will be nut free (rather than the regular batch that might be contaminated), 

Please.  I know you are allergic but calling a muffin with nuts in it as "contaminated" is so misleading.  They aren't contaminated.  Just call them '"a batch with nuts in them."

Speaking of nuts.  I found it quite amusing that Southwest Airlines made a big deal about them no longer serving peanut.  Next time you fly Southwest, take a look at the back of the snack mix package.  It says the ingredients may be produced in a plant where nuts are also made.

Edited by damiross

7 minutes ago, damiross said:

Please.  I know you are allergic but calling a muffin with nuts in it as "contaminated" is so misleading.  Why couldn't you have said a batch with nuts in it instead?

You missed the point, but you wouldn't understand the ramifications of nut contamination.  

• Thanks 1