Norwegian Fjords excursions, tour companies not replying

gina2edu

Hello

sailing Sky Princess in August with stops in Haugesund, Skjolden/Sognefjord, Olden and Bergen. 

I have contacted several tour companies I found online for these ports and only one company has returned my emails.

any one have any luck with tour companies here? Any recommendations? thank you

We are on the Carnival Pride with the same ports in June.  Carnival has nothing listed yet for excursions.  Hopefully Sandra's tours dot com will be coming out shortly.  I did hear there were hop on hop off buses in Bergen, olden and Haugesund.  I'm sure you can Google it.

We contacted norwayexcursions.com and they have been very prompt with their emails and bookings.  We booked some tours with them for our Norway ports.   We are on the Saga tour mentioned here - looking forward to it. We also booked with them for the Golden Circle tour.   We sail  from Amsterdam on July 29th on Holland America.  

On 2/10/2023 at 12:02 AM, gina2edu said:

Hello

sailing Sky Princess in August with stops in Haugesund, Skjolden/Sognefjord, Olden and Bergen. 

I have contacted several tour companies I found online for these ports and only one company has returned my emails.

Skjolden: I remember looking for excursions there (Tour to Jostedalbreen Jotunsheimen, Urnes Church, Feigumfossen) and we tried to contact a touroperator (turidvisitskjolden@gmail.com) by email and telephone. Finally we got the first answer from a business partner of the touroperator after 4 or 5 weeks.. Reason for not anwering: they have other jobs in wintertime and most (of the few!) inhabitants have a very bad/irregular internet connection or are on holidays themselves. 

Covid was the reason we would not cruise at all and we had to cancel the tour (cancelling caused no problems at all). If we will visit Skjolden during another cruise, I will not hesitate to contact them again.... 

On 2/11/2023 at 6:10 AM, MAVIP said:

Skjolden: I remember looking for excursions there (Tour to Jostedalbreen Jotunsheimen, Urnes Church, Feigumfossen) and we tried to contact a touroperator (turidvisitskjolden@gmail.com) by email and telephone. Finally we got the first answer from a business partner of the touroperator after 4 or 5 weeks.. Reason for not anwering: they have other jobs in wintertime and most (of the few!) inhabitants have a very bad/irregular internet connection or are on holidays themselves. 

Covid was the reason we would not cruise at all and we had to cancel the tour (cancelling caused no problems at all). If we will visit Skjolden during another cruise, I will not hesitate to contact them again.... 

Thank you, I am hoping to hear back.

On 2/10/2023 at 8:09 PM, tupper10 said:

We contacted norwayexcursions.com and they have been very prompt with their emails and bookings.  We booked some tours with them for our Norway ports.   We are on the Saga tour mentioned here - looking forward to it. We also booked with them for the Golden Circle tour.   We sail  from Amsterdam on July 29th on Holland America.  

Thanks for the insight, I will be exploring the site! 

• Like 1

On 2/11/2023 at 5:10 AM, MAVIP said:

There are very few tour operators in Skjolden! I probably went with the same one you mentioned. While the sail into this port is great, there are very few things to do here and with large ships touring - it is not an ideal port IMO. The tour operator we went with rarely scheduled tours in advance! This was probably my least favorite port in Norway.

Yes - sort of like Alaska. Most have winter jobs separate from summer jobs.

• Thanks 1

Have you looked on VisitNorway.com the official tourist board website?

in Olden you can book all tours online, bu5 there is also an office at the port that operates the trips.

in Bergen you can buy the funicular tickets at a kiosk on the quayside or online.

it’s Europes wettest city, so take waterproofs.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2023 at 6:02 PM, gina2edu said:

Hello

I had excellent communication with Olden Adventure. Very fast responses via email. 

https://www.oldencruise.com/

Not sure what you want to do in Bergen, but I found some great options here:

https://en.visitbergen.com/things-to-do/tours/fjord-tours

Edited by WNcruiser

• 3 weeks later...

If you are still having problems we got great information from the Tourism office last year re Olden 
They answer this email address in the winter mail@nordfjord.no 

Here is some general information about trips from Olden:

''The public bus to Briksdal Glacier run from mid June to mid August. You can pay with credit card. Here is some information from 2021, we have not received the updates yet: https://www.nordfjord.no/en/glacier-bus

Then you have to hire a car in Olden or contact Olden Taxi for transport to Oldedalen valley and Briksdal. Then the Troll car could be booked at www.briksdalsbre.no, but they will probably prioritize all the cruise passengers who have booked via the ship, since they will be a big group. They do not mix cruisepassengers with other guests. Each troll car have 7 seats.

If you would like to hire a car in Olden, you can send an e-mail to Hertz Stryn, if you book here, the company will arrange it so that the rental car will be located in Olden: stryn@st.yx.no

Take also a look at Olden Cruise, they have excursions or bus trips both to Briksdal Glacier and to Loen where you will find Loen Skylift:  ''