Is it safe to do a food & tequila walking tour excursion in Ensenada?

CruiseLoverFromNorCal

47 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

There is localized crime in Mexico.  Also in Chicago, San Francisco, El Paso, Miami etc. etc.  The point being, the entire country is not a crime zone anymore than that entire US is.

probably less crime than in the usa.....

• Like 1

I haven’t been to Ensenada in years, but I would assume that if Celebrity is selling walking tours they believe it’s safe. Take the same common sense approach that you would when visiting any unfamiliar US city (don’t carry extra valuables, download a walking map to your phone or pick one up in the port, and carry the contact information you need to return to the ship alone if necessary). Most importantly, stay with your group and have a great time🙂

You may wish to post your question on both the roll call for your cruise and the port forum for the region. Even though it’s not listed in the cities covered, it appears that the Mexican Riviera port forum covers Ensenada. Here is the link: 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/124-mexican-riviera/

Edited by Silkroad
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Mike45LC said:

I think you need to lock yourself in your home and wrap yourself in bubblewrap.

what is the basis for your paranoid concerns?

Apparently you can’t read very well. As I originally wrote, there have been reports of violence towards tourists throughout the country. 

9 hours ago, CruiseLoverFromNorCal said:

Apparently you can’t read very well. As I originally wrote, there have been reports of violence towards tourists throughout the country. 

There are reports of violence in every city, in the US, and throughout the world.

On 2/12/2023 at 3:28 AM, CruiseLoverFromNorCal said:

Hello, friends. I am considering booking this excursion through the ship/Celebrity, but I keep hearing about rampant crime throughout Mexico. Stories about kidnappings, gun violence, etc. Do you think it’s safe to do such an excursion in Ensenada? Thanks in advance. 

If you don't try to compete with the cartel, you should be fine!

• Like 1

I hope you will ignore the snarky replies. The US State Department does have Baja California on a "reconsider travel" recommendation. They say

"Travelers should remain on main highways and avoid remote locations. Of particular concern is the high number of homicides in the non-tourist areas of Tijuana. Most homicides appeared to be targeted; however, criminal organization assassinations and territorial disputes can result in bystanders being injured or killed. U.S. citizens and LPRs have been victims of kidnapping."

We will be in Ensanada on a cruise this fall and are also watching the warnings a we decide what to do. Better safe than sorry. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, lupaglupa said:

I hope you will ignore the snarky replies. The US State Department does have Baja California on a "reconsider travel" recommendation.

Compare the crime statistics for any Mexican Riviera port of call to those in the large city nearest to your home here in the US.  The State Department's "travel recommendations" ignore the comparative crime rates.  I am at much greater risk of being a victim of violent criminal acts in Las Vegas, Los Angeles, or San Francisco (not to mention Detroit, New York and other high crime cities!) than on a cruise port-of-call.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...