Interior Cabin Advice

artvlay

Haven't booked an interior Cabin on Holland and would like direction from experienced people.

We want to book the largest interior class on Rotterdam. Is "I" the largest?

What is the Spa Interior cabin? How does it differ from regular cabins ?

Thank you 

The pinnacle ship's interior cabins are almost all very small and almost none have any extra seating in them - some triples have a useless couch shoehorned alongside the bed.  Typically the room is slightly larger than the bed with a small dressing table and a cube that serves as both a seat and a tray table for room service.  Disregard anything that says "large interior cabin" on it.

There are 4 "I" category interiors on deck 1 in the rear that have more space (1111, 1115, 1124  & 1128 - it seems like they were supposed to be designated as disabled cabins but weren't) but even those haven't got a separate seating area - just more space inside to walk around.   We've stayed in them and they are the largest interior cabins on the Pinnacle class that aren't designated for the disabled.

Spa interior just means they're on deck 10.  They aren't any larger or offer any great amenities you don't get anywhere else (unless you consider a free bottle of water and a yoga mat a great amenity).

See this thread too for the same information:

Edited by Real NHDOC
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Spa Interiors are IQs and are on deck 10 fwd on the Pinnacle-class ships. They have a dedicated access (private staircase) to the spa / gym on deck 9.  Location is quite handy I find, but the upcharge for access and spa amenities (a desktop water fountain/feature thingy, yoga mat, six vitamin waters (or similar) and a bluetooth wireless Bose soundbar) is a little steep.   Nil increase to real estate from the K-cat interiors on deck 11 directly above.    Scott.       

1 minute ago, YXU AC*SE said:

Spa Interiors are IQs and are on deck 10 fwd on the Pinnacle-class ships. They have a dedicated access (private staircase) to the spa / gym on deck 9.  Location is quite handy I find, but the upcharge for access and spa amenities (a desktop water fountain/feature thingy, yoga mat, six vitamin waters (or similar) and a bluetooth wireless Bose soundbar) is a little steep.   Nil increase to real estate from the K-cat interiors on deck 11 directly above.    Scott.       

Has that access door ever been usable?  We've sailed several times in the spa cabins (not by choice, they were assigned to us by a guarantee cabin purchase) and the door was always locked.  Found it very frustrating as it is a nice shortcut to the fitness center but we were never able to use it. 

We sailed in a SPA interior cabin (10008) on the Koningsdam and it was a postage stamp sized cabin.  On the NS & Rotterdam, we were in other interior cabins and enjoyed them much more as they were a bit bigger.  Personally, we prefer interior cabins in the aft section of the ship and a couple floors above the dining area.

Edited by Btimmer
  • Like 2

A "bit bigger" is a relative term.  I can only say the interiors on HAL's pinnacle class are the smallest cabins I have ever seen on any cruise ship.  The bathrooms are nice, basically the same as any others up to and including veranda.  Also, they do have a lot of storage.  But space for anything else is extremely tight - maybe 1-2 feet around the bed. 

I will book them because we can live with them if we have to but most of the time we count on getting upgraded (paid or free) to OV which are, on average, probably 40% larger and more importantly have a place you can actually sit other than the bed. 

They do incentivize you to spend more time out of the room than otherwise would be the case.

God forbid we ever got quarantined in one.

Edited by Real NHDOC
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Pretty sure the interior cabin on my first RCI cruise was the smallest ever.  Like 130 sq ft for me and my teenage DD.  Literally had to squeeze between the two twin beds to climb in them.  That's the reason that one RCI cruise was my one and only.

I'm booked in an I on deck 6 on Rotterdam or 26 nights.  I did ask about it before booking.  My concern was that it backs up to an elevator and I do not want to hear that noise all night for weeks.  I was assured it was a quiet location.

I've looked at photos (try cruisedeckplans dot com) and it looks small but not tiny.

Of course, my favorite interior cabins on HAL are the Large Inside J cabins on Vista and Signature class ships.  Those are fabulous.  So spacious.

