Is Blantons Bourbon on Quantum in Australia?

TonRin

Hi all,

Is there anyone on Quantum of the Seas out of Brisbane at the minute that can find out if they sell Blantons bourbon in the bars? 

Thanks for your help if you can.

Cheers

Tony

12 hours ago, TonRin said:

Hi all,

Is there anyone on Quantum of the Seas out of Brisbane at the minute that can find out if they sell Blantons bourbon in the bars? 

Thanks for your help if you can.

Cheers

Tony

You also might want to ask on the Australia/NZ board also.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/564-australia-new-zealand-cruisers/

Is this something that RC often carries?  It's usually pretty hard to find here in the States... at least for the price it's supposed to be.  It's not too difficult where I live to find it for way over MSRP, but trying to find a bottle at "normal" pricing can be quite challenging.

4 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

On the Adventure last week, they had 70 bottles. First time I’ve seen it on the ship in quite a while. When I saw the price of $109.99 a bottle, I could see why they still had 70 bottles. It used to be $70ish a bottle. 

The Buffalo Trace effect

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HicksRA said:

On the Adventure last week, they had 70 bottles. First time I’ve seen it on the ship in quite a while. When I saw the price of $109.99 a bottle, I could see why they still had 70 bottles. It used to be $70ish a bottle. 

It’s become stupid! I picked one up last week for $64.99. Anything over $70 and it’s not worth it. Far better choices!

I’ve never seen it in any of the bars on the ships. Usually BT is available in most bars.

The onboard store usually has BT 1L bottles and Blanton’s for sale. During restart they had Blanton’s barrel proof for $89! That was a great day.

Thanks for all the replies, guys. If they have BT, it will be an ok compromise I guess as they are the same distillery. Guess I will find out next Wednesday when we board.

Cheers

Tony

10 hours ago, TonRin said:

Thanks for all the replies, guys. If they have BT, it will be an ok compromise I guess as they are the same distillery. Guess I will find out next Wednesday when we board.

Cheers

Tony

You're going to get a different % proof in alcohol. Blanton's is 93% vs 90% BT. Plus Blanton's is single barrel while BT several different mashbills.   Blanton's tends to have more flavor.  But from a value standpoint for the casual bourbon drinker. BT is the better deal.