How Cheap Can RCL Get

mcrcruiser

As a senior, I’m going to give the OP a little grace. I’m sure many that have responded have not reached this time in their life yet. Although I do my homework, my senses are still pretty good. 10 years from now, who knows. As a solo, I doubt I will travel much more as I get older. When I feel I can’t do things on my own, I’m done. I have had a long, wonderful cruise career. But I have noticed the increase in angry, demanding and rude cruisers, and it’s not all seniors. This makes me sad, and I don’t deal well with it. 
I think since there was a TA involved with these bookings, they should have dealt with it all, and a thread should have never been made. I think a lot of anger, arguing, and grief could have been avoided. I will never assume anybody else’s mindset, and why they do what they do, but as I get older, and the brain doesn’t work as well as it used to, I give some grace.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I honestly doubt if Royal Caribbean can get cheaper than Carnival.  We just got off of the Valor and they have replaced the golf balls with plastic ones.  Now anybody who has played mini-golf on a ship will tell you that it is hard enough to play with real golf balls when the ship is moving.  Try it with plastic ones.  It is absolutely futile. 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, clackey said:

I honestly doubt if Royal Caribbean can get cheaper than Carnival.  We just got off of the Valor and they have replaced the golf balls with plastic ones.  Now anybody who has played mini-golf on a ship will tell you that it is hard enough to play with real golf balls when the ship is moving.  Try it with plastic ones.  It is absolutely futile. 

So on Carnival BYOB means Bring Your Own Balls🤣😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, clackey said:

Some of these people complaining that Royal is turning into Carnival haven't been on Carnival lately to see how low their product has sunk.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, clackey said:

LOL. It's just a game for fun. Doesn't matter if the balls are "plastic".  My guess is they are biodegradable.  It's just a game.  

38 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Some of these people complaining that Royal is turning into Carnival haven't been on Carnival lately to see how low their product has sunk.

Have you? I can say the one thing on Carnival that is better is the food such as Guy's burgers, the pizza and a few other items.   While we love Royal, we aren't stupid.  No main line cruise line is that much better than another. They all offer up different things.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, BND said:

Have you? I can say the one thing on Carnival that is better is the food such as Guy's burgers, the pizza and a few other items.   While we love Royal, we aren't stupid.  No main line cruise line is that much better than another. They all offer up different things.

Yes I have, both Royal and Carnival pre-COVID and post-restart. The cuts to the pre-COVID product and staffing are much more noticeable on Carnival than Royal.

40 minutes ago, BND said:

LOL. It's just a game for fun. Doesn't matter if the balls are "plastic".  My guess is they are biodegradable.  It's just a game.  

Sorry but this is heresy!  When I play miniature golf I play deadly seriously. Plastic wiffle type golf balls are an abomination to purists of the sport like myself.  No self respecting putt putt golfer would be caught dead putting a plastic golf ball.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

No self respecting putt putt golfer would be caught dead putting a plastic golf ball.

That is the problem.  You can't play when the wind constantly blows your ball out of play.  I will take my own golf balls on my next cruise.

• Like 3

I have sympathy for the OP even if booking the non-refundable had been intentional.  It sounds like Come Hell Or High Water, they would have been on the b2b cruises.  But the reason for missing the second cruise was caused by Royal.   I am glad to hear that Resolutions took care of it.  

Didn't I read somewhere that people can be bumped from the accessible room if there is someone that needs it more?   I didn't pay a lot of attention because I don't need one.  I did reserve an accessible sleeper on a train once.  Only because it was the last room available.   They ended up giving it to a woman and her granddaughter because the woman couldn't do the stairs.   She hadn't known the rooms were on the second floor. The accessible room was really really awesome.  But, the deluxe room they gave me was awesome too, so I didn't mind.  The workers had expected me to make a fuss.  I was still pleased to get a deluxe for the regular price.