• Like 1

We were in 6116 on the NS, and it was larger than I expected, similar to our Veranda on the Koningsdam except the couch was under the TV. Lots of storage, huge bathroom, decent amount of room in front of and on one side of the bed (the other side was tight, but didn't really matter). It looked like an accessibility room, but was not marked as such, nor did we book it as such.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Real NHDOC said:

Has that access door ever been usable?

On our second to last KDAM cruise it was because we had booked that space in lieu of being a deck above --   but that was well pre-covid so I can't say what current practice is.   Scott.

30 minutes ago, robotpony said:

We were in 6116 on the NS, and it was larger than I expected, similar to our Veranda on the Koningsdam except the couch was under the TV. Lots of storage, huge bathroom, decent amount of room in front of and on one side of the bed (the other side was tight, but didn't really matter). It looked like an accessibility room, but was not marked as such, nor did we book it as such.

6116 is actually a handicap cabin.  If you look at the deck plans you'll see it.  You were lucky you got it.  I have asked about getting one of those and was told that we could not book them unless we required a handicap room.  Don't judge the interiors based upon that one.  It's the outlier.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, artvlay said:

Haven't booked an interior Cabin on Holland and would like direction from experienced people.

We want to book the largest interior class on Rotterdam. Is "I" the largest?

What is the Spa Interior cabin? How does it differ from regular cabins ?

Thank you 

We were in I-7112. The cabin is very, very (and I mean very) small. I think the only real plus we had was the convenient location. It was also quiet on the Shubert Deck. I don't think these cabins could get any smaller, unless it was bunk beds.

Do not compare interior rooms on any other ship. There is only one Rotterdam sized ship. On other class ships, from what I've seen, they are all larger. 

Edited by CaliforniaAC
Spelling
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Real NHDOC said:

There are 4 "I" category interiors on deck 1 in the rear that have more space (1111, 1115, 1124  & 1128 - it seems like they were supposed to be designated as disabled cabins but weren't) but even those haven't got a separate seating area - just more space inside to walk around.   We've stayed in them and they are the largest interior cabins on the Pinnacle class that aren't designated for the disabled.

Are these cabins large enough to accommodate a scooter? 

I am used to inside cabins on Main Deck on the Vista/Signature class, and one inside on the remaining R-class ships that have plenty of room to park a scooter, and still get around the cabin easily. 
For someone who otherwise doesn't need an accessible cabin, this would be great. 

2 hours ago, RuthC said:

Are these cabins large enough to accommodate a scooter? 

I am used to inside cabins on Main Deck on the Vista/Signature class, and one inside on the remaining R-class ships that have plenty of room to park a scooter, and still get around the cabin easily. 
For someone who otherwise doesn't need an accessible cabin, this would be great. 

It probably is but you could probably request one of the designated accessible interior cabins too.  Those have bigger bathrooms too.

30 minutes ago, Real NHDOC said:

It probably is but you could probably request one of the designated accessible interior cabins too.  Those have bigger bathrooms too.

I've had the accessible cabin on a Pinnacle ship, and would rather have a regular inside as long as it will take a scooter. At least based on my experience in inside cabins on the other classes of ships. 
I didn't like the bathroom in the accessible cabin. It was too big, had no shelf, and there was no counter space. I am used to having the shelf and counter, and missed that. 

• Like 1

I think those 4 cabins on deck 1 might work for you then.  There's definitely space to park a scooter in the entry hall inside the cabin.  I just don't recall the exact layout and configuration of the space in terms of space around the bed.  They are the largest interior cabins on the Pinnacle class ship other than the accessible ones. 

There's still no seating area other than the bed and the small cube at the dressing table but at least you have more space.

Edited by Real NHDOC

If you have a personal cruise consultant just talk to them about your room goals. Basically search for a room that sleeps 3-4 people. State that you want a couch in your room. That is what I just talked through with my PCC and he landed me a nice cabin. If you look there are inside cabins and large inside cabins. The PCCs have visibility of each rooms sq footage and can be of great assistance.

