Specialty Restaurants Tipping

asnaleah

Why tip there and not in windows, mosiac, kitchen,laundry, etc. Tips are included in your fare and you will not get any better service by tipping.

Put something in the crew fund and all crew will get benefit.

Sorry, but it's a North American driven habit. Try it in japan, OZ, NZ, where tipping is not required  or appreciated.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, asnaleah said:

Please share your thoughts on tipping at the specialty restaurants. They are included with our suite. Thanks!

Why pay for something twice?

Tips are included.

This sort of question pops up all-too frequently, and the usual suspects will weigh-in with arguments for and against.

It's up to you. Whatever you are comfortable with.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The difficulty is that when they bring you the slip to sign at the end of the meal in the specialty restaurants, there is a tip line, creating (at least for me) kind of an uncomfortable moment. It’s the same in the spa, even though they clearly already add a tip!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mackdogmolly said:

The difficulty is that when they bring you the slip to sign at the end of the meal in the specialty restaurants, there is a tip line, creating (at least for me) kind of an uncomfortable moment. It’s the same in the spa, even though they clearly already add a tip!

And, all you have to do is ignore it! Simple.

But it bugs me, too.

And when your butler arrives on the penultimate day to check if everything went well, and then lingers too long.

To me it is crazy to tip additionally when you eat in a restaurant that applies an automatic service charge. The same applies on Azamara Cruises: tips are included.

No doubt we will hear that the staff are paid very poorly... But, throughout these frequent discussions  on this topic not one person has provided any verifiable evidence or proof of this, so this is promulgated as if it were a fact.

The staff are not slaves. They are there of their own free will.

Tips are included in the price of your cruise. Same as the included drinks. Do you ask reach for your billfold or credit card to pay for each drink? Of course not - they are included!

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, alfredo1 said:

Why tip there and not in windows, mosiac, kitchen,laundry, etc. Tips are included in your fare and you will not get any better service by tipping.

Put something in the crew fund and all crew will get benefit.

Sorry, but it's a North American driven habit. Try it in japan, OZ, NZ, where tipping is not required  or appreciated.

Very much yes to this! We always make a contribution to the Crew Fund. It is a nice thing to do for everyone who makes your cruise a great experience.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, asnaleah said:

Crew fund - do I take care of this at Guest Relations? Very nice idea, thanks for the suggestion.

Yes put a note in an envelope and take it to guest relations

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, marinaro44 said:

The check you are given in specialty restaurants says that a tip is included in the restaurant's charge.

Thereby paying twice for the same thing!

On Pursuit, and soon on all ships (if not already) this is now paperless, but I don't recall whether there is reference to an additional tip.

• Thanks 1

The tipping line is on the bill because Azamara shared a common accounting system with RC & Celebrity, fortunately the new system just requires a signature on an electronic device so there’s now no pressure. 
As as already been said gratuities are included on Azamara so have already been paid in your fare so no need to add anything but a donation to the Crew Welfare Fund is appreciated and enjoyed by all.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1