What time are rooms ready?

smittyfoto

2 minutes ago, groundloop said:

On RARE occasions I've seen them be ready earlier than 1:30 (there will be a ship-wide announcement), but not very often.  

I have seen that too, but usually if it happens it's 5-10 minutes early. It's certainly something, but not anything to write home about.

4 hours ago, smittyfoto said:

Approximately what time are rooms ready for a 4 pm Departure? 

As others have stated 1:30pm, unless you are Diamond or Platinum or purchase FTTF, then you have the ability to go and drop your luggage in your room as soon as you board - and rooms are usually ready by about 12-12:30pm (in my experience)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, britbritrawr09 said:

If you’re in a suite are you allowed to enter before? I think I read something about being able to drop off carry on.

Yes in fact suites should be ready as soon as you board.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mic101680 said:

Most of the time it's between 1-1:30 (they usually post 1:30 on the hallway doors), but I've had rooms ready as early as noon on some cruises.

Yes, but they still don't want guests in the halls getting in the way of cabin stewards.  They're busting their behinds getting everything ready for us.

Anymore I wait even longer than 1:30 to go to my cabin so as to avoid the mad rush.  

Edited by groundloop

3 hours ago, britbritrawr09 said:

Thank you! It’s my first time lol. 

Just to clarify.  The suite could be ready when you board, but not always.  My experience is they may still be finishing up getting the room ready if you are in the very first group to board.  You can go and drop any carry on luggage in your room closet, but if the room is not completely ready I wouldn't hang around in their way while the do finish (just makes it harder for them).  

Rule of thumb - if your room keys are ready at your door - the room is done.  If not drop your stuff and leave and let them do their work. 😄

• Like 3

I do hope that Blue/Reds/Golds show appropriate deference and adhere to the protocol. I know I asked my Gold DD to wait for the announcement last week and I know she and her BF complied.  They had even accidentally missed the porters on the way in so were lugging their entire week's worth of luggage with them. No complaints from her; camped up in Serenity.  Some day she'll reach Plat and will earn the privilege of quickly dropping her carry-on.  We are always very quick about it, thanking the stewards for their hard work as we pass through the hall and back out.  

5 hours ago, wemjam said:

Just to clarify.  The suite could be ready when you board, but not always.  My experience is they may still be finishing up getting the room ready if you are in the very first group to board.  You can go and drop any carry on luggage in your room closet, but if the room is not completely ready I wouldn't hang around in their way while the do finish (just makes it harder for them).  

Rule of thumb - if your room keys are ready at your door - the room is done.  If not drop your stuff and leave and let them do their work. 😄

Of course thank you. 

4 hours ago, jsglow said:

I do hope that Blue/Reds/Golds show appropriate deference and adhere to the protocol. I know I asked my Gold DD to wait for the announcement last week and I know she and her BF complied.

I am a little lost on why you didn't put their luggage in your cabin. We've put ten fellow cruisers carry-ons in ours while they waited for their cabins to be ready.

1 hour ago, BallFour4 said:

I am a little lost on why you didn't put their luggage in your cabin. We've put ten fellow cruisers carry-ons in ours while they waited for their cabins to be ready.

That woulda been a long swim! They were on a different cruise.  😆