22 hours ago, CaliforniaAC said:

We were in I-7112. The cabin is very, very (and I mean very) small. I think the only real plus we had was the convenient location. It was also quiet on the Shubert Deck. I don't think these cabins could get any smaller, unless it was bunk beds.

Do not compare interior rooms on any other ship. There is only one Rotterdam sized ship. On other class ships, from what I've seen, they are all larger. 

Did you mean I-7114?  Cabin 7112 is an SS on Rotterdam.

Not sure what you mean about there being "only one Rotterdam sized ship."  The other two in that class have the same cabins, don't they?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Real NHDOC said:

I think those 4 cabins on deck 1 might work for you then.  There's definitely space to park a scooter in the entry hall inside the cabin.  I just don't recall the exact layout and configuration of the space in terms of space around the bed.  They are the largest interior cabins on the Pinnacle class ship other than the accessible ones. 

There's still no seating area other than the bed and the small cube at the dressing table but at least you have more space.

Excellent information that helps a lot. Thank you very much. 

18 hours ago, NCTribeFan said:

Did you mean I-7114?  Cabin 7112 is an SS on Rotterdam.

Not sure what you mean about there being "only one Rotterdam sized ship."  The other two in that class have the same cabins, don't they?

All of the Pinnacle class ships have basically the same small interior cabins without extra seating.  That means the Rotterdam (VII), Koningsdam, and Nieuw Statendam.  I mentioned there are some triples that have a couch in them but it is alongside the bed and not really practical to use for anything other than a third person to sleep on.  There are only a total of 10 of those per ship (2 on each of decks 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 behind the mid-ship elevators). 

There are some very nice, larger interior cabins on the other classes with corner sofas (you have to be careful in choosing but they do exist).  None like those exist on the Pinnacle class, and since the OP was asking about that we should limit our discussion to those so as not to confuse.

As for what PCC's know and don't know I think it varies because I have asked specific questions many times to different PCCs and been told they don't know the size or configuration of any particular cabin on the ships and the diagrams and descriptions (using the word "large") are very misleading if not blatantly false sometimes.  An example is they call the interiors up forward on deck 10 large and they are the smallest on the ship!  So, Caveat Emptor.

Edited by Real NHDOC

The old often-touted inside cabin trick of leaving the ship webcam TV channel on as a "window" and a daylight beacon did not work the one time I was in an inside cabin on the older Veendam, simply because the older TV was too small and awkwardly placed.

I hated not waking up to sunshine most of all - but after that, the inside cabin was just as amenable as a regular ocean view cabin on that older ship.

However, our recent Pinnacle Konigsdam had a very large screen cabin TV and the ship webcam station was really like having a large picture window right in the cabin. I imagine one could "wake up to daylight" leaving that TV channel on.

The Pinnacle inside cabins did look  very small, as we walked down the corridor and saw them through open doors.  But then so are the regular cabins on the Pinnacle class ships.

• Like 2

We had 10043 on the Eurodam some years ago and this cabin was marked as an inside but actually had a window. It did not look out to the ocean but on the roof of the pool but at least we got some daylight. It was also convenient to walk out on the deck because there was a door next to the cabin.

We are now looking for 10053 on New Statendam. Similar location. Has anyone been in this cabin. Has this one a window, too?

5 hours ago, Real NHDOC said:

The interior cabins on deck 10 don't have any windows.  Deck 11 - cabins 11057 and 11058 each have one window that looks out onto the track. 

Thank you, sadly the cabins on deck 11 are not available. I saw a picture that looked like there was a window on deck 10, too. 🤷‍♀️

I am pretty sure that there usually are ping pong tables outside those deck 10 cabins and the giant TV screen is in front of them too. If there was a window there I don’t think you would get much natural light because they’re under a deep overhang roof but I am pretty sure they don’t have any windows. 

Edited by Real NHDOC