LIVE from Celebration Jan 29 w/Rolex 24 Photos

EngIceDave

Apparently…

One more bathroom thing, I know it’s a personal issue, but I do not like the supplied shower gel. Smells like Axe Body Wash.

The shower is nice, plenty of room for me and larger than the old curtains version. Has a hook to hang your shower scrunchie or whatever it’s called and a foot bar for lady things. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That’s us.

This leather shop in Amber Cove has nice stuff, the gun cases are cool. Place doesn’t smell like leather though, it smells like a giant cow. Like a giant living cow. 

Sun was crazy bright. Blinding me. Sunglasses, hat and squinting didn’t help.

24FA3754-EFA6-48C4-BE2A-CD670A6A2BAB.jpeg

79B9AE6F-7DDE-44D8-937E-A14454DE79DC.jpeg

1044309E-072A-46AB-B9CC-43D7A45A3EC0.jpeg

FE79FAFD-7CEC-46CB-B85D-2C5DDCF563DC.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, EngIceDave said:

There’s no hand soap in the bathroom. Not even a bar soap. Have to open shower and use shower gel as hand soap. 

BTW, my cabin doesn’t have the bed next to the window. Couch is next to window.

I always just bring a bar of soap from home for the shower. I never use the shower gel and hubby brings his usual body wash. 

we were on her last week and there was a small round bar soap for the sink, so maybe ask your steward. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EngIceDave said:

No joke, a woman has a small French bulldog named Olaf as a “service dog”

I asked where it did it’s business and she said they have spaces in the crew areas. 

There were three "service dogs" on the Jan 8th sailing including a tiny pomeranian sized thing. Unreal.

We had a bar of soap in the bathroom for handwashing, etc. Ask a steward or hit the cart in the hallway 😆 

On 1/29/2023 at 11:26 AM, weezal said:

Miami Marathon road closures bad in downtown area. I’m only 2 miles from port, stuck in car for over half hour. Wonder if they will delay the sail time today. 

We were in an Uber the night before our Christmas Celebration cruise, stuck in traffic for Andrea Bocelli concert at the arena. 20 minute ride back from Walmart took about an hour.

Just started to shower as we arrived…Therefore, it’s officially been declared it a “HIGH HUMIDITY DAY” 

All hair shall be frizzed. Don’t fight it. 

here’s our port mate….an old RCCL tub. Makes us look bad. Hurts neighborhood values.

29AD95DF-DBE9-4067-B1A7-54A0DA659EDC.jpeg

99EBBE35-EAD8-4F74-8C46-59F37B6E415A.jpeg

• Haha 2

Quick review of the tour, EXHAUSTING. Said medium activity, a few folks were getting really tired because we never really stopped until we got to lunch. One food stop, that’s it.

Last tour we did here, we did mojito and rum lessons early, then went for fruit helados (ice cream) and then we went to a coffee place and finished at the mofungo. This was generally just a lot of walking. 

Would I do it again? Not this one. Love food tours, this was more walking tour. Well over 3 miles with lots of elevation changes, hills and stairs.

But, I gutted it out and survived (and took a nappy when I got back)

Better way to explain it, it was a walking tour with a mojito and mofungo at the end. 

The mofungo was excellent, BTW.

Yuca, tons of garlic and fine cilantro and some really nice slow cooked chicken in sauce and you mixed/mushed together